Beginner Starting Cathe's Workouts :)

msdeedee3

Cathlete
I have been working out on and off for years, but never to the EXTREME of Cathe’s workouts. I have been watching Cathe’s workouts on Fit TV since 2007 and told myself I would love to be Tone like that. But I consider myself a beginner after watching Cathe. I am not in shape at all. So, I decided to purchase Cathe’s Original Health Club Step + Starter Step DVD Value Package. Which includes; Original Health Club Step, Low Impact Step, Basic Step + Body Fusion and Low Max DVD’S, and Cathe’s High Step + Circuit Beginner DVD package. I also purchased a 55 lbs. Barbell Aerobic Weight set and a 9-Pound Bar. I already have a set of small hand weights (2, 4 and 6 lbs.), Tubing and a Stability Ball. I have sectioned off a small area in my Living Room to begin my workouts. I think Cathe will hold my attention and I will stick to her workouts. I can’t wait for everthing to be delivered so that I can start my Beginner Rotation.

Wish me luck.
Deanna
:)

Deanna, best of luck on your Cathe fitness journey. You will have so much fun. It sounds like you've really prepared for getting busy when everything is delivered.

>Deanna, best of luck on your Cathe fitness journey. You will
>have so much fun. It sounds like you've really prepared for
>getting busy when everything is delivered.

Thank you :) And yes, I am ready. I watch Cathe almost every morning at 4am on Fit TV and I just love her style. However, I do have a habit of starting something and then losing interest. :-( But I feel I am ready and I believe Cathe is just the person to help me with my Fitness Journey, and after investing all this money I better stick with it. I just find Cathe to be awesome! :)

I know what you mean about losing interest. I have always been that way. The good thing is I haven't gotten there AT ALL--NOT EVEN CLOSE--so far since I have started using Cathe's dvd's AND coming to these forums. I have picked up so many new tips, new dvd's, new exercises, etc. and it just keeps me very fresh and excited about working out. Most of all, the RESULTS keep me very into it. I have never had such good results as I have had with my current regime. My legs and butt especially have never been so toned (and I actually never knew they were weak--but they really were).

Good luck!!

Karen

>I know what you mean about losing interest. I have always
>been that way. The good thing is I haven't gotten there AT
>ALL--NOT EVEN CLOSE--so far since I have started using Cathe's
>dvd's AND coming to these forums. I have picked up so many new
>tips, new dvd's, new exercises, etc. and it just keeps me very
>fresh and excited about working out. Most of all, the RESULTS
>keep me very into it. I have never had such good results as I
>have had with my current regime. My legs and butt especially
>have never been so toned (and I actually never knew they were
>weak--but they really were).
>
>Good luck!!
>
>Karen

Thank you Karen :) Again I am looking forward to my delivery from Cathe.com on 7.16.08, my weights were delivered 2day to my Job and one of my co-workers asked is that for you son? And I said no they are for me.....LOL....However, I have no objections to my teenage son using the weights. :)

I can't remember if I previously mentioned that I have never been Toned and I will be 42 soon. So, if Cathe workouts can help me lift my Butt and flatten my Stomach. She will be my new BFF... :7

:) I think the workouts will most definitely help you get toned. I am closing in quickly on 40 and they are working for me.

Karen

>:) I think the workouts will most definitely help you get
>toned. I am closing in quickly on 40 and they are working for
>me.
>
>Karen

Great, well my journey will begin 7/16/08. :)

Watch out, you will soon be purchasing more dvd's like I did! Then installing a *floor* and researching shoes, ankle weights, hand weights, whooo!

I,too, started with Cathe on Fit TV - now I own nearly every one of her DVDs. She is THE best in my opinion, and it's impossible to get bored with her or her results. Way to go Deanna on taking this step for your health. Have fun, and I wish you the very best of luck!!!

Beth

>Watch out, you will soon be purchasing more dvd's like I did!
> Then installing a *floor* and researching shoes, ankle
>weights, hand weights, whooo!

:7 funny

>I,too, started with Cathe on Fit TV - now I own nearly every
>one of her DVDs. She is THE best in my opinion, and it's
>impossible to get bored with her or her results. Way to go
>Deanna on taking this step for your health. Have fun, and I
>wish you the very best of luck!!!
>
>Beth

I am very excited and eager for Cathe to whip my butt in shape. :)

I am curious if my Beginner package is going to include a Beginner Rotation Calendar, if not I already printed the Beginner Rotation from this site.

I am not found of the scales :-( but on Tuesday (package will be delivered Wednesday) I am going to measure and weigh myself. Then after completing the 3 month Beginner Rotation I will measure and weigh myself again. If I am trying to lose weight and Tone up, how often should I use the scale?

Package scheduled to be delivered today 7.16.08 so I will start working out with Cathe this evening.

I am so excited I have already added my next Cathe DVDs to my Wish List; Body Blast Series and Intensity Series DVDs. I hope I remain this encouraged after Cathe kicks my butt with the Starter Step DVD Value Pack.
:)

Deanna,

You have invested in a great product!! Cathe has a unique way of motivating you through her DVDs - I've worked out to many different DVD programs, and I have found her to be the best. She really makes you want to "Get up there" (one of her quotes from Step Blast)!

I look forward to hearing how everything goes ...

good luck!

Lisa.

Okay, my package was delivered to me at work today and I could not wait to get home and workout with Cathe. Per the Beginner Rotation, day one Cathe suggest Basic Step + Lower body hand weight add on. Well, all I can say is I started sweating during the warm-up. :p However, I continued and was able to complete both workouts. Cathe was very encouraging and the workout was fun. I know my butt is going to be hurting tomorrow because it is shock now. :eek: LOL Per the Rotation I am to take a rest day tomorrow and it will be well worth it.

I will keep everyone informed on my progess.

Deanna

Love the new look of the site.

Progress Report - WOW I am still feeling my way through the Beginner Rotation. I must really be out of shape because Basic Step has me sweating during the warmup and by the end of the workout I am drenched. If this is the Beginner workout I don't know when or how I am going to make it to an advance workout.

The Basic Step DVD turns out to be not so basic, at least when it comes to the sweat factor. Don't worry! Just stick with it and you will be making fast progress.

Just be careful on this forum and lock your credit cards away, the worst bunch of enablers that I have ever met :p;) I still have flaming credit cards to prove it :eek:

Motivation needed, I have already found myself cheating on my workouts. Monday I did the warm-up and cardio and this morning only the warm-up. I am going to try and complete my workout this evening after work. I guess I am still trying to find a good workout time slot; before work or after work. I like to get it done in the morning before work so I can have the rest of the day to myself.

Progress Report - I kicked up my workout this morning and started Body Fusion. I was able to complete the 50min workout and it was rather fun, I am full of energy. I will now replace Basic Step with Body Fusion. Since I started working out with Cathe 7/16/08 (12 days ago), I have dropped 8 pounds. I find this to be amazing. I am watching what I eat and drinking plenty of water. I have not seen the scale go below 170 in years.

8 pounds in 12 days! that is amazing!

I bought her basic step and body fusion months ago, and one excuse has led to another. You have inspired me to try one of them today.

Congratulations on the success.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.