Ballet Barre inPlace of Fit Tower

gettinfit@42

Cathlete
Currently I have a ballet barre, which I know is way different from the fit tower. I would really like to get the new lower body dvd. Can I do this dvd with a ballet barre?

Thx

You will be able to do some exercises, but not all of them. I've attached the video clip for this workout so you can see most of the exercises featured in this workout. This should help you to understand which exercise you would be able to do for Legs, Glutes & Core

Currently I have a ballet barre, which I know is way different from the fit tower. I would really like to get the new lower body dvd. Can I do this dvd with a ballet barre?

Thx

Yes you can. When there are exercises that require the use of the Fit Tower with the bar set really low, simply lean on a fitness ball or your step. Where Cathe uses the Fit Tower with her barbell, use your squat rack or just work it lying on your bench as per usual with a weight lifting DVD. Where Cathe holds on to the tower while performing cardio moves in Boot Camp, simply execute these moves on the floor and your mats, as you would normally for floor cardio. Where Cathe uses the tower with the bar set low for core moves, use a chair, a weight bench or your step again. No sweat. Tons of ways to make this work if you don't have the FT.

Clare

My DD and I did the Fit Tower BC workout. You can totally do the workout without the tower, IMO! I have the old tower and had not problem using it for the BC workout. When Cathe did the biceps curl on the tower, my DD used my squat rack with a barbell across. She had no problem. For the mountain climbers, you can use a chair/step. I been doing it this way for a long time tue to my back problems.Triceps press downs with the bands, you can use a door anchor for resistance bands. IMO, you can totally do the workout using a ball, high step or a squat rack. You have to think outside the box :D You can easily make this workout a travel workout, since all you need is a band with a door anchor. I haven't done the other 2 workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.