BBC cardio with an elliptical??

SarahM

Cathlete
HI,

I do not own a TM but have an elliptical. So I was wondering how I could do BBC TM cardio with an elliptical instead. Any thoughts?? should I just increase the intensity? how about my speed?

S.

You could just do the non-treadmill cardio portion. I'm not that familiar with ellipticals and don't know if you can incline them, but incline is a HUGE part of the BBC treadmill cardio. I don't think just increasing your speed will have the same effect.

I expect that when BBC asks you to increase the incline, you could increase your resistance. I understand that BBC also has you running backwards - does your elliptical let you pedal backwards?

I don't have BBC, but I've used the elliptical for other workouts, mainly Cardio Coach. I think you'll be fine.

No problems for the incline I can go up and down. But my issue is with speed.
I can always use the non TM portion of BBC, but I just bought this elliptical and would like to find new ways to use it.

What's the problem with speed? Does BBC ask you to run a certain mile-per-hour speed? If so, I'd just go by how things feel. Just use your judgment, and match MPH speeds with how you think they feel based on the elliptical's RPMs, and adjust as needed.

I ordered BBC a few weeks ago and haven't even taken it out of the wrapper :eek: , so I haven't seen the dreadmill workout, but I agree with Shannon. I have an elliptical too, and I actually do Cathe's step workouts on it ;) . All you really need to do is match the intensity of the treadmill workout. For walking/sprinting I use a lower incline and bump up the speed and resistance, using the incline for hills only. I can pedal backwards on my elliptical so that should work perfectly for the segment in BBC where they have you walk backwards on the treadmill.

... "so I haven't seen the dreadmill workout,
>but I agree with Shannon."

Michelle, was this a typo or deliberate? Either way, you had me in stitches!!! That was too funny (and possibly Freudian)!!

>... "so I haven't seen the dreadmill workout,
>>but I agree with Shannon."
>
>
>Michelle, was this a typo or deliberate? Either way, you had
>me in stitches!!! That was too funny (and possibly
>Freudian)!!
>
>

I assure you, it was was quite deliberate :p :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.