Anyone use bareMinerals make up?

Gibbee

Cathlete
Anyone here every try bareMinerals makeup? Is it good? Does it feel lighter than liquid make up?

Yes, I use it and love it! I definitely think its much lighter than liquid makeup, and I was also able to find a foundation color that truly matched my skin tone, something I've always had a hard time with in the past. Always too yellow or too pink with other brands. My complexion has also improved. I think you'll love it!

Yes, I use it and love it! I definitely think its much lighter than liquid makeup, and I was also able to find a foundation color that truly matched my skin tone, something I've always had a hard time with in the past. Always too yellow or too pink with other brands. My complexion has also improved. I think you'll love it!

I totally agree. I have been using it for about 6 years and I have never turned back. I have really greasy skin and it stays on. Make up always used to slide off of my face after a few hours, not with this stuff.

I had the complete opposite experience from the PPs with Bare Minerals. It just didn't work for me. I ended up returning to QVC because it made my face look and feel oily. My skin actually felt more greasy with the Bare Minerals than without it, which was odd because I really only use powder to smooth out my skin tones, not for oil coverage since my skin is not oily on its own. I would agree, however, that it is much lighter than liquid makeup.

I used to use BM but it actually dried my face out (I have combo skin). I've been using Fit Me by Maybelline which is a liquid but it comes in a bunch of shades so matching your skin color isn't as hard as it may be with other foundations out there. It's also really light and not greasy, plus you can't beat the price!

BareMinerals is ok, but Pure Minerals is AMAZING!!! I have been using it for years and nothing else. Wonderful, spectacular product. I don't say that lightly. Both use minerals instead of talc, but Pure Minerals is tops IMO. As far as comparing both to regular foundation, hell ya, no comparison. Once you go mineral, you NEVER go back!!!

Natasha

Bare Minerals didn't work for me, either. It felt nice and light, but it made my oily skin look oilier. There's something shiny in it that I didn't like.

Right now I'm using the Mary Kay mineral powder which is nicer (and much cheaper!), but my absolute favorite powder foundation is Laura Gellar's Balance and Brighten. It makes my skin look flawless but not "made up", especially over primer.

Last edited:
At 55+ I use everything BareEssentials. Having those lines and spots due to aging, you can't beat Bare Minerals coverage. It's light, good coverage and dosn't settle in the ol'lines. :D

I am one of those who loves Bare Minerals too. In fact my vanity looks like a Bare Minerals store :eek: If you are close to a Bare Escentuals store you should give it a try. For sure they will give you a make over and you can see if you like the feeling of their products on your face. And I think they will take it back within 30 days if you don't like it so you are not out anything if you don't like it.

I switched to mineral make-up a few years ago and never looked back. I started with BM, but there is something in it that makes me itch like crazy - this is a fairly common issue, if you Google this (one of the minerals they use is potentially irritating for some folks). I tried Everyday Minerals and LOVE LOVE LOVE them (they do not use the itchy mineral). Once you find your shade, it honestly doesn't look like you are wearing anything at all - it blends in perfectly and makes your skin look flawless. I LOVE it.

I would suggest trying out BM in a store if you can, to find your perfect shade. If you use an online source, I know that EM allows you to buy little samples for very very cheap to help you find your shade, and I'd imagine that others would as well.

I switched to mineral make-up a few years ago and never looked back. I started with BM, but there is something in it that makes me itch like crazy - this is a fairly common issue, if you Google this (one of the minerals they use is potentially irritating for some folks). I tried Everyday Minerals and LOVE LOVE LOVE them (they do not use the itchy mineral). Once you find your shade, it honestly doesn't look like you are wearing anything at all - it blends in perfectly and makes your skin look flawless. I LOVE it.

I like Everyday Minerals as well. I also use Larenim mineral makeup.

Hi All! I use my clarisonic to cleanse my face and then use my face moisturizer. After that I LOVE Laura Geller's baked make up collection. So translucent yet a touch of color to give that youthful glow.
First I dust Balance and Brighten lightly over my face (takes 10 seconds) and then follow up with Laura Geller's Blush n' Brighten (another 10 seconds), pop on chapstick and I am out the door :D

I used to use BM as well, but everytime I would get hot my face would itch. And living in New Orleans being hot is most of the time. I now use Everyday Minerals as well. It is much better for my very oily skin and my wallet! :)

Another fan of Everyday Minerals here! LOVE, LOVE. My skin gets very dry in the winter, however, so in the winter I switch over to Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten (I use the new Porcelain color and my skin looks amazing with it). The LG leaves me a little oily in the summer because it's a cream/powder formula, so then I go Everyday Minerals in the summer and it's like not wearing makeup at all. And EM is so reasonably priced, as well!

I love Bare Minerals! I've used it for quite awhile now and will use it until someone pries it from my dead hands... I sometimes get compliments on what "beautiful skin" I have and I always say, "trust me, it's not my skin, it's the makeup". :) It's light and covers up all flaws but looks like you don't have any makeup on at all.

I use their foundation and eye shadows, and I just love their Buxom Lips lip gloss. It's supposed to plump your lips, but although that doesn't really happen for me, it's got this tingly, cooling thing happening right after you apply it and it feels awesome. Santa just bought me a new shade for Christmas and I was so excited!

Let me tell ya- i've become a chapstick snob :p Ever use Say Yes to Carrots or EOS chapsticks? (i prefer the mint version of both). I'm hooked!

Hi All! I use my clarisonic to cleanse my face and then use my face moisturizer. After that I LOVE Laura Geller's baked make up collection. So translucent yet a touch of color to give that youthful glow.
First I dust Balance and Brighten lightly over my face (takes 10 seconds) and then follow up with Laura Geller's Blush n' Brighten (another 10 seconds), pop on chapstick and I am out the door :D

Let me tell ya- i've become a chapstick snob :p Ever use Say Yes to Carrots or EOS chapsticks? (i prefer the mint version of both). I'm hooked!

Yes to Carrots is awesome, so is Burt's Bees - the original, vs the pomegrant. Chapstick feels like a candle now after using this :)

Here's another Bare Minerals user for late 40'ish skin - does great! ALways wanted to try Everyday Minerals, tho.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.