August Rotation

OOH! What is the pencil test? Or don't I want to know? ;)

Cathe -
I am doing this rotation (my very first rotation ever)- is it ok to add on some cardio on days when you feel like you just need a little more? Or is it best to stick w/what is laid out in the rotation?

I am another who is dreading those 200 walking lunges..but like I said before, I didn't think I could run for 20 minutes & I managed 1.9 miles. Thank you!!!

Lynne

Great rotation, thanks Cathe.

I get really confused about the visual benefits of endurance work. Doing 200 or 400 walking lunges is clearly going to increase endurance, and I understand that this helps the muscles go for longer. But, what effect does it have visually doing this kind of low-weight, high-rep exercise? Sorry, I think I've asked a similar question before, but I still don't really get it!

Well, my eyes nearly popped out when I saw the 200...then people started talking 400 & I was crying for my Momma! LOL

I hate lunges & I'm not too fond of running, but I'm going to do this rotation because Cathe says!

Seriously, the most important thing I've learned from Cathe is that I can do MANY things which I would never have believed before I "met" her. So I never say never if Cathe says.

Thanks Cathe! (No, that was NOT sarcastic! Really!!);)

RE: Pencil Test

I believe it's when you can stick a pencil where your glutes and hamstrings meet. If it stays that means that there is fat holding the pencil in place. If not, you're doing well. LOL

Tamikka

I cant stop laughing!! I didnt get what one was either. Too funny! I'm happy to report, I dont hold a pencil.:)

I still wonder if Cathe means by 200 walking lunges, if it is 200 total strides or 200 per leg. Hmmmm.....
Susan C.M.:D

Hi Susan~I am fairly certain Cathe means 200 total. Sometimes she recommends 400! Can you imagine doing 800 total? YIKES! Okay, I'm off to do the pencil test! Wish me luck!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I passed!!! I was actually laughing at myself TRYING to get it to "stick"!!! Okay guys, fess up...how many of you tried the test? I felt pretty dorky reaching back there and trying! Tee-Heee! Was sooo thrilled it kept falling on the floor! Ha!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I admit I had to try it! I passed!!! My 21 month old happened to observe the test and of course had to try it too! That was pretty funny! He passed too! (It's lucky he didn't poke himself!)

:) Janey

Hello Cathe (and everyone else),

This looks like a great rotation. I'm rotationally challenged, but I really want to try this one....and yes, I realize it is already August 15th. Oh, Well.

I don't have Basic Step/Body Fusion and I would like to know if there are any good subs. Thanks very much!!!

-Cynthia

I would substitute the cardio portions of Cardio and Weights for the 30 minute Basic Step Workout, or maybe the combos 1-3 of SB (skipping the challenge) or maybe the warmup and step portion of SJP or maybe the warmup and first section of Body Max or maybe CTX Allstep (cardio only).

I'm trying to think of 30 min (or so) non interval step workouts that would be good substitutions.

Other suggestions?

MSJ, Thanks so much for the sub suggestions! I'm doing the August rotation, starting tomorrow! Late, I know, but I want to do this rotation. Thanks again!!!

-Cynthia

Hi

I can no longer run after many, many happy years of doing so. I currently use the F....M for my weight training but have now discovered you! Your step tapes are the only tapes that make me feel like I have run six miles. Here is my question. Assuming I am heart and body healthy (I am at age 45) can I use your step tapes as many as three times a week?

Thank you.

pb

I read raving reviews of this rotation on these forums. It was probably the precursor of the Rock Bottom June 2006 rotation. I did all four of the Rock Bottom rotations and am excited to try this now. I am confused however about Week 4 having two upper body workouts in a row:
Mon….Body Max
Tues….Pyramid Upper Body plus 30 minute basic step
Perhaps we are supposed to skip the Upper Body chapter of Body Max?

Thank you.

Thanks for resurrecting this rotation!

As I look at the previous weeks, it appears the same day is a lower body focused plus cardio day.

So I definitely think if I were doing this rotation, I would omit any upper body.

Thanks for resurrecting this rotation!

As I look at the previous weeks, it appears the same day is a lower body focused plus cardio day.

So I definitely think if I were doing this rotation, I would omit any upper body.
Thank you Linda. That's what I thought too. I will do what you suggest.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.