Avon - Skin Care

Missthang

Hi everyone ;o)

Can you guys share with me your skin care regimen. I'm not using any skin care regimen at this time. Only products for my acne; I use to have dry skin, after I turned 35 or so my skin became very OILY. And, I suffer from break outs (blackheads/whiteheads).

Now, I'm thinking about buying Avon *Anew* products. But, not sure which ones. I'm herein a lot of talk about Avon products. Has anyone had good results from the Anew product, thanks.

Oh....I'm in need of a good eye cream for my dark areas and a good moisturizer cream, basically a complete system for oily skin.

Trese

Hi,

I know how frustrating it can be to have skin problems. I have tried basically everything under the sun. The best advice I can give you is to go to your library and check out "Don't Go To The Cosmetics Counter Without Me" by Paula Begoun. There is 5th edition that was pubished last year and she literally goes through just about every single skin care line and gives the pros and cons about every product. It is really shocking to see how much we are ripped off with all of these beauty products. There is so much out there that is expensive and just doesn't work because of wrong ph levels or ingredients that can irritate your skin or a million other reasons. Check it out and it should help you make an educated decision. The important thing to remember is that what's good for one person isn't necessarily good for someone else. I always ask people with nice skin "What do you use?" And you know what, sometimes they don't even use anything, it's just genetics. Good luck.

I like products with natural ingredients, and for me, avoiding animal testing is important because I think it's wrong to cause pain to animals for cosmetic testing. Anyway, I like Aveda, Dr. Hauschka, and Burts Bees, but I make a lot of my own stuff. It's easy to use cornmeal as a scrub, vinegar to balance pH, baking soda to whiten teeth, olive oil to remove makeup. I use simple natural stuff.

Hi Trese!I use serious skin care. They have a 3pc acne kit for 39.90 for 2 months supply! It's as good as proactiv but it don't leave your skin dry cause it comes with a great skin clearing moisturizer! It's called the continous clear kit! They have alot of kits available for your needs-take the profile test! If you have oily skin(which I tend to get shiny in the summer by afternoon-I switch to the A copper-you can buy a kit http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?pfid=945436 to try the products or buy an item alone click on serious skin care and go through their products! I've been using their products since 96, beware ~they have great products- I advise that you stick to your skin needs first and then go on autoshipment-http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?pfid=915182&club_id=915182&sz=2&sf=BS&dept=BS048&cat= this is for the acne kit for a trial price of 19.90 I swear by their products and they have given me results! Their are soo many skin care routines out there. I personally found this one to fit in my budget! Good luck and if you need any more info-please email me !I'd be happy to give you the run down of certain products and I'll also let you know when they are on tv so you can tune in and see their demonstrations! Take care
Your friend in fitness~~ Francine

Hi Trese! I only use Lancome products. My skin isn't oily just the opposite DRY!! and am 48 yrs. old so a good moisturizer is essential for me during the day. At night I use a Retinol-A eye cream as well as a Retinol-A cream for the lines alongside of my lips and then an Intensive Night cream over my whole face. I can't say anything about Avon. Lancome is far superior to Avon. If you have the bucks check out a Lancome representative. You won't be sorry. I wasn't and I have people comment on my beautiful skin all the time. Best, Kathy

I have combination skin. I also have problems with whiteheads and blackheads. I have used many skin care lines (Estee Lauder, Clinque, proactive, Mary Kay and other brands like Oil of Olay etc.) I am now using Principal Secret. The cleanser cleans without stripping. Many of the other cleansers would cause my dry skin to get dryer or my oily areas oilier. Principal has been the only cleanser that seems to do a good job. They also have an anti aging cream(lotion) for the eye area that is good. I ordered it from QVC. I have used Avon but the lotions and creams are too heavy for my sensitve skin. They tend to make me break out more and cause other problems. I have not used their Anew line. Like someone else said everyone's skin is different and you just have to try it and see.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.