baby mamas - june 22-28

Hi to all the Moms...

I'm still out of town so, I pop in and out. The first day away, I was teary when my co-workers talked about their kids.... but it got better as the days pass..

Sounds like everyone is getting some workouts in and that is great!! I know that I seem to jump on the treadmill for longer periods of time when I am out of town. (i'm still huffing and puffing though).

I will pop back in again later,:(

Quiet around here today!!

Kate--Hope your busy day was fun! :)

Sydney--Love your sweet new avatar! Have fun on the tm! When do you go home again?

--
Just finished CLX cardio and instead of the CLX yoga (or "recharge"), I did Cathe's ab circuits yoga-style abs. I had no idea it'd be that tough! :eek: I stink at "crocodile pose." AND HOW DOES SHE DO THOSE LEVITATION HOLDS WITH HER LEGS EXTENDED??? I'm in total awe. Anyway... now it's dinner time. DH got the boys pizza because Oliver came home from school sad saying that the drew names at camp dismissal time today and if they drew your name, you got a coupon for a free cheese pizza at DOmino's (yuck). His name wasn't called and he was heartbroken. I thought that was totally unfair, so I said, "we don't need no stinkin coupon!" So, yet again, I forewent pizza and cheesybread. I'm gettin good at this! :p Hope you all have a good evening!

Hi mommies! Sorry for being such a bad poster, but I've just been kind of in a funk. I have been working out a lot which I thought would help my mood, but I think it's the constant influx of family. My nephew is with us now then my bil comes back in a week for another week then we have a bday party planned for our nephew while he's here. It's like nonstop and I'm getting burnt out I think. Anyway, I got 4DS BC done the other day and went running yesterday. I was planning on working out tonight, but I don't know. It's 9:30 and I think I will just get in some ub weights.

Wendy - Hope JJ gets better soon. And also hoping he naps so you can get a little break also.

Steph - Awesome on passing on the pizza and bread!

Hi Kate, Trish, Jess, Sydney!!

Lisa

stephanie, Im proud of you adn inspired by you!!! Eats, workouts .... You're a CHAMP!!!!
And that is really sad abt the pizza!!!

Sydney, I bet you cant wait to snuggle your Anna!

Lisa, I bet youre getting burned out!!! Things w/ bossman all patched up?

Wendy, Hows JJ????
Did you manage your circuit?

-
Friends coming over today -her girls are the exact ages of our 3 girls. Fun!

Julia's nursing less at each session and easily distracted. WAH!!! Cue the music....."I want my baby back...." :p:p:p:p

I just did STS Yoga Abs in Stephanie's honor!:p That croc/dog sequence is BRUTAL! Iwas actually starting to sweat! Love it!

ugh.. I'm whining again. ha. I had a bad headache yesterday. my neck was hurting too I think maybe slept on it wrong? then today one bb was sooo full it was hard..so I fed him on that side right away. now its all sore and my body is aching all over... but I don't feel anything in the bb like a hard spot. think the body aches will just go away. it isn't nearly as bad as last time. man I must be sensitive??

Hi mamas!

WHAT A BUSY DAY!! Took Oliver to camp, went to Target (which, I might add, has a great selection of Earth's Best baby food cheaper than our grocery stores), went to the book store and then to Kroger (which has oiko greek yogurt on sale buy one get one free, btw). Now I need to do LAUNDRY!!! :confused::confused: Tomorrow I'm going shopping with my mom and sis and dh is off of work so he's keeping the big boys. So it'll just be Charlie and me. :D Strausburg Children's store is having a 30 percent off sale. And that's the only time I shop there. Hoping to find the boys something to put up for next Easter and this coming Christmas...Anyway...

Kate--Have fun with your friend!! Kate, can you do those extended-leg levitations on yoga abs?? I'm not a fan of the crocodile move. I look like a hippo trying to look like a crocodile! :p

Jess--Hope you feel better soon! Do you have a fever? When I get a fever, I get a headache and a bad neck ache... Could it be mastitis?

