Aug. RT Travelers check in here!

Headed South Tues am ;-)

Hi Catherine,

I'm headed for home (1223 miles) Tues am:p Just heard from Lorrayne 10:30 ET - they are getting ready to take off - Yeah, finally!

I sure had a great time and am working on getting pics ready to load woo-hoo:cool:

* Cyndi *

Attachments

• Phyl-Wendy-Catherine-web.jpg
    Phyl-Wendy-Catherine-web.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 18
I hope Wilson made it home a-okay. It might be kinda hard to see over the steering wheel... ;)

LMAO, I think I just peed a little Beavs!!!

I got in around 4:30. Hit some traffic going through NY, but nothing compared to my Friday morning commute.

Love the avatar BTW, Liann!!!

Last edited:
11 pm and I just got home...my flight got canceled twice, it took a long time (11 hours of waiting), but I am finally home with wonderful memories of that fabulous weekend.

I made it home at 10:15 pm. The dirve was long, but not as bad as the way to NJ.

Jennifit, you should have ridden home with us! I would have had you back to Cleveland a bit sooner. ;)

It was a great time! Loved it!!!

Hi Catherine,

I'm headed for home (1223 miles) Tues am:p Just heard from Lorrayne 10:30 ET - they are getting ready to take off - Yeah, finally!

I sure had a great time and am working on getting pics ready to load woo-hoo:cool:

* Cyndi *

Have safe travels and be sure to let us know when you get home ;)

I'm so sorry to hear about everyone's travel delays...ugh. I was delayed about 90 min, sitting on the plane out near the runway. I think I got home around 7:30. My sweet hubby had a yummy dinner waiting for me when I got home.

Allison - I was the lucky winner of the weighted vest. I was shocked when I won it, because I never win anything!

I had an awesome time this weekend. It was great to meet everyone.

I had planned to go for a short run this morning, but when I got out of bed my legs HURT...Cathe worked our legs hard this weekend for sure! So I nixed my run...these tired legs need a rest.

Hi All! (Sorry so long!)

Well, I finally made it home! Not a good experience after such a FUN, FUN weekend! LONG explanation follows: This is a combo airport and baggage experience...I was set to fly out at 4:20 PM and finally departed at 10 something! That was fine as weather conditions were uncontrollable. During the whole process, my flight was canceled. I was thankfully able to get booked on a new flight thanks to Lorrayne's airport expertise! Then, my gate was changed several times. The last change involved me moving 3 concourses away. I had a half hour to get to a gate before the plane was SUPPOSED to board. I was hustling to get there and got to the shuttle area to take shuttle over and they said it was closed down & would not give a reason or when it MIGHT be re-opened to take me over to my final concourse. (They were very RUDE when I questioned..) This is hard/disappointing enough when you are trying to get to your destination in TIME w/o the personnel being cocky & rude. So, since I had no idea when the shuttle would be running again, I had to start hustling on foot to get to my final gate. I was high-tailing it with a teenage boy I found along the way who was lost and was going to my same gate. As we were going down one of the corridors, there was water all over the floor that had leaked thru the ceiling all down the corridor. (I imagine this was to due to weather conditions but there had to be an airline employee who noticed this also, not just me!) I was trying to be cautious as I hurried along with heavy bags and eventually I fell! It hurt when it happened but I HAD to keep going. Thankfully, the teenager helped me and also got my belongings that scattered in all directions. This morning I have tingles going down shoulder and back and also "pulled" muscles in both ankles and very sore arm. I think I will be fine with some rest, stretching and anti-inflammatory meds. Thank goodness I am strong & in good health fitness wise but had this been an elderly person, there could have been worse results. We finally got to our destination to find our plane had been delayed further so I sat & recouped & TRIED to relax. (I had been up since 4:00 AM and it was a very long & exhausting day.) Upon arriving home, I retrieved my checked suitcase to find it was soaked inside! Not just a little but to the point I could actually wring out the clothes. There was not one item that was dry at all. I had several paper items that were ruined & a special birthday card I had bought for my nephew. Thankfully, I had left a scrapbook kit and also my Who's Who Book behind due to I could not fit them in my suitcase and SNM are mailing them to me. They would have been ruined had they been packed. I know the heavy rains cannot be stopped but the suitcases could have been covered with tarps or left inside til needed rather then sit out on a tarmack in pouring rain. All-in-all, it was not a good experience yesterday and I was greeted several times thru the experience with not-so-nice attitude from airport employees. Sooo, to reply PROPERLY to this post, I made it home!!! I cannot end this post without saying that I had a WONDERFUL time once again with all you August RTers! The two RT's are def the highlight of my year! You all are so wonderful and I feel priviledged to be a coordinator and to be able to spend time with Cathe and her wonderful team! HUGS to you all! (Sorry for the long whiny vent!) Off to put my third load of WET clothes into the washer! Ha!

