Anyone look better NOW than in High School/College?

RE: Anyone look better NOW than in High School/College...

Hi Jackie: I definitely look better now than in high school. I went to Catholic school and wore a uniform every day. The kilt I wore was a size 18 and in those days I wore a 40D bra. I'm 5'8" so could carry it pretty well, it was easy to assume that I was a big boned girl but my dainty albeit pudgy wrists indicated otherwise.
I was heavy until my 30's and had a revelation after 2 children and dropped from 185 to 135 in about 9 months by exercising and eating very clean. Who knew I could be soooo long and lean!!!!
I had my 20th high school reunion 3 years ago and was one of a handful that did look better. I loved every minute of the positive comments and was very amused while observing people's reaction to me. I wore a size 8 black mini skirt and a bright red low cut cashmere sweater (and a 36B bra) and felt like a million bucks. Fitness brings joy to my life EVERYDAY!!!!!:) :) (okay maybe it's not joy when BootCamp is on schedule, but I do still love it:7 )
Take Care
Laurie

Me me me!!!
And to make it sweeter, tomorrow is my 35th birthday! :)

I was always overweight (due to overeating and bad diet) - except for a bout with anorexia when I was 19 :-( then the cycle continued as I abused myself with binge-eating and gained a lot of weight.

Lucky for me, I had health issues that drove me to take care of myself ONCE and FOR ALL...and at the age of 30, I cleaned up my diet for good, and started exercising regularly, for GOOD! I couldn't be happier about the changes I have made, but also the fact that I've been able to take care of myself long-term, while still living my life and 'being normal'. :)

Diane Sue, do you follow a certain rotation or eating program? Were you in shape before Cathe's videos, or did Cathe's videos help\

Jackie, do you work 12 hour shifts? I am a nurse to. When do you usually workout? Did you find that Cathe's videos are the reason to your success as looking better now then high school?

I was in pretty good shape in college. I played college volleyball 5 to 6 days a week, for about three hours a day (longer on tornament days). Volleyball is great for the legs; it's kind of like you're doing non-stop hover squats while at the same time you are doing a boxer-shuffle (okay, maybe not, but it's the closest analogy I could think of). And then there is all that jumping. So, I would have to say my legs were a bit better back then.

However, me now compared to two years after college, when I no longer had the time for that much volleyball, I'd have to say I'm better now. Also, I've got so much more muscle now than I did during college. Despite all that exercise, I had no upper body definition to speak of (they really never focussed on weight training with volleyball).

Right now I am working 4 days per week, 8-10 hours and also work on call and per diem, which is usually 12 hour shifts when that happens.

I workout out RIGHT when I think about it, otherwise I get too many projects started and then it's time for showers (kids) and bed!

Yes, I have noticed the BIGGEST changes using Cathe. Fast at first of course, but I think that we all know that the other workouts we did before Cathe helped to give us something to build on.

RIght now, I am trying to hard to save extra money to buy more Cathe. Last month I think I spent over $150.00. :eek:

>Look better now than in high school/college? Definitely!
>
>I was the painfully skinny, ugly little shy kid.

You just described my high-school persona to a "T". You mentioned a special workout regimen you follow for ectomorphs or hardgainers. I'd love it if you would share this with me. I've worked out for a little over 2 years and last year when I mentioned this to my sister in law, she said, bless her heart, "You're already skin and bones and nobody likes that." hmmm thanks

:)

Anna [email protected]

I've watched this thread for awhile. When I first read the title I laughed. Answer: Hell no! Everything changes but to say I look better at age 54 than I did at 18!!! I cannot tell a lie: I was young, thin, energetic but not particularly athletic. I danced (ballet and tap) three times a week and danced at clubs all the time. Do I look good for my age? I think so. Do I look better than I did in high school? Let's not push it!:7 Alexis

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.