Lisa--Sorry for the family overdose. Hope it calms down soon for you! Way to go on the workouts!!

Hi to everyone else!! We're really rockin the workouts!! Tonight is supposed to be my CLX rest night, but I may do yoga or a tm run. Who knows!! Have a great day!! :)

Steph -I sure hope its not mastitis. I JUST got over that like a month ago!! :( well thats why I'm wondering if it'll go away. My BB isn't hot or red or swollen or hard in anyway. just a bit sore and my body is a bit sore..? Just a bit nothing horrid like before.

I'll have to check out target when liam starts eating. I was just thinking how much easier it'll be when hes sitting up and eating food so we can go eat out sometimes. I pretty much haven't since he's been born.

Hello everyone else. sorry I'm behind in chatting. I have to go make some lunch.

Kate - Yes, we resolved it. We get into like that sometimes. I guess that's what happens when you work for someone for ten years. WTG on the yoga!

Steph - Target has the best prices on the Earth's Best babyfood. TRUS had a sale here on Earth's Best diapers for 2 for $15. I couldn't believe how cheap it was! Normally one pack is $11.99 or $12.99.

Jess - Oh no! Not mastitis again! It sounds like a mild case. Hope it gets better.

Alright...back to work. Got my GS shoulders and back in yesterday. Running planned for today then some abs. Probably pilates.

Lisa

Can I join you ladies?

Hi Ladies! I'm hoping to join your check-in. I'm a mommy to two girls, Anna who is 20 months and Ellie who is 4.5 weeks.

I am really frustrated that I am still up 15 pounds (I was back in my skinny jeans by 2 weeks pp with Anna) and am getting serious about my workouts now. I'm trying to build back my endurance and strength in order to start STS the middle of July. I didn't work out as intensely as I did when I was pregnant with Anna and had to really scale back the last two months as my hips really hurt. I think this has really impacted my pp weight loss. Right now I'm focusing on cardio, core and flexibility while doing one 1 RM per body part each day.I am slowly increasing my intensity and length of workouts, being careful not to do too much too soon. I started tracking my calories on Sparkpeople this week. I hope I am eating the right amount for weight loss but have to be careful not to eat too little as I'm breastfeeding.

So that's a little about me and my fitness goals right now. I've read through this thread and hope to get to know all of you.

Stephanie- I think you commented on not talking about being fat in front of your children. I have the same feelings! I was doing coremax the other day and started to talk about my "fat tummy" but stopped myself and told Anna "Mommy is doing her exercises to get strong again." I totally agree that building healthy self esteem and body image starts now. She is learning from me.

Jess- my midwife recommends taking a garlic supplement to prevent mastitis. It's a natural antibiotic, I think. I had recurring plugged ducts with Anna so I'm also taking lecithin to help prevent those this time. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you are having recurring problems. you may want to research those options. :)

jess, i live in fear of clogged ducts/mastitis! :eek::eek: underwire bras do it to me evry time . sigh....guess ill have saggy nursing bra boobs for a while longer!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p

stephanie, yeah, busy day for sure! enjoy your day tmrw!!!

lisa, im supposed to run tonight but it is 90 and humid.....ugh!

hello gfmom! i only have a min..... lrfthanded typing in the dark nursing!:p
you WILL get your body back! set small daily manageable goals!
will type more later...

YESSSSS!!! I am so pumped up right now!

Did a 40 min run w/ my sister and then I came home to do STS biceps. Feels so good!

Stephanie, Are you pullin' a late-nighter with me?!?!!?

-
gfmom.... I have 2 hands to type now!:D I'm a 29yo SAHM to 3 girls:D - Gina7, Isabel5, Julia8months. J was our whoopsie and I am totally in love with her!:D Can;t imagine life without her! I'm sure your 2 keep you plenty busy!! WOW!!! Isn't it fun having girls?!?!?! :D:D STS is my drug of choice and I've recently taken up running. Seeing nice changes in my body and I am determined to keep it up!

