Asthma and Insanity

tobermory

Cathlete
Ladies,

I have exercised-induced asthma (as well as every other kind, but that is not relevant to this discussion) and I am curious about those of you with this condition who have done Insanity. I can now do all of Cathe's step workouts and IMAX2, and I am starting to work through IMAX 3. If I can do those without long breaks, is this fit enough to try Insanity? Also, if you have exercise-induced asthma, does the reverse-interval concept exacerbate your breathing problems? Intervals and circuits do give me more problems than steady state, but is this the case for everyone?

Thanks for the info,
Tobermory

Thankfully my asthma is not exercises-induced. I take Singulair (have been on it for about 9 years now). Before I started taking Singulair, I was not able to run even a mile let alone complete an Imax workout. Now that my asthma is under control, I have been able to build up my lungs (if that's possible, it sure feels that way now). I can run up to 5 miles and complete the Imax workouts all the way through without falling out. Again, mine was never exercised-induced. Just very very severe.

Do you take anything other than inhalers? Hope some others can weigh in and give you some solid advice. I have not done insanity so I don't know how it compares to Cathe's Imax workouts. I'd think that if you can do those, you can do just about anything LOL!

Heather

I do take more than inhalers and all the new and amazing medications that have come on the market during the past 15 years or so are the only things that have made exercise possible for me. Further, I haven't been in an emergency room for my breathing in years -- except when I was pregnant and everyone freaked out and decided I needed to go there.

Tobermory

I've done Insanity and the Imax workouts but I don't have asthma so I can't really comment on how it would be for you. I personally am much, much more winded with Insanity. Maybe you could do a temp trade for a couple of the workouts and try them?

Sorry I can't be more help. Maybe no one with asthma has tried these yet????

Lauren

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.