BB's Slim Series

karate_chick

Cathlete
Hi all!

I'm thinking of getting the SS and wondered if anyone could tell me what results they've had with the dvds and whether they're as intense as Cathe's workouts.

How long is each workout and what does each one consist of? ...there's not much info on the BB website so any detail's much appreciated.

TIA
Andrea

I have SS and I do like it, but there alot of threads on this one over at the Video Fitness forum. You should go over there and do a search, it will keep you busy, believe me.

These are all light weight, hi rep workouts. Most of them use between 3-5 lbs max, and you can add ankle weights on some exercises.

The music is not very good, and Debbie Seibers, the instructor, does not follow the rhythm at all. If you have to have great tunes, this will not fix you up at all.

However, I really like Shape it Up, Tone it Up, Firm it Up, Tear it Up and Mix it Up. I did see increased definition and endurance doing these workouts, and Debbie has a great personality, although there are some problems regarding form. If you know what you are doing you can forgive these issues.

I now use these intermittently with my Cathe strength workouts, just to shock my system a bit and get away from the heavy poundage.

Anyways, that is my 2 cents on these.

I agree with the above comments, but want to add that I am seeing some good results with SS over the past month. I mix it up with heavy weight training (usually Cathe) and cardio. You should be sure to add cardio to your rotation with SS, because SS itself doesn't have a lot of cardio.

Firm It Up is all lower body toning; I have thick legs but for the first time in forever I'm getting some slimming in the thighs.
That's my two cents...

As for the music, there is a "music off"option, and since Debbie isn't following the beat anyway, and the moves are very simple, I just put in my own CD (my favorite is the Powerstrike CD) and follow its beat, doing whatever move they do for as long as they do it.

If you check out the "modifications (?) and rotations" part of VF forum, and do a search there on Slim Series, a couple of people did a very thorough breakdown of the moves and times on each workout. They range between just under an hour to about 75 minutes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.