ATTENTION Catheites: Another idea for a new check-in......

RE: ATTENTION Catheites: Another idea for a new check-i...

Hi Charlotte,

That is great that you don't have to watch what you eat. How do you do it? I saw your pictures, you look great!

Krisztina

Okay - I'm responding very late to this thread, but have been VERY BAD about working out over the last 2 months, and want to COMMIT to working out for the last half of the month! Since getting serious about working out/eating better, I've lost 12 pounds, and was really feeling good about myself. This morning, I checked myself in the mirror, and noticed... where did my ab definition go???

My goals:
1. Get myself to bed early, and WAKE UP 6 days/week at 4:45 (not on weekends :p ) to work out. Starting tomorrow, follow April Hardcore "build strength" workout (adding additional core work when I feel like it).

That's it. I'm keeping it simple for now. Will add more goals next month.

Hey everyone!

It's the end of May (well, almost) so I thought I'd drag this back up and see how we all did.

Here's my results (I weighed and measured on the weekend!).

1. I've lost 3 lbs - 2 more to go!

2. I lost 3/4 inch off my waist, but nothing off my hips.

3. I didn't add any distance to my run routex(

4. I finally did both sets of regular push-ups in MM on my toes just last night!

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with my results.:)

Monthy Results Check-in: May Results

Hi Shelley! LOL! Well it looks like you achieved most of your goals. I can't take any measurements today or tomorrow. I'll do it on Wenesday to see if my eyes and clothes are lying to me and I'll post whatever results I got. Anyway, let's make a report about my goals.

1. Yes, it seems like I lost weight on my lower half. Everybody is making comments about it and a lot of pants that used to fit me very tightly are fitting looser now. I have to take measurements on Wenesday to see how I did for real.

2. My shoulders are looking better. Not a drastic improvement yet, but they're looking better and when I wear tight t-shirts I can see some shoulder definition.

3. I have improved a lot on the planks but I still have a long way to go.

I'll take my measurements on Wenesday and I'll post if I lost any inches or not I will also post my goals for June (this time I'll have the same goals plus some new ones).

RE: Monthy Results Check-in: May Results

Hi all,

Here's my results for May.

1. lost 2 pounds but gained about 1/2 pound back in the last few days.
2. did shrink my waist though from 68cm to 67cm.
3. I can do all push ups in GS chest on my toes
4. my long run is now 20K (12.5 miles)
5. have added a fourth run per week (2.8 miles).
6. only managed 3xwek abs instead of my goal of 6xweek
7. did go back to clean eating but got frustrated after I noticed I couldn't loose more weight. I started eating cookies and icecream (not much) and lost 2 pounds, then gained a little back.
8. I have done three YogaZone w/o this month, but not after my long run.

So I didn't meet all my goals, but most.
Dutchie :)

Here are my goals:
Build more muscle and get more cut.

In order to do this, I will be following Ms. Fits guidelines.

Basically, my training will incorporate:
1)Heavy weight work only, using the progressive overload method.
(no full body or endurance weight work, only 1-2 body parts/day)
2) Reduce cardio
( cardio will be a mix of HIIT and steady state and never do cardio at the same time as weights if I must do on the same day)
3)eat a clean small meal every 3 hours
4) get enough rest

My goals for June:

1. No sweets for the month and eat very clean (except for diet coke and cottage cheese)!
2. Lose 3% BF (to get to 18%).
3. Do more heavy weight training.
4. Eat every 2.5 hours (250 calories) 6 times per day.
5. Drink more WATER.
6. I get plenty of sleep 8-10 hours, so my goal is to fall asleep a little later than 8 pm.
7. Include more exercizing that isnt step, or weights; such horseback riding, and belly dancing and walking for variety sake.
8. Lose a few pounds, but mostly just BF while gaining muscle.

Hi Cathy. A couple of questions. Would you please explain the progressive overload method? What's the science behind it and what kind of results you get using it? Also, what is HIIT? I think I read you mentioned it once but I don't remember what it is. Thanks in advance.

>My primary goals for this month (my May rotation actually
>starts on the 15th but I think I'll end up sticking with this
>rotation thru June with a fews days of recovery in the middle)
>are:
>
>1. Continue to lose fat! I want to break out of the 200s this
>month. Only 4 pounds....seems like the first 80 came off
>fairly quickly but now, well, who knows?! lol I've got about
>55 more to burn off....
>
>2. Do 1 yoga and 1 pilates workout each week.
>
>3. Have fun with my first Cathe Friedrich workout rotation!

Gee, I haven't reached any of my goals for May. Of course, I didn't start until the middle of May, either, so that makes me feel a little better. I've been consistent with my Aug 04 rotation, but haven't seen a loss on the scale so far. Lots of factors go into my weight though, so I'm not tooo worried about it. I probably don't eat quite enough, so I'm doing a bit of fine tuning there in June.

I've ditched Pilates completely. It just isn't my thing. I have been doing Core work though, and you KNOW how Cathe's core workouts go.
}( I've only missed Yoga one week, so that's not bad.

I am definately having fun with my first Cathe rotation!! :p }( :p :7

There's my update...it's really fun and interesting to read about other's goals. This is one awesome group of women!! :)

Connie :D

Hi Rose,
Progressive overload is when you overload the muscles and increase your work with every workout, either through the amount lifted or the number of reps. Typically you do 3 sets of 4-6 reps. If you were able to complete all reps of one set with a certain weight, then you would increase the weight for the second set.If you can't do all six reps of the second set at that weight, you stop and go to the third set (with a break between sets) and do as many reps in the third set at the higher weight. Next time you work out, you would start the first set at the higher weight. You will have added more reps at that weight with respect to the previous workout. When you are able to complete all reps of the first set at the higher weight, you start the second set at an even higher weight. The goal is to increase the workload with every workout. In this way, you can continue to build muscle density until you reach your peak.
HIIT is High Intensity Interval training and is a training method in which you alternate intervals of lower intensity cardio with intervals of high intensity training. For example, alternating 1 min of jogging with 1 minute of sprinting (you should be in your aerobic range for the lower intensity and in your anaerobic range for the high intensity). You can start by alternating 30s intervals and work your way up to 2-3 minute intervals. Start slow and work up to 20-30 minutes total workout time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.