Arm Defination?

Kathy191

I need to know what to do...My arms seem rather "thick" and no defination or tone. I also have some "under arm flab". I need help/adivce as to what I should be doing to tone my arms down and and more defination. Any advice will help. Thanks to all that reply.

Kathy

Ha ha ha. No help from me. But don't you just hate when the underarm flab makes that smacky sound during a workout. Plap, plap, plap.

Kathy: GS arms is really great imo for giving arms great definition. I saw results when doing 3 weeks GS rotation w/ 1 week SH. (I like to use them as a 1 body part a day)

If you dont have those try using whatever strength DVDs you have as a 1 body part per day rotaion. Of course if you have any excess fat arms are no different than rest of the body, lowering body fat has to happen or you wont be able to see all those awesome muscles in there!

Advantage to doing 1 body part per day for me is that I spend 20-25 minutes per part really fatiguing the muscle. I like using 3 or 4 different DVDs because you get a better variety of exercises to really hit all the parts of the muscle. Hope that helps a bit!

lmao @ robinellers...;)

I agree on the clean eating (remember it's 80% of the mix) and GS recommendation. Mix that w/ endurance lifting and circuits. I guarantee you will get results.

Debbie

Calvin: I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius.
Hobbes: What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin: Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

I made significant gains in my arms this past 6 weeks using the GS series. I agree with the clean eating too!
Checkout the 12 week meltdown thread in the success folder. Buff mom made some impressive muscle gains with GS and S&H.

Arm definItion can take a while to work on (and to maintain): the triceps (that "under arm flab" area) are one of the first places the body stores excess fat on the upper body.

It takes a combination of building some muscle (for shape) and reducing body fat (so that shape, a pretty sculpted shape rather than the formless blob that fat can be) can show.

Some suggestions for muscle building/toning:
Do one targeted shoulders and arms workout per week in addition to another upper body workout. Tony Horton's Shoulders and Arms (from the P90X series) is a fabulous workout, and I've heard that Cory Everson has a very effective upper body workout as well (it's available on video only, from Amazon.com).

Focus on exercises that give you more bang for the buck at first: tricep dips, lying triceps extensions, close-grip bench presses for example, rather than kickbacks, which you can add in later.

If you don't already do so, add kickboxing/boxing to your cardio workkouts. It's a great arm toner. Once you get the form down (perfectly!) you can add weighted gloves for even more toning benefits.

For body fat reduction: it's about 80% what goes in your mouth. Clean up your diet by avoiding processed foods and added oils, and stick with whole foods as much as possible, getting your fats from whole, natural sources like avocados and nuts and flax seed. Eiiminate "non-foods" (candy, doughnuts, sodas, etc.)

To aid in body fat reduction, add 1-2 interval cardio workout per week (like an IMAX, or Gin Miller's "Intense Moves" or her new "Simply Interval," which looks like a fantastic workout). Start with 1, if you aren't used to it, then add a second one (at least 2 days later) after a few weeks.

Me, too? I need help with this area. I have heard so much about the GS series, I am ordering it today. Already have SH. Thanks.

MissL

Hello Kathryn
Which of the Cory Everson upper body tapes do you mean?
The get hard arms and shoulders or the other 2 that are split into
chest,shoulders&triceps and back and biceps? Thanks Brigitte:)

I'm pretty sure it's the "Get Hard, Arms and Shoulders." This one would specifically hit the arm area.

Thanks Kathryn,
BTW have you done the Gin Miller Simply Interval.
Do you know how it ranks in toughness}(
I'm going crazy waiting for the new work outs.
I hope every one posts little details about them,
I have to wait a little longer for them as I live in Canada and
pre ordered from ck sales.Take care Brigitte:)

> Thanks Kathryn,
> BTW have you done the Gin Miller Simply Interval.

No, I think it just became available for sale (I have to wait until my November paycheck, but I'm going to get it: I really like Intense Moves, and this seems to be in the same vein. There is a 60-second preview at collage, and a preview at Gin's site as well, and it looks like there are intensity options).

Cory's Get Hard Arms and Shoulders is one of the best upper body that I've ever done. I bought it on amazon for a fortune but it's worth every penny. Do it 2/3 times a week and you'll have great arms.

I've had Cory's Get Hard Arms & Shoulders for years. I really liked it until I discovered Cathe. The reps in Cory's are pretty quick, and you move on fast. This tape does not do back or chest, it is all biceps, shoulders, and triceps. It isn't bad, but not as good as Cathe. If you order this, keep in mind that it is VERY dated looking. The outfits are hilarious! And the music and set are very cheesy. When the opening clips and music comes on my husband always joked that it seemed like a cheesy "adult" film.

I am having a lot of success with the Gym Style series. I do Chest & Tri one day, Back & Biceps another day, Legs (standing only) and Shoulders a 3rd day. The other three days I do cardio. I am so excited about the results I'm getting -- first time in my life I am seeing definition and muscles in my arms and legs. I also do CoreMax two to three times per week.

Good luck!
Monica

"When the opening clips and music comes on my husband always joked that it seemed like a cheesy "adult" film. "

LOL!!! Especially the part where she says "Let's get hard..!"

But seriously, I do have this video and although I haven't done it in quite some time, I definitely remember seeing some nice definition. As stated above, it's not an all upper-body workout, but if supplemented with other videos, I think you might get the results you're looking for. Good luck!

Yes, it is VERY cheesy! :7 :7 :7 Now when I do this tape I make sure that I have everything ready because it moves very fast, but that's the point in this particular work out, right?

I probably do less upper body work than anyone around these forums and am very pleased with the increase in my upper body definition in the last year because I've gone totally to body weight exercises. A mode of training that is not very popular with most women, but it works.

"You can't win them all - but you can try." - Babe Zaharias http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-004.gif[/img]

ARM:
1. the upper limb of the human body, esp. the part extending from the shoulder to the wrist.
2. the upper limb from the shoulder to the elbow.

I hope this helps...:)

You might try a mixture of high reps with lighter weights, and lower reps with heavy weights. Concentration curls, triceps dips, and overhead triceps extensions.

I've had Cory's GHAS for years. I've always liked it okay, but it really does move too fast. If you want to go heavy enough to see lots of definition (at least this is my experience), you need to move slower than this video does.

It is indeed very cheesy. Cory does a lot of moaning and groaning and talking about "what men like"! It's pretty funny!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.