Anyone tried Bare Minerals makeup?

darli ann

Cathlete
I'm doing a little online shopping this morning and have been interested in the hype about the BareMinerals makeup. I almost pushed the "purchase now" button on their website but wish I could get a real person's opinion first. Anyone here tried it? Liked it? Hated it?

darli ann-
If you do a search on the topic on the open discussion forum, you should find TONS of stuff about this. Personally, I've been using BM about a year now and I LOVE it. My skin has never looked better! I know some people don't like it though. I've heard that it doesn't look great on older skin and can accentuate wrinkles.

Carolyn

Personally, it is the only make-up I use and I love it. I have heard negatives and positives from people on this site though. Do a search on "Bare Escentials" or "Bare Minerals" and you should get several threads that recently discussed the products. I've heard people complain about it making their pores looks bigger and escentuate their lines etc..., but I've never had those problems. I do not think it works well with a dry face though, so you need to make sure your face is well hydrated when using it.

Darli Ann, do an advanced search here for "bare and minerals" and I know you'll get some info you're looking for! :)

Ha! I started the thread. It's called "Bare Minerals is ruining my face!" Or something like that.

I started using it in January. I can tell you that I had very few wrinkles at the side of my eyes, and none under my eyes at that time. I stopped using it a few weeks ago and am trying to repair the damage that it did. Now the skin under my eyes looks like it aged 5 years. I have a good friend who went home to India for a couple months to get married. First thing he asked me when he got back was why my eyes looked swollen.

I hate the stuff with a passion. Except the eyeshadow and the cheek color: True. I like that a lot. Others have suggested trying another mineral make-up, but I don't dare. It's expensive and I never, ever had problems with liquids.

I do have naturally dry skin, but it is very well moisturized. And I'm only 39 years old...and up until I tried this stuff...I looked about 31.

Hi There!!

I am on the pregnancy forums these days but had to jump in.

I agree with Donna 100%! I experienced the same thing which
Donna mentions. It aged my skin which was pretty decent around
my eyes, etc. I am 33 years old and it made me look older.
I thought it was my imagine but I read Donna's post and thought
there is probably something in it which caused this.
Unless you really want to try it I wish I saved my money but
we all seem to experience a different result. Too bad you couldn't
sample somehow before purchasing??? I also like the eyeshadow
but the blush which they called "warmth" didn't work for me
even after the instructional video I previewed. I gave it away
to my Mom and sister who also have good skin. They too didn't like
for other reasons such as enlarging of small pores, etc.
I hope this helps. I didn't break out, etc.

Suzanne

I use it & love it. My 21 daughter uses it & loves it. I have several friends with rosacia that use it & won't use anything else.

>Too bad you
>couldn't
>sample somehow before purchasing???

Not quite the same, but QVC has an excellent return policy, so you could try it and return it if it didn't workout(and be out only shipping costs).

(sigh...) I was really hoping someone would say it would make me look 10 years younger. Any other suggestions????? (anyone use Merle Norman?)

Sorry, I discouraged you! Try it and like Kathryn mentioned you
could always return. I know if I get something in my head I
want it so maybe you should try it and see if it's for you.
It appears the negative reviews are few.

Let us know please!
Suzanne

Hi,
Does anyone here know how Bare Minerals and Sheer Cover Mineral make-up compare? My daughter just bought Sheer Cover and so far so good, but she is only 18yrs. old with great skin so...I understand they are both mineral make-up right? deb:)

I second Everyday Minerals! Best mineral make up out there (if you did the search for minerals, you saw the posts that came up with replies regarding Everyday Minerals). Check them out at the website the above poster typed. :)

I like Everyday Minerals as well. I like Bare Minerals but its a lot more expensive than Everyday Minerals and I really don't see the difference. With Everyday Minerals you can get the samples to see if you like them and also to choose the best color for you.

I just started using Bare Minerals and it works great for me, but I'm intrigued about Everyday Minerals.

Has anyone used Everyday Minerals and NOT liked it?

Thanks!
Doria

I did NOT like Bare Minerals - it has a weird sheen to it that seems to accentuate every pore and line on my face (and I don't have dry skin). Not the look I'm going for.

I've been using Aromaleigh (www.aromaleigh.com) mineral makeup for over 2 years now and LOVE it. It doesn't have that sheen to it, and doesn't settle into pores and lines like Bare Minerals does. And it costs less. There are also a LOT more shades of foundation, and a lot more colors of eyeshadow and blush.

With that said, I heard about Everyday Minerals from some folks here and ordered some free samples. As far as I can tell, the consistency, ingredients, and coverage are pretty much the same as Aromaleigh, and it costs a little less. Aromaleigh has more color options, and I like that they donate a portion of all their proceeds to Heifer International, so I will probably continue to buy my minerals there. :)

Hated it!!!:-(

I live in the desert-- Las Vegas, and it is sooo drying on the skin. I much prefer a tinted moisturizer. Advanced Radiance by CoverGirl is my current fave right now!:) Plus it contains SPF as well.

The foundation made me break out. I still use mineral veil, the eyeshadows, and the blushes sometimes, but I have to be careful, or I get skin reactions from those too.

I agree about the weird sheen it has. You can't see it on TV with studio lights and all, but it is pretty obvious in daylight.

Every time I see mineral make-up I run. I can't say that my experience will be everyone else's because I know people that love BE and other brands of mineral make-up. You just have to try it and see if it works for you. At the moment I'm using "regular" make-up from several lines: Laura Mercier, Clinique, and Mac for the most part, but I use other brands too ocasionally.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.