Anyone interested in a 10 lb check in/challenge?

LauraMax

Cathlete
For those who participated in the undiet thread, I have to say I really didn't enjoy undieting. :p I was led astray. I def. didn't lose any weight.

So my plan was to start a serious diet on 9/14 with the goal of losing 10 lbs, & I noticed there are several forum members who share the goal. Debbie & I talked about a check in, & we're both gonna try it. I'm hoping the extra encouragement will help me stay on the straight & narrow. ;)

Debbie also had a very interesting idea--how do you all feel about a contest? Maybe everyone could pitch in $5 for a cathe.com gift card for whoever reaches their goal first? Yeah, there's a little trust involved in this since we can't do a weigh-in in person, but I think we'll all be honest. :)

Thoughts?

ME

Laura, I would be. I love the idea of the contest too. That may be the competitive kick I need.

I did not take part of the undiet thread, but am very interested in any of your results. I put oatmeal and Ezekiel bread among other things in my diet at the same time I took out my knee in a fight with my hard wood floors. So was it the carbs or the gross lack of cardio that let those 4+ pounds show up?

Anywho, count me in.

I'm on for this challenge. I actually did good with the undiet but now that I'm on vacation, I've gained some unwanted pounds due to crappy eating. So on Monday I'm back with my clean eating and all.

ly10up

I ate ezekial bread as convenience food on a short trip and put on some pounds.....evil carbs

count me in. 10lbs til prepregnancy wieght-and diet is THE biggest factor for fat loss

Count me in!!!!!!!!!

My boys start school full time on Monday the 14th and i have been searching for a group to help keep me going!!!!!!!!!

I may also need some advice on eating better and lifting heavier. I'm lifting like a little girl!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW, I am excited!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Debbie & Laura Max am INNNNN!!!

I'm in, sounds very interesting, the contest.
That mean that we all going to put are weight here ( number) and go from there?
For how long this is going to be? do you have a date to end the contest?
Debbie are you going to post a diet to follow and a rotation?
Or that's to much too ask...
Maybe just workout my b**t off..:p

I would love to join a 10 pound check-in list! That is my exact number to lose but can't seem to get motivated to really do the work to get it done. I am starting STS in the next week or two hoping that will jump start me.

I know that everyone here would be honest. How would we do it? Post our weight on 9/14?

Gosh....this could be the exact motivation I need! Please count me in!!!!

I'd like to try this too, although I don't know if I'll be able to check in all the time. An idea for trying to keep everyone honest, we could take a picture, while standing on the scale of what our scale reads. And no fair, putting on your Cathe 10 lb vest or equivalent at the start.

So are we going to do the contest? If so is it the first to lose 10lbs or do we set a date to lose the 10 pounds by and then throw all the names in the hat of those who lost 10 pounds and pick one winner? What day are we starting?

Jean

I'm in. I've been slacking since the road trip. I probably only worked out three times in the past month :eek: and I've stopped tracking my food intake. Luckily I can't pack it in like I once could but the pounds are starting pile on. I've been wanting to post to ask for a kick in the butt so this should fit the bill.

me too!!!

please ;) My DH, me and a whole buncha friends are heading to Mexico this winter and I really want to kick my own tushie and lose 10 lbs before then...at least I think it's 10 lbs, could be more, but I haven't weighed myself in a year :eek: I have a history of being a little OCD about that...but I think I can handle it!
So (eagerly rubbing my hands together) what are the rules???
take care
julie

Hi all

Can I join. My weight has stuck at 12 stone or 168lbs forever and I need a good kick up the backside. I will try very hard.

Laura

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.