Anyone taking Bee Pollen?

darli ann

Cathlete
I keep reading that bee pollen is considered by some to be the most perfect food on earth in terms of its complete range of nutrients. I'm guilty of jumping onto bandwagons pretty easily so I'm trying to do my homework on everything before I try it. There's tons of info on the internet about it, but I was wondering if anyone here takes bee pollen and what's your opinions?

i ordered some to put in my oatmeal every morning and had a hard time getting use to the taste, i know in Tosca Renos book she stated that "she loves the way it tastes" but i thought it was kind of strong at first. She says to use a table spoon i ended up just using a teaspoon and that was much better. i will say that the taste grows on you after a while either that or i just dont notice it as much. She also stated that it makes you feel full and i would agree with that. i dont know anything about the pill form though. i ordered mine from philoxia.com and have to say that i do plan on ordering some more. It is suppose to be wonderful for the immune system so i am all for that. Hope this helps. Melissa

If you have any pollen related allergies, avoid bee pollen.

Hay fever sufferers should be very careful with this supplement. Bees collect pollen from a wide variety of plants, and there is no guarantee they didn't collect pollen from something to which you may be allergic.

I really think Tosca Reno does not emphasize this risk enough in her book. She's so busy telling people it's the perfect food she fails to mention the risk of anaphylactic shock to allergy sufferers.

Well, Ms. Tosca is not exactly scientific so one take her advice with a grain of salt. One should never trust a woman who stashes Ho Hoes and Ding Dongs in her little cooler. ;)

I do put a little bee pollen in my pancake batter...it has a nice taste but since then I have proclivities toward wearing black and yellow and responding to questions with "Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!"...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.