Anyone preordering CIAs new workouts?

amron

Cathlete
I am trying to decide whether to order CIAs new workouts or Traceys. Just wondering who is wordering CIAs new ones. I only have one of theirs, Cardio-Camp Workout from a previous series and don't know whether to buy any more.

I preordered both Tracey and CIA, lol. I ordered Tracey's step workout and cardio workout and the kickbox interval CIA with Kimberly Spreen and the step interval one (but based on reviews of the instructor's other videos, not sure if I'll be able to do the coreography...). I can't wait to try them all out :D

Carol

I preordered the Gay Gasper and Kimberly Spreen workouts, and two older workouts.

Do they send the older workouts immediately, or wait until the new ones are ready. I thought it was the former, but I haven't gotten the two older workouts yet, so I'm wondering if I just dreamed that up? Or if they are just slow at shipping?

Hi,

I preordered last year and I think they sent the older dvds right away. I'm not preordering this year. I rarely use the dvds and I'm not sure why. Gay Gasper and Kimberly Spreen were actually pretty good.

Tracy

I preordered Kimberly Spreen and Sharon Twombley's videos. I did order 2 older ones for $10 and they were sent out right away, so hopefully Kathryn will get hers soon.
Jen

I'm still debating on ordering Sharon's workout. It sounds very much like an updated All Body Cardio, which I love!
Angela

I plan to order all five of the new CIA videos. I usually get 4-5 of them in the presale each year and have been pleased with most of them. Kimberly Spreen is a very good instructor and so is Gay Gasper. Who is "Tracey" to whom everyone is referring?

I also ordered Kickbox Extreme and Hi/Lo Extreme by Amy Bento from Collage Video. Haven't done the Hi/Lo yet, but the Kickbox workout is very intense and fun. It also has several good premixes.

They normally ship the older workouts right away. I ordered the whole set and one older one. They sent me the older one plus the bonus DVD with spinning.

So, you should be getting thosse tow older ones soon.

Cheryl

I FINALLY got the two 'older' workouts I'd ordered (I was beginning to think I'd imagined ordering them, or that they were being sent via tricycle, and was just about to email CIA to check up on them).

I ordered "Criss-Cross Cardio" and "Double Cardio."
I've previewed them both, and I love the way these workouts look!
I'm such a kickbox hound, I don't know why I didn't pick up Criss-Cross cardio before. I think I read some so-so reviews that made it sound not so appealing, but I love what I see. The only caveat: the insructor LOVES to count. From 1 to 8, from 1 to 4, down from 8 to 1, down from 4 to 1. At least it's more variety than Billy Blanks. LOL! More important to me is that the moves are well-sequenced (to allow for correct KB form), the instructor has good form (though at times the backgrounders are very iffy), and the music is good.

I also very much like the way Sharon Money-Twombley's workout looks. I didn't think about getting it until I read several positive reviews of it here, so thanks to whoever mentioned it. It reminds me a bit of Drill Max, a bit of Mindy Mylrea, that style. I really like that Sharon is a PT and has a Masters in Biomechanics: I think it's safe to say she's not going to throw in any risky moves.

Seasun Zeigler's (sp) workout made me seriously think about reinflating my Bosu (it has a slow leak, so if I ever use it, I have to reinflate it).

I think I may have to place another preorder, and pick up Sharon's upcoming workout and maybe Seasun's step workout: it says complex choreo, but if it's as well cued as the Bosu workout, it might be doable---anyone have it who can comment? Collage rates it as "complex" choreo, but they use the same rating for Cathe (which I don't find to be complex) and Christi Taylor (who was too frustrating for me to want to continue with after 20 minutes).

Kathryn,

You will absolutely love sharon's All Body Cardio. I remember the first time I did it - I could hardly believe the wu - she really gets you going. I really seat buckets with this workout. Like she will say, she doesn't give you a time to rest. she has a great personality. I normally do all of my workouts on an 8" step, but with hers at first I only did it on 6". Now, I do it onthe 8". Her first step section after the wu seemed almost too intense for two risers, possibly could hurt the knees if you weren't careful. I do that workout twice a week.

