At about 5 months?

CurlyQtee

Cathlete
Hi hot mamas!
At about 5 months did any of you go down to 6 ft. instead of 8 ft. on your steps. I hate to think of going to 6 ft. But it almost seems like I'll need to soon. What about Lo Max, has anyone been able to do ALL of it up til birth???

Mommy to Hannah Lilly born 3/25/05

Hi,

Yes, I dropped to 6" with my step right around the 5 month mark. Don't worry about it. Your cardiovascular system is already working harder than it normally is, just at rest. And now that you've gained some baby weight, you are working harder because you have to lug all that extra weight on and off the step. If you are able to keep up your workouts until the end of your pregnancy, your cardio capacity will bounce back very quickly.

I was able to do LowMax in its entirety on the 6" step right up until the last 5 weeks of my pregnancy. Then I did the premixes that split the workout in half, and did those until the end of the pregnancy. I kept my range of motion smaller in some of the blasts, especially the 7th one.

Hope that helps,
Sandra

Totally!!! That 7 is a heart racer!! Will be awesome for post preg.

Thanks for the advice!;-)

"Hot mommas"! I love it!
I kept my risers at 8 inches until about 26 weeks. I am now at 6 inches for all step workouts (I'm 30 weeks pregnant now with my first). I definitely do not feel like I am working any less hard on 6 inches now, and I am not able to go for a full hour. I usually do 1/2 of the Low Max dvd--about 45 minutes.

What's cruncholi??;-)
That's awesome. I hope I'll hang in there the whole time, I tend to carry veeeeeeeeery low. So it'll be interesting!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.