Anyone have a pierced belly button

robyn6002

Cathlete
I swear there was a thread on this awhile back but I cant find it.

Any of you have a pierced belly button to show off your hard work? Did it hurt a lot? Are you glad you got it? Anything you didnt expect - eg. work keeping it clean...

Anyone else thinking about it????

I got my BB pierced last year. It hurt like h***. My friend that went with me to get hers done said it didn't but she lied. :) I had to really be careful and keep it clean. Wash it with antibacterial soap and use Neosporin for 8 weeks then I could change the ring. I kept it for a few months then a small blister popped up beside the top piercing. I went back to Neosporin but it didn't help. It started clearing up when I'd take the ring out but as soon as I put it back in, it popped back up. I finally just took the thing out and within 2 days, the hole closed up. It was really more trouble than it was worth.

Sharon

Hi,
I have my belly button pierced. I have had it for about 4 years. I got it done my first year of college. I didn't really get it to show off because I gained about 20 pounds that year but it helped give me an incentive to lose the weight that summer. I really like mine. I cleaned it out 2 or 3 times a day with salt water when I first got it done. It never got infected because I was very careful with it. If you get it done make sure the place you go to is clean. They should open a new needle there in front of you. It was sore for a couple of weeks probably. I sometimes would unbutton the top of my jeans and bend them down a little so they wouldn't irritate it. Make sure you clean it really well so it doesn't get infected. Hope that helps.

Tracy

I don't have a pierced belly button (Thank God, there is nothing to show off here!!) But my opinion is that a tight toned belly looks better on a woman minus the belly ring. They are so commonplace now that I think it is more unique to have great abs and NO belly ring. Without the belly ring, it almost makes you look so much sexier because it says to everyone..."that chick has got a great stomach and she doesn't even know it". You are not obviously flaunting it. Believe me, if you got great abs...people are looking. And hey, if you don't ....people are looking!!!!:):)

I got mine done about 18 months ago. Honestly, it didn't hurt so much getting it done as it did the morning after! I thought I would die when I rolled over to get out of bed. No sleeping on my stomach for weeks & no sex with dh on top (if you're married or in a relationship you have to know this is a problem)!!!! I kept it clean with antibacterial soap & water 3 times a day. I got a small infection, my doctor prescribed an antibiotic gel & didn't even give me a bad time!

I have no regrets. I love it. I love the different jewelry available. It's not cheap, though--$35 & up for a simple surgical steele ring & forget about gold!

Hey Robyn! I had mine done back in April and I love it!! Just keep in mind that everything you read about healing times is very true. I would say that it only just a few weeks ago really "healed". I think the magical salt water from my vacation in Hilton Head really did the trick. But anyway, it did hurt, not so much when he did it, but for a long time after. And workouts were sometimes not so comfortable, but I still love mine. Just keep it clean, wash it twice a day with antibact. soap and do the salt water soaks....and for goodness sakes, check out the piercer before you have it done, make sure the place is clean, they use disposable instruments, and use gloves! My tummy is still not perfectly flat, will never be since I have had two kids, but it is something I did just for me, just like working out with Cathe, so it makes me feel really wonderful when I see that little bit of color at my navel! Just my 2 cents! Donna.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-02 AT 03:02PM (Est)[/font][p]I've had mine for about 5 years, and I love it. I got it before I had both children and it's survived both pregnancies and everything else. Now I have good abs (getting that 6-pack look) and I think it looks great.

It didn't hurt too much being done. The next day, your abs will be very sore - I twisted around to reach something at work and was in a lot of pain. That will wear off in 2-3 days. I knew it had to be kept clean - most places will give you a care sheet on how to keep it clean, with how often to clean and what to clean with, plus warning signs.

You need to consider what the jewlery is made of when you get pierced. A lot of it is stainless steel, the funky colored stuff is usually niobium. I personally can't get pierced with stainless/surigcal steel or wear s/s jewlery. I had one set of earrings done with ss and they were a pain, infections, etc. I got my navel and other body piercings done with niobium and haven't had a problem with them at all. I did try a s/s barbell in my navel for my first pregnancy, but it got sore and yucky looking so I put the niobium ring back in, and it was magically better.

