baby shower gift

thinsgreat

Cathlete
looking for a unique/clever / different gift for my boss-- this will be her fourth boy.any ideas will be appreciated. thanks

As a mom of three boys, I'd say just give her a giftcard to use at Target or somewhere practical. You don't know exactly what she needs so this would probably be very helpful for her. You could also give her a bottle of wine or a giftcard to a local liquor store (if she drinks). She'll need it. :p

OR if she's registered somewhere, I'd get her something off the registry.

I was at a baby shower last week where the gift that got the best response was a small plastic basket (kind of looked like a little laundry basket), had Baby ________ (last name) on it in lettering that could be removed and put on something else (walls, picture, etc). Inside was a clothes line with clothespins and tons of little cute baby things attached (clothing, booties, rattles, teethers, etc). So cute!

Also a big hit were the burb cloths. A friend took the basic bloth diapers and stitched some adorable baby bright colored fabric down the middle part of the diaper and then also on the edges. They were so cute! It was all cutesy fabric, in the blue and other ones in pink.

The new mom said that she couldn't use them, they were so cute! The mom of 2 (it was a multiple mom baby shower) said that you will use anything handy when your little babies are spitting up! So true!

Good luck!
Jenn

I have to agree with the cash/$$ route. I have a 2yo boy and one on the way. I have all of the "stuff" you could ever need and then some.
What I appreciate more than anything at this point are things like savings bonds and gift cards for college or stuff I'm going to need in the coming months. Cute baskets, toys, burp cloths, etc....are nice thoughts, but I have sooooo many of those that they just sit in a pile, unused, if they're pretty. (and eventually they make it to the trash when I'm tired of storing them.)

If you want to give a physical gift, give diapers, wipes, baby wash, that kind of thing. She's going to go through diapers like crazy, so that's always a winner!

I'm a practical person, rather than sentimental, so I guess it depends on what type of person she is. But just my thoughts...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.