Anyone have Polar A370

firemedic

Cathlete
I just purchased it and have a few questions. I prefer to ask them here because I know I'll get better answers. Does this pair the the H9 chest strap? If so, do you find it's better to have the chest strap? I tried one years ago and I had nothing but problems with it not keeping my heart rate. The signal kept getting lost. The other question is, how do you change the batteries and about how often do they need to be changed? I really like this polar so far, I had a Garmin for a little while. I didn't care for it that much, but my grandmother like it so I gave it to her. I haven't had anything for about 6 months, so decided to go with Polar this time since it seems to be the most popular and from reviews, the most accurate for heart rate. Thanks for any info.

Kim

Hi Kim, I don't know the answers regarding the chest strap but for your batteries I would never change them myself. I've had my Polar for over 25 years and I've always sent it in for battery replacement. I had another model before this one that I have now and I replaced the battery and it stopped working properly. I always send mine to one of those Service Centers (I send mine to the Michigan service center) you can find on the Polar website under Service Centers. I use my Polar every time I workout and I replace it about every 2 to 2 1/2 years so it lasts a long time. Yes, it is one of the best on the market - Polar was the first to create reliable heart rate monitors. Also, like I mentioned before I've had my Polar for over 25 years and it still works just fine and it is with the chest strap, which tend to be more accurate. Hope this helps.

I have been using the A360 for several years now. I love it. Get the H10 transmitter. Mine never misses a beat. It doesn't have any of the random spikes of earlier versions. When it starts having problems, change the transmitter battery. I have been changing my own battery for years. You need a Euro coin to open the back of the transmitter without stripping the plastic. Our coins are not thick enough to fit right. I never tried using 2 coins for that. I just bought a Euro coin at the airport. If you want to use it for swimming, then you need to send it out to replace the battery.

The watch is easy to recharge. You can use your computer or any 5W charger. I use my kindle's. It is very important to make sure that the watch is completely dry before charging to avoid destroying the receiver. If in doubt, leave the USB flap open overnight to dry out before charging. Last thing, never put the chest strap in the washer. Just rinse it in the sink after using and let it dry. About twice a week, I wash mine with my handsoap. I killed several straps before I realized that Polar's recommendation to wash it in the washer was the problem. Enjoy your A370!

Thanks so much for your responses. I am really liking the Polar so much more that the Garmin. It is more accurate and so much more easy to use. It hasn't lost my heart rate once. I will probably be getting the chest strap within the next few months, maybe B-day present to self in August.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.