Are you a road tripper?

horseshowmom

Cathlete
Trying to ask again with a better thread topic....sort of left a key word out of the last thread title! :confused::eek:

So are you one of the lucky ones? I'm not.:(

well I'm not one either, but I live on the other side of the country (NV) and I don't have all that money for a plane ticket right now. To be completely honest, I don't even know how people are chosen...maybe it's first come first serve?

I bet it's hard to be one of 150. but at least she does it every year! I'm trying for next year! I'd love to meet more of you steppers and of course, to say hi to cathe! I'm sorry you weren't able to go. keep your head up and try for next year hun!

Not this year. I went last year; I met some great people and had a blast! But, this year, I went to Prague, am doing my yearly trip to Ocracoke, and might meet up with some pals in NYC in the early fall, plus I'm going to a former work buddy's wedding this weekend, so, the RT was not to be.

Hope all you RTers have a great time! I might do a step and a bootcamp workout Saturday to remind me of last year!:p

I am! It's my first time. I never thought I'd do one but one day I mentioned to DH that Cathe has a yearly road trip that sells out really fast and he said I should go on one. The very next day SNM announced the sign up date for RT 2009! After I got in DH asked "Where does the road trip go?". He thought it was an actual trip where we all got on a bus and travelled the country :D It goes without saying that I'm extremely excited.

I'm a first-timer, too, and getting really anxious to get there and get started. Not long now! I wanted to go last year when Cathe had two trips, but I was getting ready to retire and did not want to use up vacation days I would get paid for. I had all my fingers and toes crossed that she would have at least one trip this year and that I would be fast enough on the keyboard to get signed up. Success!

Last years' RT, in most regards, was the highlight of my fitness life...challenging classes, met Cathe's crew...most of the other attendees I enjoyed meeting as well.

My only drawback was I felt at times I was part of a large STS infomercial, and some attendees I didn't care for in the slightest, but that's to be expected in any event.

A very uplifting weekend, but I don't find it necessary for a repeat trip.

I went last year and it was fabulous, but I'm sitting this one out. I felt like I should give someone else a spot who may not have gone before. Also, registration came at a time when money was pretty tight it my house and it was hard to think about extras.

I'll be spending my weekend at an amusement park with my son riding kiddie rides and playing in the water park.

Have fun, Road Trippers!

Gosh Jerry that surprises me.

Oh and just curious why you changed your user name?

The cost of the RT, including hotel was $500, fine for a one shot deal, not something I'd do every year, I've had the pleasure of working out live with Cathe several occasions, for just the cost of gas and the class itself.

I'm not really a group exerciser, I prefer the comfort of my own home.

Last edited:
The cost of the RT, including hotel was $500, fine for a one shot deal, not something I'd do every year, I've had the pleasure of working out live with Cathe several occasions, for just the cost of gas and the class itself.

I'm not really a group exerciser, I prefer the comfort of my own home.

I can certainly understand that- esp if I lived close enough to visit her gym on my own from time to time. ;)

Another RTer checking in, then it's back to packing. Hopefully this will be another great year. Each time I have gone, I have met the most wonderful people and have made some life long friends as a result.

Jean

My husband and I are attending; 2nd time for me, 1st time for him (he was jealous he didn't get to go last year...lol...:p;))

Cathy

RT #3 for me. Looking forward to seeing everyone! :D

And sad that so many friends won't be there this year, too.:(

My husband and I are attending; 2nd time for me, 1st time for him (he was jealous he didn't get to go last year...lol...:p;))

Cathy

Cathy! That's very cool! I was just wondering, earlier today, if there were any men attending this year! I can't wait to meet you both!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.