Baby Eric Update

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-22-00 AT 09:49PM (Est)[/font][p]http://64.225.138.194/Eric7forum.jpg
For More Pictures click this link
http://64.225.138.194/eric1.htm
Hi Everyone! Since many of you have been asking about my little guy I thought I would post an update along with a couple of pictures.

We have been blessed with one incredibly happy, healthy, and easy going baby. Eric is now 8 1/2 months old and 22 pounds. He is strong and solid.If there is one thing about him that truly stands out I would have to say that it is his "hearty laugh". This is so adorable. While he only reserves this laugh for the funniest occasions(funny on his terms), he usually catches us off guard and bursts out laughing over something very simple.Its not WHAT he laughs at that amazes us its HOW he laughs. It sounds like a classic laugh that you would hear on a laughing machine. Anyone who is around when he does this laugh is also in hysterics. You can't listen to this laugh and not laugh yourself. Its great!

Anyway, we are still awaiting some teeth since the teething symptoms are in high gear but still no "white caps". Some days his symptoms are mild with just some drool and a lot of fingers and objects in his mouth. Other times his symptoms are more severe with diaper rash, skin rash, mild temperature mild diarrhea, and cranky behavior.

Eric has not mastered the technique of crawling yet. His motion is more like that of an inch worm. But he has that technique down and glides across the floor rather quickly. He pulls himself up to objects at times but is still not good at sitting back down once he is up(either that or he just loves to stand forever).

Some other things he enjoys are rolling over and over from one end of the bed to the other, swimming breast stroke in the bath water, and flipping to his belly when I try to change his diaper. He is also very ticklish on his feet, belly, and side of his neck. He hasn't said any words yet but stares at our mouth very seriously and starts to shape his lips in an attempt when we look him straight in the eye and say a word slowly. But he does grunt out some noises (bah, bah, bah,bah), hum a lot, and let out some high pitched screams here and there.

A few months back he started sleeping through the entire night and still remains a pretty good sleeper. He's usually asleep by 8,9,or 10pm and up at 8am (unless its mommy's work day).He loves his walks with the dogs too. I have gotten a tremendous amount of use out of the jog stroller that you all gave me at the VF roadtrip's surprise shower. We walk and/or jog with the dogs quite a bit. One dog on each side of the stroller. Neighbors will chuckle as I go by and say things like" I see you have your security staff with you today".

Eric is still eating stage 2 baby food because he has not gotten his teeth yet. Now and then I will let him have some solids but chop them up very finely. Currently he loves applesauce. Next up is yogurt. He is not too fussy but occasionally looks away or makes a gag noise when I give him a food (creamed spinach) he doesn't like. But for the most part he graciously accepts all foods.

Well, I could go on and on (like any mother) about my little "pie in the sky", but I better stop here before it gets too late. If there is anything that you wanted to share or ask feel free to. Enjoy the pictures! Cathe

WHAT A CUTIE!!!

He's grown so much! He's just adorable, what a beautiful smile. Isn't it amazing how much babies learn in just one year? It boggles my mind
wink.gif

Take care and keep healthy
happy.gif

julie

He's precious!

Loved reading that update on your little cutie. It made me think of my boys at that age. Such fun! Pretty soon he'll be into everything and it won't stop until he's three. Thanks so much for the smiles, he couldn't be any sweeter!

Jackie

Thanks for including us!

Cathe, you're incredible. You've mentored so many of us so we feel like a family, but it's still amazing that you also share your not-so-private life with us.
Debra

He is adorable!

What a beautiful baby boy!! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us, Cathe!! I sure miss those "baby days" - enjoy them, they go so fast!!
Thanks for the update!
Erica

That picture . . .

With Eric and Daddy is just the cutest, with both of them smiling!! I could picture you jogging with Eric in the stroller and the dogs flanking you. How cute!! Eric sounds like a little charmer!! Enjoy him and your wonderful family!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

oh my!!

Cathe, he truly is an ADORABLE baby!! Isn't he a total sweetie! How fortunate that you were blessed with an easygoing baby. He looks like a very observant little lad, in every picture except the backpack one he is kind of sober-faced but very alert like he is taking note of EVERYTHING that is going on around him! I bet not much gets past those baby blues! Just wait till Christmas. . . What a time you will have!!

oh my word!!!

Cathe, he is adorable beyond words!!!!!! I just want to pinch his little cheeks
happy.gif

Just precious

Cathe - he is a doll. Can't figure out yet if he looks more like mom or dad. Any opinions on that?? Maybe we need to see some Cathe baby pictures, ha!

So glad you are enjoying the stroller - and a security team to boot!

Thanks again for the update - just TOO cute!!

Suzanne M.

Oh Cathe......

What an adorable little guy!. I can't quiet figure out who he looks like though. He seems to have the shape of your face but, looks very much like his Daddy. Although, I suspect his smile is going to look very much like yours. He looks so happy and healthy and Beautiful!! Maybe one day you can catch that wonderful laugh on tape and transfer it to a .wav file so we can all enjoy it. I just love baby laughs. Especially the belly one. Oh, I can also identify with the flipping to the belly as you're trying to change the diaper. My 21 month old daughter, Jillian, does the exact same thing. Especially when it's a messy one.

I think it's just amazing how much you share with us. I feel so fortunate to be included. I think little Eric has probably got the largest amount of Aunts (as distant as we may be ) anybody has ever had.

Thanks so much! I can't wait for the next update. His first Christmas opening presents would be an excellent picture....hint hint
wink.gif

Alli
happy.gif

I thinks he looks like......

...his mom! I used to be a portrait artist, so I like to think I have a knack for figuring out who looks like who! He IS a cutey!

THANKS FOR SHARING, CATHE!!!!!!!!!!
happy.gif

Thanks for sharing!

Cathe, he is absolutely precious! I think I see a little of Mom and Dad in him
happy.gif
!

You are truly blessed
happy.gif

nancy:O)

You're little "Pie in the Sky"....

is a total CUTIE PIE!! I would expect nothing less since both his parents are so sweet!
happy.gif

He looks like such a happy little guy!! Thanks for sharing the update! My little boy, Zachary (the one who hides in cabinets at Home Depot) looked at the pictures with me. He wanted me to tell "Caffe, her baby is really cute"!

Tammy Churchman

Gotta love those baby laughs!

Cathe, your little one is so cute! Loved your story about his belly laughs, that is great. He certainly looks like he's a happy, healthy little one. 22 pounds at 8 1/2 months? He's a good eater huh??
happy.gif
Probably going to be a big guy like daddy, you think?

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see him next month. Tell him he'll be getting lots of kisses from all his "aunts".
wink.gif

Bev K.

Gonna break a lot of hearts :)

What a charmer! I had the honor of spending about 45 minutes with little Eric in the front office while Cathe taught a class in June, and you can't believe how CHARMING this child is! He's a real flirt and loves the ladies...a sign of things to come, I'm sure!
happy.gif

He's a button!

Cathe,

Thanks for sharing this update on your little guy. The pictures made me smile...he truly is precious!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Lisa

Thank you so much Cathe!

Eric is so cute and what a photogenic little guy! He does pretty good on those planks, doesn't he? Better than me!

Take care,
Joyce

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.