Kate--it's a late nighter, but no workout. :( Officially a rest day, but I wish I could have worked out!!! Way to go on your run and biceps!! You go girl! :)

Hi girls!!

Sorry I have missed the last couple of days:) I just got home from my sister's house. She lives about an hour away. All the cousins got to play and we went to the farmer's market!

I will catch up with everyone tomorrow!! Ryder just woke up!

Candra

Hi gfmom!

Kate - Way to go! Awesome!!

Okay I sabotaged and ate two cookies and no run. I am heading upstairs right now to do B&G though. Be back.

Lisa

Stephanie, Hope you enjoyed the rest day! I don't take them if I want to wo!:eek: Bad I know.

Candra, Sounds like a good time!! I've been wanting to go sberry picking but its been so hot....blech!

Lisa, B&G def can take care of 2 cookies!

-
No big plans today.....
running tongiht w/ Laura..then BM2 abs. She's gonna be cryin'!!! :p Tomorrow is our next 5k! WISH ME LUCK!!!!

Hi mommas!

Hi gfmom! I forgot to say hi yesterday! Welcome!

Kate--I would have worked out yesterday but it was just too busy. :confused: Have fun on your run today!! And your 5K tomorrow!! You've turned into a runner!!! :) WTG girl!

Lisa--I'm sure B&G took care of those cookies! I love that workout! :)

Candra--Your visit with your sister sounds like so much fun! I love the Farmer's Market! I think we'll go tomorrow!

Hi all you other mommies!!!
---
Well, yesterday was super busy. DH got us chinese for dinner. Not a big deal, because I eat a dish off the "healthy" menu with the sauce on the side, but he also came home with a big bottle of Shiraz. :eek: Only one small glass for me, but between the white rice and shiraz, I'm probably packing an extra couple of pounds of waterweight today. Didn't dare get on the scales. Did my CLX already this a.m. ::cool: Shopping with mom and sis and nieces and Charlie today. DH is going to have Henry. But my shopping trip will be cut short because Oliver reminded DH and me this a.m. that there is a camp openhouse this afternoon to show off their projects from the week. I TOTALLY had forgotten about this. (Bad mommy!) :eek: Anyway, hope you all have a wonderful FRIDAY!!! :)

hi greenfitmom! nice to "meet" you. i am a currently unemployed mama to 2 boys, 15yo and 9mos. YES you read that right! struggling still with 30 lbs of pp weight, i gained a crazy 60 lbs this pregnancy =(

steph, rest days are not so bad once in a while...try to enjoy it considering how awesomely on track you have been with your clx workouts!

kate, good luck on the race!!! these nursing bras def make me feel so saggy and unattractive. ive been wearing an underwire out of the house lately and been ok...

lisa, 2 cookie wont break ya! did you conquer butts and guts?

hi candra! i heart farmers markets! dh thinks im nuts! i really do love fresh food and get all excited about what i can make. the closest one to me doesnt open til mid july... wth??? right now i have to take a bus to get to one and i much prefer walking.

jj is on the mend but this has been a rough one. now he has a rash -- they said roseola? sp? ive wo only 2x since this round of illness. did c&w 1x and the sjp step & wts circuit premix 1x. yesterday i did get a good walk in, though, since iwasnt worried about the baby yacking on himself in the stroller! about 2 miles each way to a particular shopping area so i could do groceries pplus a specila treat for dh's bday yesterday. walked home with the baby in the ergo and pushing the stroller with stuff. who needs a weighted vest =)

wendy

stephanie, what about making brown rice while youre waiting for the chinese?

forgot to say hi to jess and sydney and trish! hi!!

JJ just went down for a nap but naps got all off track with being sick again... we shall see how long i have! love to fit in a workout, a shower, and something to eat!

wendy

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.