Barbell?

jzsnow

Cathlete
What kind of barbell do you have? Do you recommend it? I saw that Cathe use the troy lite bar, but i can't seem to find it.

Thanks!
Jessica

Mine is from Walmart.com recommended to me by SNM Videos and only cost $19.95 plus s/h and I LOVE it!!

The Troy lite is available here:

http://www.fitness1st.com/Troy-Bars.html

I got myself a 47" bar from eBay for 12.49 plus 9.99 shipping. The seller is "efficient_fitness", or search on "standard regular solid bar 47". I don't see any up right now but if you wait a day or two or email the seller they will put another auction. Note: I also bought a pair of spring collars from them too but don't recommend them - they do work but the handles are kinda short and it's hard to get a good grip to squeeze them. I got a pair of spring collars from Academy sports for 2.99 and they work much better.

From Academy I also got a barbell pad (about 16" long) for 5.99 that attaches with velcro to the middle of the bar for when you put it on your shoulders.

From Academy I also got a roll of dark grey self-stick bandage. It's a stretchy bandage that isn't sticky but it sticks to itself. I wrapped this around the rough part of my barbells (where you hold it) and it is SO much more comfortable.

I also have the Weider 25 pound set "junior" barbell from Sears, currently on sale for $19.99. It was available locallay at my store. This one is only 36" long, and hollow so I wouldn't want to load up a lot of weight, but it's great for bicep curls, etc.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.