anyone try coconut water?

ReneePruitt

Cathlete
I just tried some thinking it sounded deliicious.....YUK..I read the benifits..how its loaded with potassium and it is. A detoxifier... and I guess set myself up to think it was gonna taste like coconuts.. not,

My question is if u tried it and didn't like did u do something to it to make yourself like it? I hate to throe it away, It is Not cheap. If there no way to make it taste better well I will stick to banana and water.

I agree with you. I tried some in Costco last week. I have to say..it's the most disgusting thing I put in my mouth. It doesn't taste like coconut at all:confused: JMO!

OK I am going to dissent. I love coconut water--plain no added flavors. I wish I was able to drink more of it but it has gotten very expensive.

I tried the naked brand. Yuk. Id hate to put a sweetner in it. It would be defeating the purpose. I also got carrot juice to try. Yuk but I think that one at least I can tolerate it. I know maybe eat carrota. I do eat tthem but wanted to try something different and super restorattive. Super cleansing. Lol guess ill stick to water. Just hate throwing it out. Noone else hear will drink it. I may chug it down to see if I at least FEEL like I did something healthy.

I haven't tried it, so I can't comment on that. But can you cook with it or mix it a smooothie to mask the taste? I hate throwing away expensive things that I've tried and didn't like, but sometimes you just have to cut your losses.
Lorrie

Coconut water

Oh Renee.... so funny.... I suppose one must develop a taste for some things, eh? ;) I LOVE coconut water and carrot juice, lol. I juice carrots w/grapefruit and apples... mmmmmmm... soooo GOOD. The commercial coconut waters are not bad, but the coconut water that comes from a sweet young coconut..... OH. MY. GOODNESS!! The BEST! :D

I was thinking I may just add it to a protein breakfast drink. Lol I know I'm thinking oh. Woww this is gonna b good feel goood taste good... you'd think it would resemble something of a coconut ...but nope.. yuk yukedee yuk yuk.

LOVE coconut water. Just finished some actually - hoping it helps my headache (which may be dehydration oriented). I like Zico brand, but I love the stuff. The mild flavor will definitely work in smoothies - particularly if you just do the water and fruit.

bayerngirl said:
I agree with you. I tried some in Costco last week. I have to say..it's the most disgusting thing I put in my mouth. It doesn't taste like coconut at all:confused: JMO!

I think it's absolutely nasty, too, whether room temperature or ice cold. Give me old fashioned, no frills water ANY day!

It's yicky. I think I tried the Zico. It tastes bad and has a weird texture to it. A little thicker/slimier than water. Ick! Ick!!! Ick!!!!!!!!! Couldn't finish the bottle.

Nan

I'M CUCKOO FOR COCONUT WATER!!!!:eek:
Here's the weird thing: I don't like coconut! I think the little shavings remind me of toenail clippings :p! If a recipe calls for coconut, I leave it out! But I really love ice cold coconut water, go figure!

SYCs

I'M CUCKOO FOR COCONUT WATER!!!!:eek:
Haha! I say this all the time.... I'm cuckoo for coconuts!! The sweet young coconuts are not the same as the mature coconuts. The young ones are simply divine. I am fussy too.... I only prefer Melissa's brand. Unbelievably delicious! Of course, the water itself is sooooo gooood, but I use the coconut water and the meat to make coconut milk, coconut yogurt, and coconut water kefir. Some raw vegan recipes call for the coconut meat, which makes foods verrrrryyyy, verrrryyyy creamy! Mmmmmm....... I'm cuckoo for sweet young coconuts! haha :p

Sweet young coconuts are simply wonderful. I lived in India for years and you could buy them on the street corner. They are called "tender coconuts". They just open them and stick a straw in and you have the best drink ever. Plus it is very fresh and cooling.

Since I'm in the rare league of people to love the stuff, I must say that THE BEST coconut water I ever had was in Cuba. The people on the resort literally knock them off the tree for you, make a hole, put in some rum, and pop in a straw :p:p:p. Oh heck ya! Without rum tastes good too ;)

Natasha

I wasn't taking about FRESH coconut water :eek: I love coconut water from a fresh coconut. I use coconut milk for cooking. I love drinking pina coladas:p The stuff I tasted in Costco didn't taste like a coconut:eek: Maybe I need to try another brand of coconut water.

I love coconut water! I had the naked brand the other day and another brand, they taste the same to me. I can only drink about 8oz at a time though and I like to drink things cold, maybe it wouldn't be so good at room temp. I wish I could find some in bulk.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.