I don't regret my piercings and I have some that I've had to let heal due to complications with my first child as a newborn. I'm thinking about having those redone. Do it for you, if you really want it. The nice thing about a piercing is that if you get it and don't like it, you can always take the jewlery out and let it heal. It's not like getting a tattoo, which you're stuck with whether you like it or not.

Hi,

I have had my belly pierced for about 4 years and no I don't regret it, it hurt some but not really that bad. The only down side is that it takes a long time to totally heal, but it looks good on a tight stomach!! I would recommend it, I was the first of 3 of my friends to get one and everyone is happy they did!

What a timely thread. I had mine done about a month ago and it is healing quite nicely. I had tried to get one a few years ago but took it out after only a week because it was red and infected looking. This time, however, I had resolved myself to just deal with it and know that it might be a pain in the butt for a few weeks and to wait at least a month before I gave up on it. So far, it is healing really well but it was quite red looking for awhile albeit not really painful. It looked worse than it felt.

Do I like it? You bet. I like the way it looks and am glad it is healing well for me this time. As for pain, at first, I felt a really deep pain for about 2 or 3 seconds and that was about it. It was tender for a few days but it wasn't more than a week before one could accommodate whatever position they chose. :)

Kim

Robyn,
I had my belly button pierced for about 4 years from 1996 until 2000. It didn't hurt that much to get it done, but the healing process is a pain. I suppose depending on how you are proportioned, this may not happen to you, but mine always rubbed on my pants waistband and it was just not that comfortable. Not that it hurt, but you could tell that something foreign was in there. I finally took it out in 2000 and am still waiting for the hole to close up!! You can still see a red dot where I used to have it.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Cruncholi

I got mine done years ago. Yes, it does hurt, but only for a moment. I had no problems with mime - I dabbed with surgical spirits every single day for several months to prevent infection.

Hey ladies!
Just my two cents.....most guys love the belly ring on a flat set of female abs....it's very hot!
How do you all feel about earrings on guys? And.....hoop or stud? My wife cried when I got a small hoop in mine.....she said I looked gay!! lol!
Trevor :) :-jumpy

Trevor - I don't mind earrings on guys - I think one might still be construed as gay. I like hoops better than studs. Maybe it's a single diamond stud that makes me think twice about a guy.

That's interesting.....I would've thought the hoop would've raised more questions. I am wearing a diamond stud as I type this......NOW you've got me all self-conscious!! lol! No...kidding!
Trevor :)

I have had mine for a year now. It took months and months to heal and at one point looked like it was gonna keloid. Then I picked up a liquid vitamin E thing from Wal-mart and the very next day it healed. It even got rid of the bump that was beginning to form. Now it's nicely healed and haven't had any trouble with it. It reminds me to work out.

Just my 2 cents...okay, I do have my navel pierced, and would love to get the top of my ear pierced(can you tell what that I just like body piercing???)....I think an earing(hoop or stud)is cute as heck on any guy!!

RE: Trevor is your ear pierced or your navel

I ask because I suggested to a guy friend of mine that he get his navel pierced and he said he couldn't because it was a sign that a guy was in fact gay. I cannot tell from your post whether your stud is in your ear or navel. My 10 year old son begged and begged to get his ear pierced and since I have my navel pierced, how I could say no? I will also confess that my 12 year old daughter has her navel pierced (just recently when she was in Vegas) and she thinks its cool that we both have a pierced navel together.

Kim

RE: Trevor is your ear pierced or your navel

Hi Kim!
I have my left ear pierced and I wear a stud or sometimes a small hoop in it. I'd actually like to get another hole put in it next to the existing one.
I have never seen a guy with a pierced navel. Pierced nipples only. Your friend is probably right about the gay overtones a pierced navel would produce on a guy. I think the ear is about as far as I would ever go.
It's really great that all of you ladies are able to show off your nice abs with a sexy piercing. It's very hot and really gives off a sense of self-confidence. Keep up the great work!
Trevor :) :-jumpy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.