Athleta fitness clothing

tlc93

Cathlete
So I've been on the couch (literally) with the flu.....perusing ebay......trouble I know. But I started looking at Athleta workout wear. There's so much beautiful stuff at decent prices because I know how expensive Athleta can be. I drool over the catalog but cringe at the prices! Does anyone have an opinion on the product? Specifically the workout clothing? How is the sizing? Do they last or fall apart? The weird thing is...when I buy a top, I absolutely have to try it on. I'm about 34 C or 36 B and often end up with a "large" top. So any input on sizing is appreciated.

Peg

I am a BIG Athleta fan, and they recently announced a partnership with a new designer, so I'm interested to see what transpires when the new person is on board. Yes, their apparel is pricey, but it is so versatile, and I think the quality and style of their clothing is superior to many other brands. Lululemon is just as pricey, but I don't feel their quality is as good as Athleta's. There's also Lucy brand athletic apparel, which Cathe wears in RWH. All of these brands have comparable pricing. Get on Athleta's and Lucy's mailing lists, and LIKE their Facebook pages so you will be aware of their sales. Athleta doesn't run a whole lot of sales, but they do have them on occasion. I bought a number of items from Lucy after the holidays at 30 percent off the sale price, which turned out to be a really great deal for me. As for sizing, most of the time Athleta is true to size, but at times it can be inconsistent. Read the reviews before you decide to buy. The reviews are usually very helpful in that way. Have fun shopping. Welcome to your new addiction, lol. ;)

I'm totally in LOVE with Athleta. Definitely on the pricey side but it's worth it to me. I wear their clothes even when I'm not working out. I allow myself either 1 or 2 new pieces of workout clothing every pay period. It's really the only thing I spend on myself so I don't feel to guilty about. Their clothing is good quality too so it will last a long time

Thanks for the input. I DID buy some yoga bottoms. I'm excited to try this brand. I always feel so much better during a workout if I'm not busy adjusting, pulling up pants, straightening out tops etc.! Such a distraction!!

I love their clothes. I went to one of their stores and dropped $300 just like that! It was worth it though. I have had their clothes for years. They wear well. I haven't had to replace anything that I have bought from them.

i haven't had any problems with the sizes.

I love their clothing. I never have to guess sizes with Athleta. My problem with most clothing, I have very broad shoulders. I buy a large to fit through the shoulders, but then the waist is too big. In Athleta I can wear a medium and it fits very well. Their pants are always long enough. Love their clothing. It's easy to drop $300. Highly recommend

They have a WONDERFUL return policy also. You can actually try the clothes out and if you're not happy, they will gladly refund your full price purchase. What other retailer does that??!!!

I love Athleta! I only have a couple things that I've gotten during their end-of-year sales and one item that was a gift, but it's all very durable, fits great, and will clearly last for years. I have a the Agave Knicker Skort (slightly shorter than capri-length, thick tights with very light fluttery skirt), the Contender Skort (thick soft material for both tights and skirt, silicone strip prevents shorts from riding up, skirt is fairly snug), and a Strength Hoodie. The bottoms have generous back zip pockets and wide comfy waistbands. I want to live in them all the time.

I wear their clothes even when I'm not working out.

This is exactly what I meant when I said that their apparel is so versatile. You can go from the gym, to the grocery store, to a lunch date, or wherever your day takes you, in their clothing. This clothing suits an active lifestyle so nicely. I read an article recently that mentioned how the demand for athletic/active lifestyle apparel is really growing, which I can totally understand.

I have the Agave Knicker Skort (slightly shorter than capri-length, thick tights with very light fluttery skirt), the Contender Skort (thick soft material for both tights and skirt, silicone strip prevents shorts from riding up, skirt is fairly snug), and a Strength Hoodie. The bottoms have generous back zip pockets and wide comfy waistbands. I want to live in them all the time.

My favorite pieces are the 2-in-1's! I have a number of pairs of them in both the legging and capri styles. I noticed that Athleta currently has only one 2-in-1 capri in stock. I hope that they will continue to carry the 2-in-1's because they really are my most coveted Athleta pieces. With the skirt covering the tights, I don't feel so "exposed." ;) I also love my Bettona Boyfriend and Metro Slouch pants.

My favorite pieces are the 2-in-1's! I have a number of pairs of them in both the legging and capri styles. I noticed that Athleta currently has only one 2-in-1 capri in stock. I hope that they will continue to carry the 2-in-1's because they really are my most coveted Athleta pieces. With the skirt covering the tights, I don't feel so "exposed." ;) I also love my Bettona Boyfriend and Metro Slouch pants.

Yes! Tights are so comfortable, but I don't like how revealing they are. I'm hoping to get some Athleta 2-in-1 shorts this year to add variety to my wardrobe. Also, it's just plain fun to go the gym in a "girly" skort and then kick all the guy's butts.

Oh man.....talk about enablers!!!!! You Cathletes are the best at it!!;) There is a mall near me that recently opened an Athleta store. The first time I saw it I gasped and scared my daughter! Of course I went in and looked around, touching everything. I noticed the sales ladies were all wearing the product. My daughter said "How awesome to be able to wear such comfy clothes all day for work!" I'm in!!!! I'll sign up for the e-mails. UGH!!!!

I may be in the minority, but I think the quality has gone way down in the last couple of years. I've been disappointed in my last few purchases. I will be sticking with Lululemon if I'm spending the big bucks, and Nike gear for quality at a reasonable price.

I love Athleta. Stylish, versatile. I'm wearing the SkinnyUp Pants today, with boots, at work - for the umpteenth time this snowy winter. Super comfortable and very well made. Their Bettona Classic pants have an incredibly flattering fit, and are great not only for working out, but for casual wear, even casual work days. Totally worth the money (which is still probably less $ than similar styles at Lululemon).

So.....thanks to all of you.....I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of some Athleta pants. I really hope I love them because they are NOT cheap! Worth it if they get the job done......kind of like a Cathe preorder ;)

tlc93 - I really hope you love your new apparel, but if you don't, you can send your merchandise back for a full refund.....even if you've worn the items!! Save your receipt and packaging. Be careful opening up your package because there is a silver strip covering an adhesive band that you can use to re-seal the package if you do decide to make a return. My written description of that whole packaging thing may not make sense to you ATM, but after you receive your package, you'll know what I mean. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.