Are All Cathes step tapes like this???

I just received my first cathe step tape (step fit).
I love her slow and heavy videos. I watched it yesterday and tried to do it today, but i dont think i like it.:'(

I guess i prefer the boring kind of step tape with basic moves.
Are they all like this one?

Some good basic Cathe tapes are her earlier ones. In order of my preference:
Step Max
Mega Step Blast
The Wedding Video

Also, Interval Max has some choreography, but also lots of basic moves. Body Max is somewhere in between. And Cardio Kicks is pretty basic.

Andrea

I loved Cathe back when she was step, step, step. Then, I got distracted from working out for a few years and when I came back to it, I learned that she has quite the variety of workouts now! I'm having a blast trying all the new things.

If you don't have one of her catalogs, I highly recommend you order one. It gives a really good description of the type of workout on each tape. (You can access that information on this website too but I actually like sitting down and reading the catalog and getting psyched up to do a given workout.)

If it's choreography or intensity that is getting you down, please give it a chance. I think you will quickly learn to love the routines after a few times.

(I also agree with Andrea that you might want to try some of her earlier tapes which are a bit more basic.)

Good luck! ;-)

Shelley

I acutally LEARNED step aerobics with Cathe. Just start with the oldest ones and work up to the more complicated stuff. I couldn't even follow the BASIC step classes at my gym when I started. I think I began with the wedding video, then Step Heat, and worked my way up to the most recent ones. (can't wait for the new ones!) Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-08-02 AT 05:56PM (Est)[/font][p]Opps sorry, I'm a little impatient I think!

Donna

Tracy, if it makes you feel any better, I am a veteran Cathe-ite stepping fool. Step Fit gave me fits! I traded it away and never looked back. I have every single one of Cathe's step tapes (well, all of her tapes) but this felt very awkward to me. That's just me though. Others have no problem with this tape.

Donna

Hi - I was just curious, what exactly about StepFit don't you like? I ask this because if we know what you are not thrilled with, i.e. the intensity, choreography, etc. I think it would give a better gauge as to what videos to recommend.

Before I started doing Cathe's step videos, I swore I would never do anything more complicated than Reebok's Intense Moves (and some Firm's which aren't really step tapes I don't think). I became pretty frustrated when I first started (especially Rhythmic Step), but I kept with it, and now I actually cannot get enough of her step tapes. As a matter of fact, these are the only cardio I'll do because I love them so much. Others here have given you good suggestions in regard to her other vids.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I did feel the same way as you did, and ended up changing my preferences. Good luck and keep us posted!

I FELT THE SAME WAY WHEN I ORDERED MY FIRST CATHE TAPE IN APRIL 2002. iT WAS BODYMAX AND THE FIRST TIME I DID IT i DID NOT LIKE IT. I KEPT WIH IT.STILL NOT TO CRAZY ABOUT THE STEP PART BUT LOVE THE STRENGTH PART.NOW I'M BUYING ALL OF HER WEIGHT WORKOUTS AND STAYING CLEAR OF THE STEPPING ONES. MAYBE I'LL GIVE THEM A TRY AGAIN.I LOVE GINS INTENSE MOVES IS THIS WHAT IMAX IS LIKE?

Its the choreography. I love Cathe. Her tapes look fun. But when I get up at 5:30 am and try to do all that thinking my feet just wont go!!!
I like gin miller intense moves. I can do the basic stuff. I know this is so lazy, but I dont want to give my brain a workout too.

I love her strength tapes.
tracy

I Max has more intervals than Intense Moves and it's great! The choreography is basic and anything in this video that is remotely dancey or tricky can be found in Cathe's previous step tapes or in the warm up - no new choreography. You just feel so great when you're done. Some other basic (choreography wise)Cathe tapes are Body Max's step segment and MIC. I love/hate MIC. I did the whole thing today. Yikes. If you want an intense and fun workout (how Cathe manages to continually combine these two aspects I'll never know), then give I Max a try! Have fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.