Barre workouts

ladubose

Cathlete
I really love Cathe's Barre workout and i was wondering if anyone has found other similar Barre DVD's and could tell me what they thought of them. I think Tracey Mallets Booty Barre workouts look good, i have also found The Barre Method, & Barre 3. Has anyone tried any of these workouts and what was your thoughts about of them? I hate to spend $ and be disappointed. And we all know Cathe is such a hard act to follow!

Thanks

I've tried the Exhale Core Fusion DVDs and their Body Sculpt and Thighs & Glutes workouts are effective, and Pure Barre is also good. I love the burn I get from barre workouts, but I don't do them often because they don't require a lot of caloric expenditure. I REALLY wish someone would create a HiiT/barre sculpting circuit workout that would torch some calories! *hint, hint*

I like P57, both sets. Some people think the instructor is too chatty but I'm ok with her (and I usually don't like chatty instructors). I also like the Booty Barres.

I noticed walmart . com is now selling the Pure Barres cheaper...I've been wanting to try them but haven't been sure which ones to get. Is Pure Barre more fast or slow paced?

I've been really challenged by Leah Sarago's Ballet Body workouts. She has three on dvds and is coming out with a total body one. In addition, she has downloads for purchase. Her website is leahsaragofitness.com.
Cookie

I have all The Bar Method DVDs, and I am addicted to them! I also have the Core Fusion DVDs, but I don't find them at all challenging or even very fun. I highly recommend TBM! You won't break a dripping sweat, but you will burn like FIYAH!

I love the bar method dvds too; I used to do them before bed they were relaxing. They really helped with my posture. I have the "change your body" and "accelerated workout" they are similar but with variations. I had purchased the "dancers body" workout; liked the workout but hated the instructor; she's an actress and you can tell. "I also have the fluidity dvds that came with the bar but I haven't really used them.

natalie, when I had looked at the super sculpting dvds back when they first came out, it looked like they are very similar; do you think there is enough variation to justify getting both? Also wondering if you have the beginner one with the guy instructor; do you think it's useful for someone who had been doing other bar method dvds a while? I was interested in it because I believe it has a section about good form and wanted to make sure I was doing it right.

I love the bar method dvds too; I used to do them before bed they were relaxing. They really helped with my posture. I have the "change your body" and "accelerated workout" they are similar but with variations. I had purchased the "dancers body" workout; liked the workout but hated the instructor; she's an actress and you can tell. "I also have the fluidity dvds that came with the bar but I haven't really used them.

natalie, when I had looked at the super sculpting dvds back when they first came out, it looked like they are very similar; do you think there is enough variation to justify getting both? Also wondering if you have the beginner one with the guy instructor; do you think it's useful for someone who had been doing other bar method dvds a while? I was interested in it because I believe it has a section about good form and wanted to make sure I was doing it right.

I do not have the beginner or prenatal DVDs (so I guess I really don't have *all* of them like I said!). I absolutely love the two super sculpting workouts. They are different enough to be very beneficial to have both. The arm workouts are only slightly different, but the leg workouts are very different. The abs are similar, but still not too much the same. I really like the Dancer's Body workout, but I agree that Marnie Alton is a little dramatic (and she is an actress, so there ya go); however, it is such a KILLER workout that I have learned to tune her out since I like it so much. Bur is a wonderful instructor, so I really like the SS workouts for that reason also.

There is definitely a learning curve to these. In the Super Sculpting workouts there is a chapter about form for each exercise, so you can make sure you're doing them correctly. Very helpful stuff. I do my workouts in front of a mirror so I can check myself both from the side and the front.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.