The girls I was hanging with all weekend (Diana and Angie) were both stuck over night due to cancelled flights. Ang got a flight out this morning but had a 3 hour drive to go to get back home. The kicker is that she was going straight to work from the airport! UGH! Di is still traveling. Her flights keep getting cancelled and diverted so she is STILL not home! :(

((((DEB)))) I am glad you made it home. OMG though, the spill that you took. I hope you are not paying for it days from now.

I noticed yesterday while on the plane (delayed) that when the lightining came the workers putting the bags on the plane would go back inside for saftey reasons. That's fine, but they left a lot of lugguage out in the rain :confused: At that point I was so very happy to not have checked any of my luggage.

Deb I am so sorry I hope you feel better really soon. At least you know that the RT's could not have turned out as well if all the coordinators and snm team werent there to make it run smoothly!! We all THANK YOU!! Hopefully, you can get some rest and be back and running (no pun intended ;)) really soon.

((((HUGS))))

{{{{{{{{{{Mama Deb}}}}}}}}}}

I'm glad you all had a great time on the RT and made it home safe and sound.

Dang Deb, you don't need a beer, just a six pack! I am glad to know you are home safe and at least found a decent soul to literally wade through hostile territory!

Aw, Deb, you poor thing!
consoling2.gif
I'm so sorry for all the drama you had to go through just to get home--and then your soaked suitcase on top of that?!?!?
2mo5pow.gif
Please rest up--it's been a long couple of months for you, Lorrayne, and Kathy hasn't it? Here's a big hug from me to the three of you for all you did!
grouphug.gif

I'm glad you're home safe and sound!
loveshower.gif

Would you believe that Cyndi was awake at 4:30 Eastern this morning when she received my text message indicating that LianneM and I just landed? Does she ever get any sleep when in Deptford???? Cyndi, I hope you get some well deserved rest today. My cats won't let me sleep (I was rudely awakened at 6:45 this morning) so I hope to get some rest this evening.

I made it home! My flight was delayed several times and then cancelled. Fortunately, another plane was rerouted to go to Nashville and I got on that one. I was supposed to land at 5pm, but got in at 10 instead. Then, I hit a traffic jam on the interstate (4 lanes merging to 1). But I made it (at midnight).

I am glad that all of you arrived home safely. I was lucky to get to know Diana (got2bfit) a bit because she was delayed as well. I hope she made it to Denver by now! It was so nice to chat with a fellow RTer!

Deb--(((HUGS))) I am so sorry about your fall and baggage. I hope you heal quickly!

Kara, I was wondering about you. I knew your flight was scheduled close to mine. I can not believe how lucky I was to get out of there. We sat on the plane for over an hour before we took off, but I will not complain about that. If we hadn't taken off when we did (after 5ish) I know we would have been delayed some more.

I think I would have been stuck there too, if I had not changed my flight to a direct flight to Minneapolis and then Pierre, instead of to Detroit, Minneapolis and then to Pierre. The boarding agents were beeotches. Holy Crap. I got home at midnight. We sat on the runway for an hour before we took off too. I was just glad to get home.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.