I love Seasun's bosu workout - she also has a great ab section on the end with some good plank work. Straight up step is my favorite of her step workouts. It does have a few tricky spots, but nothing like first step workouts. I think I did it with no problems the first time through. I cannot say that for her other step ones. Nor could I ever say that for Christy's either. I think you would like that one also. She cues really well, there are few times she be a little late on the cuing - but she will say so, then go on. This workout goes by really fast.

I hope this helps.

Cheryl

Thanks, Cheryl.
Seasun cued the Bosu workout really well, so I was thinking her cuing on the step workout would be good too.

Actually, the CIA DVD on sale is her 'Rock Steady Step." How is that one?

Kathryn,

Seasun does cue well, better in her later workouts than in the earliest one, Rock Steady Step, at least IMHO. I really like the workout, but I enjoy complex cardio a la Christi and Patrick Goudeau. RSS is very intense, but the choreo is complex compared to Cathe (and I don't consider Cathe choreo complex in any way, shape or form). I think the CIA deal on it is pretty good, though, so it may be worth a try?

Leslie

Cheryl - just curious if you've ever tried Rebecca Small's Step workouts? There is one DVD at Fitness Organica that is so much fun....Step 2 Success. Seasun's SUS made me fall in love with some complex step (as it's a struggle for me to learn)...so I had to purchase all of Seasun's. Love RSS but The Next Step is still over my head. Anyway, you might like Rebecca. She's not very well known over here.......she's from Austrailia . Her workouts don't have a W/U or C/D and are geared towards step instructors. She teaches in the layering method and states that she teaches quicker than she would in a normal step class...so that she can fit a lot of coreography ideas for instructors on one DVD. She's awesome. Seasun was my favorite step instructor and now I have 2 fave's. Check it out over at www.FitnessOrganica.com.

I also love Seasun's Bosu workout and Sharon's CIA Double Cardio workout.

I preordered all of the CIA's last year and this year.....as I think they make some of the best advanced workouts around (other than Cathe). I almost thought Sharon's workout was harder than Cathe....if that is possible. Haven't done it for a while......must break it out.

Double Cardio is one of my favorite workouts. I love both All Body Cardio and Bosu Blast. I don't know if I can pick up Seasun's step workouts. It seems like I tried from Netflix a while back. I'm finding a new found interest in more complex choreography (but can't get into Christie Taylor) so maybe this would be doable for me.
Angela

Loraic,

No, I never even heard of Rebecca Small. Yes, I do love the complex step workouts, for they challenge me not only physically, but also mentally. I think I will go to her website and check it out. Thank you for letting me know.

I do love Seasun's step workouts. I do feel that RSS is a bit more complex (the firsts part of it). But I do enjoy it once I get to know it better. I do enjoy the Next Step also. I think the best one she has made is SUS, the only thing about that one is that there aren't any abs at the end of this one. I love how she adds abs on at the end of a step workout.

Cheryl

RE: Rebecca - word of warning.....she's not that intense. After I learn the segments, if I do them on my higher step and add propulsions, etc....I get a decent moderately hard workout....but when I'm just learning the combos on my low step.....my HR stays pretty low and steady. I think Seasun's are more intense. However, Rebecca has such a charming personality that you just can't help but love her. She has a great time stepping and she's pretty good with cueing and layering. I've never been able to pick up complex step so well. She starts very basic and keeps building and adding.....she usually does 32 count combos or 16 counts and she is the instructor that has shown me how important it is for us challenged peeps to count when learning complex step.

Another good complex Step workout that I astonishgly was able to pick up was Step Gone Wild with Rob Glick.

Sorry for the brief hijack. There's clips of both DVDs at FO.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.