April 16 lower body/freestyle checkin

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi All,

Thought I'd get this started today. Boy Rhonda is a wealth of information for all of us. Next week I will go all out on freestyle training. Yesterday I did Leaner Legs in the morning and CTX upper in the evening. This morning I did Rhythmic Step, I've had it for a long time but was intimidated the first time I tried it-over a year ago. I decided to preview it last weekend and that really helped alot. I'm going to have to think about a freestyle rotation, I'll post it here when I do.

Do you think the leg work in the terminator series would count as a leg workout, or just circuit training? I'm thinking about doing the Gauntlet tomorrow, it's sooo fun.

Happy workouts and clean eating to all.

Diana:p

Thanks, Diana

I guess I posted in the wrong place, so I moved my stuff over here...

Today was KP&J (40 minutes) and 20 minutes of L&G standing leg work.
On the step ups I used no weight and on the other exercises I tried to keep to half the poundage Cathe was using. I may go up when my legs are used to working out this often, but for now, I don't want to burn them out.

Good news! I'm wearing a pair of jeans today that are looser in the legs than they were last time and I dropped that nasty 2.5 pounds. Must have been mostly water but I'm sure what I was eating contributed.

I'm feeling pretty good.

You guys have a fabulous weekend!

Candi

Hi Ladies,

This morning I did PLB (pyramids only, no ball work), a Firm Abs segment, and then did a fast 2 mile walk at lunchtime. I never have a 2 hour block of time to workout, so splitting it into 2 different workouts is the only way I can get both cardio and legs in on the same day. Do you think that still counts as Freestyle training?

Tomorrow I'm doing Boot Camp so that I can get all the elements in (cardio, upper, lower, abs).

Rhonda has been very helpful. I am planning on ordering a freestyle book as soon as I find out which one to get.

Have great weekends!

- Shopgirl :)

p.s. congrats Candi! Hopefully soon, we'll all be following in your shoes.

Shopgirl, I only have the Freestyle Training book, and when I called the toll free number I was only charged 19.95 + s/h ... so it wasn't a bad deal....... Rhonda :7

Thanks Rhonda. I just ordered it. I called the 1-800 number, but she was at a dog show, so I ordered it online. I'm really looking forward to reading it. If I'm going to do this program, I want to do it thoroughly from top to bottom (no pun intended:D ).

A quick question for you, how long is your average workout? I don't have more than 1 hour free at a time so I work out at 5:30 a.m. and then again at lunch for cardio. Does this fit with the Freestyle principles?

Thanks again.
- Shopgirl :)

Shopgirl, I would say you do what you can with the time you have. Try it and see how it works for you, if you need to change it up a bit after that, do it. Please let me know how it works for ya..... Rhonda:7

Hello Ladies,

Thank you so much Rhonda, I’m going to give this my all.

Congrats Candi :eek: doesn’t that make you feel great. I’m going to step back on the scale Sunday and just maybe…………

Yesterday, I went to the track to get the feel of it and its okay. I ran 7 laps then walked 7 laps, went home and manage to do Meaner Legs and repeated some of the move on my BTR Fabulous workout :eek:) Glutes were screaming, bring it on babe!!

I’m going to try to do 4 to 5 leg workouts next week. Still trying to figure rotation out. I have came up with this. Tonight, not sure if I want to workout or rest, kind of tired. But, if I get this burst of energy once home, I’m going to do.

Fri: CTX upper body & Firm Lower Body Scuptling
Sat: Abs, PLB & Cardio Kicks

4/18 starting week 8
Sun: Abs, MIS (legs 2 sets) & cardio of choice
Mon: Abs, CTX upper body & Imax 1-5
Tues: Rest bones
Wed: Abs, Legs & Glutes & cardio of choice
Thurs: Abs, Leaner Legs & cardio of choice
Fri: Abs, CTX upper body & Imax 1-5
Sat: Abs, Abs, MIS (legs 2 sets) & cardio of choice

As Cathe says CAN YOU DO IT. I shall see. My cardio just may be a brisk 4 mile walk on some of the cardio days. It is still very earlier just may tweak here and there. Ladies have a great evening.

Teddygirl~~

hI gUYS.....mY LEGS ARE SORE TODAY. i AM GOING TO DO bc LOWER BODY and cardio today, w/ the ball work from PLB. I am going to put together some type of rotation tomorrow for next week. I would like to stay between 60-75 minutes working out. I do not like 2 hours a day, that is just too much for me.

I also have got to order the book which I am going to do right now!!!! I have looked for it at 2 book stores and have not found it at either one, so order it I will have to do.

Lori

Hi,

Lori, sounds like you had a great workout :eek: keep up the good work!

This morning I decided to go to Bedford track, and I'm glad I did the weather was perfect. I run a lap and walked a lap, until I did 5 miles, and Abs. Later, I'm planning to do PLB and MIS Abs.

Have anyone seen, or considering purchasing the P90X from Beach Body? From what I seen it looks like a pretty good program too add to Cathe. Well guys I'm off and running got to go grocery shopping. Happy Satursday!

Teddygirl~~

I am a fool. I really did not want to work out today, just felt tired, and sore. So, I start going on my BC cardio and lb, and it felt really good. So, I thought, well, I need a little more leg work today, so I did ME lb plus abs. Then I continued on w/ my ball work from PLB, I was dripping in sweat like I have not done in awhile. That was some workout. I will probably really feel it tomorrow. I did order the book this morning from slimandfit.com. I can't wait to get it!!!!!

Have a good weekend everyone.
Lori

Hi Diana, your posting was the first one I could find that said anything about nutrition and I have been looking for an hour. Do you know of anywhere where Cathe discusses nutrition or what form of eating Cathe endorses? Email direct to [email protected] Thanks

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.