Apartment cardio

bz1971

First let me introduce myself.
I am Beth. I am an old Cathe member. I have all old DVDs up through STS.
I now am divorced 5 years, went to college, graduated started working and now just myself and 3 kiddos in an apartment and up 15 Pounds.
No way can I afford to play catch up so I recently subscribed to CAThe streaming. Thank you BTW great great move.
My question.....I live upper floor and want to do cardio but I do not want to wake up my neighbors at 430 in the morning. What videos can you suggest that is quiet but cardio. I did weights this morning and that was awesome. Afternoons and weekends are not a problem.
Thank you to all replies.
Beth

Hey Beth! :) Congrats on your graduation.

I tend to fit in workouts at all hours & I find LIS Cardio Supersets, Slide & Glide, ICE LI Sweat, Hard Strikes (making the jumping jacks low impact), & the less impact/mainly gliders premixes from To The Max very useful. I am not sure how graceful you are on your step, but I'm not so when working out late with it, I put a rubber (must be grippy) yoga mat on top to stop any thumping sound.
Youtube has a bunch of barre-type cardio workouts that I also find quiet. Jessica Smith, for example. It is not near the intensity of Cathe however, if you like that all the time. What is intense are Millionaire Hoy's (again youtube) 'silent but deadly' routines.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Thank you so much. I am trying to find my way around this site and so I just started watching all the videos and introduced myself to the workout manager.
I use to be a hardcore exerciser but after 5 years I have to work back up. Hitting it hard and shocking my metabolism and being accountable to myself is my first step.
I lost my yoga mat. I will go buy another one to place on my step Awesome tip. Thank you.

Perhaps some from the Low Impact series. The step is used as a prop rather than an actual step routine. Think Power 7'S, swim lunges etc. "Afterburn" is a silent but deadly type. Many congrats on your accomplishment too! It's so empowering, right! Welcome back!

@tlc93 Peg, I was thinking "Afterburn", too! And Flextrain would be a good "quiet" metabolic option, too.
@bz1971 Beth, you could be lucky and have deep sleeping or early rising downstairs neighbors! Do you know them well enough to ask if your early morning workouts are disturbing them?

Perhaps some from the Low Impact series. The step is used as a prop rather than an actual step routine. Think Power 7'S, swim lunges etc. "Afterburn" is a silent but deadly type. Many congrats on your accomplishment too! It's so empowering, right! Welcome back!
Wow. Thank you going to check it out maybe tomorrow's workout. Yyyiiipppeee.

@tlc93 Peg, I was thinking "Afterburn", too! And Flextrain would be a good "quiet" metabolic option, too.
@bz1971 Beth, you could be lucky and have deep sleeping or early rising downstairs neighbors! Do you know them well enough to ask if your early morning workouts are disturbing them?
He's a younger guy and new and single. Keeps to himself. If I would run into him I would ask. Thank you I will look into flextrain.

Thumping noises that early or at any time would be annoying in an apartment though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.