Barbell Suggestions?

ATC1986

Cathlete
Looking at some of the video clips of DVDs I'm interested in, I'm interested in purchasing the barbell and weights used in some of the DVDs. High Reps comes to mind. Does anyone know where to purchase one?

If I could, I would get the Troy Lite barbell. But I could never find one locally, and the shipping costs were too much. Hopefully, someone can give you some good info. Good luck!

I also wanted a Troy Lite Barbell but like elsie3 says the shipping cost was expensive, so instead I bought a CAP Barbell from Dunham's. It comes with 100 lbs of weight, the price was $44.99 and with a 20% off coupon it came to around $36.00.

I believe Cathe used a CAP Barbell with Lower Body Pyramid, at least when I was watching the credits it said CAP Barbell and it looks just like the one I have.

...Cheryl

I just wanted to add to check the weight of the actual bar on the set you end up purchasing. Mine is 10lbs, while the Troy Lite bar is 5lbs. Consequently, I have to adjust my plates to use the same weight as Cathe does in the workouts.

I went on craiglist and got a 15 lb barbell with quick release clamps and about 40 lbs of weights for 25 dollars, I think. I know the lite barbells are only 5-10 lbs, but Cathe seems to always use a lot more weight than that on her dvd's . Might be worth a try in your area.

I have a CAP 15lb bar with clips. I love it. I don't think I'd like a lighter bar. I never use a barbell total weight less than 20lbs total so having a higher weight bar means I can put on fewer and lighter plates. I had the same set before with thread/screw ends but I like the clip best since it makes it much fast to change weights.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.