forum_admin

Administrator
Staff member
UpperBodyBalanceDiscBonus-3045.jpg

Are you a creature of habit? Do you reach for the same type of workouts over and over again because they’re your favorites? So many of us fall into the cycle of sticking with what we know we like and what we are great at. But, here’s the catch. Our bodies and our brains know that we are good at it! This means we don’t have to work so hard to learn, to adapt, and to grow.

It's so important to vary our fitness routines for the sake of our bodies and our brains. It’s essential that we stimulate different muscle groups in different ways if we want to reap the benefits that fitness has to offer, like breaking through weight loss plateaus, preventing overuse injuries, fighting workout boredom, and even just keeping our brains healthy! Working our brains and our bodies in new and different ways will assist in enhancing our fitness abilities, to keep us strong, fit, and able!

Pictured here are Cathe, Jenn A, and Brenda doing a balancing boat pose while seated on a balance disc. In this position, the core is getting a double challenge as it struggles not only to hold the body in the lifted leg position, but also fighting against the added wobble factor of the balance disc.

Don’t be discouraged if you have a tough time with the balance discs, especially at first. Our rehearsals didn’t come without their share of giggles and flop downs as we found our way. That’s the beauty of using a new piece of equipment or performing exercises that are new to you. We need to be challenged to see changes in our bodies and in our abilities. In the new Lift, Move & Restore series you will perform many fun, new exercises, utilizing different pieces of equipment to keep your routine fun, exciting, and challenging. Enjoy the challenges as you work your way through these new routines. They are sure to work you in ways that you didn’t expect!

Learn more or pre-order here: https://bit.ly/4bO6lHn

The more pictures I see from this series, the more I’m glad I preordered and got the balance discs and yoga blocks during the mega boss sale. I think this will be a great series to alternate with the more intense stuff like STS 2.0. And seeing that I want to fit in fitness even after going back to work, I want to work out but don’t want to get to work wiped out.

I am a creature of Habit! I call it consistency! But Cathe offers so many workouts I can go months without repeating a main workout. I may repeat a core workout, or a stretch/mobility, but seldom a main unless I'm doing a specific series rotation. I'm making an exception today as I'm a little sore still from Killer Legs Barre Bonus - so I'm gonna do a little "hair of the dog" thing and repeat it, hoping it'll ease the soreness some. ;)

Yep, I tend to repeat workouts too, but it’s because I really, really like them and if I like
them, I‘ll do them! And if I am doing them, I’m moving!!
I agree! I've been doing Cathe's bonus barre work lately (KickMax, Lower Body Blast, Xtrain, Lean Legs & Abs, Great Glutes & Killer Legs) after spinning. I think the Killer Legs Barre Bonus works more areas of the legs with the ball & band added - I am liking those toys! Looking forward to what Cathe has cooked up for us with this new series! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.