barbell vs bodybar

Fach

Cathlete
I need to purchase a barbell for the videos. What do you reccomend. The old fashioned barbell or a bodybar? The bodybar sounds good. I'm not sure what weight to purchase if I went that route. I found them on Collage video. Reccomendations?

PS Not looking to build muscle, just maintain.

Hi there! I actually started out with the Body Bar. I have one in 16 lbs and one in 24 lbs. They were fine for a while and I still use them occasionally, but I get much more use out of a barbell.

IMO, I would go for the barbell and plates.

Take care, Melissa

I agree with Melissa. With the barbell at least you have the option of increasing the weight should you ever want to. I started out with a 16lb body bar and am so glad that I eventually got the barbell. Eventually, that 16lbs felt like nothing at all.

Jennifer

I have the 18# body bar and use it occasionally, but I am hoping for a barbell for Christmas (with enough hints to DH!)

Barbell hands down. You really aren't going to use the same weight for everything you'd use it for. I have a bodybar and almost never use it. Its just not versatile enough and it won't grow with you.

I agree. I started with the body bar and now find myself using dumbbells insteatd to add weight. I'm considering getting a bar bell also. Any suggestions on manufacturer? Deb

The Barbell is the only way to make progress and more progress.

Janie

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return"
Nature Boy by eden ahbez 1908-1995

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.