Barbell after the Troy Lite?

alydinva

Cathlete
I'm outgrowing my Troy Lite! I don't know whether to be excited that I'm getting so strong, or sad because I love that barbell! :confused:

Can anyone recommend a barbell for a Troy Lite graduate? I don't know a lot about barbells, but I'd like to stick with standard plates if possible, since that's what I already have. I've read about the Bella Bar, but it looks like it's and olympic bar. I've considered getting a 15lb aluminum bar - are there any cons to this other than the max load of 200lbs (which I can't imagine exceeding anytime soon).

Thanks!

I'm outgrowing my Troy Lite! I don't know whether to be excited that I'm getting so strong, or sad because I love that barbell! :confused:

Can anyone recommend a barbell for a Troy Lite graduate? I don't know a lot about barbells, but I'd like to stick with standard plates if possible, since that's what I already have. I've read about the Bella Bar, but it looks like it's and olympic bar. I've considered getting a 15lb aluminum bar - are there any cons to this other than the max load of 200lbs (which I can't imagine exceeding anytime soon).

Thanks!

Ohh what are you going to do with your old bar? I've been wanting a Troy lite for the longest time. I will buy it from you

I am going to keep it because I can still use it for barbell curls. I will let you know if I change my mind!

You can get one at Sports Authority or Dick's or the like. I've got a bar that alone is 15#, non-Olympic, that I've had for years and I love.

You can get one at Sports Authority or Dick's or the like. I've got a bar that alone is 15#, non-Olympic, that I've had for years and I love.

My DH and I did the same thing. We needed a BB that both of use could use, so we got our own bar (ours is 13#) and then bought a variety of weight plates. (All at Sports Authority.) It was great because we got to get the exact amounts and increments of weights that WE wanted, instead of just getting what you get in a set.

The only thing that I didn't like about the 15# bar that I got at Dick's was the length. It was longer than my Troy lite bar and so was difficult to maneuver in my small space. If you have the room, then it is definitely the way to go. My Troy lite weights fit on it as did the extras I bought.

I've been eying a Troy Light bar. What's the weight capacity on it? It seems to vary on websites.

The vendor that I bought my Troy Lite from listed the capacity as 80 pounds.

Thank you for all of your input! I really should go by Dick's or The Sports Authority and look at their offerings. I'm just so lazy that I was hoping to be told exactly what to buy online! :D

In STS Cathe uses more than 100 pounds on her Troy Lite bar, I believe.

I just want to say, congrats on outgrowing your Troy Lite! I wish I had outgrown mine!

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.