Anyone have a dyson?

tsagona

Cathlete
I'm considering a dyson vacuum and I've read mixed reviews. I have a couple of shedding dogs and was considering the animal. Anyone have one or even one of the other dysons? I do have some area rugs and I've read that dyson's will absolutely suck the rug off the floor?? I currently have a Kenmore which I'm not sure my carpet is any cleaner when I'm done than when I started. Suggestions?

Thanks.

We bought a dyson in June and we just love it. We have three cats and it just sucks up the cat hair no problem. We have the Motorhead not the Animal. I think the only difference in them is the Animal comes with a small attachment with a beater brush to do the furniture. It does have a lot of suction and it could suck up your area rugs. My only complaint about it is the handle where you attach the brushes is quite large so it can be awkward
to hang on to.

Cheryl

We have had the animal dyson for six years. We have two golden retrievers and it does a great job getting their never ending fur! We also had a Kenmore but when we got our first golden we quickly discovered it wasn't picking ANY of it up!

The suction on the dyson is very strong, but you do get used to it. It's rather heavy and sometimes the suction will pull the vacuum cleaner a little too quickly across the room if I'm using the wand. But I couldn't live with any other vacuum as long as we had a shedding dog(s)!

Another with the animal Dyson (purple). I LOVE it! I have had it for about six months and wonder how I ever thought my carpets were clean before. I have a coupld smaller area rugs in my kitchen. It can suck up the ends but you get used to it. The easiest "fix" is to have someone stand on the edge.

I am SERIOUSLY tempted by the Dyson handheld for my stairs, cars, furniture, etc.

Carrie

ETA: I have had other vacuums that claim to be "animal" vacuums. There is NO comparison.

Another thumbs up for Dyson!! We had a Dyson DC18 slim that I was really happy with and then my husband took it to his office. So I bought a DC25 Animal since we've recently gotten a dog. Both are fantastic. I'm not sure they even make the slim anymore, but the animal is great. I vacuum about once a week and am amazed that my dog (and daughter) aren't both bald considering how much hair and dirt that thing picks up. You can't go wrong with Dyson.
Paula

Another with the animal Dyson (purple). I LOVE it! I have had it for about six months and wonder how I ever thought my carpets were clean before. I have a coupld smaller area rugs in my kitchen. It can suck up the ends but you get used to it. The easiest "fix" is to have someone stand on the edge.

I am SERIOUSLY tempted by the Dyson handheld for my stairs, cars, furniture, etc.

Carrie

ETA: I have had other vacuums that claim to be "animal" vacuums. There is NO comparison.

ITA with everything this poster says! Dyson rocks! :D

We have all hardwood floors and some area rugs and two cats. Dyson works great!

We all have all hardwood with some area rugs, plus some ceramic tile. I love my Dyson. I've had mine for maybe 5 or 6 years though, and it's extremely heavy. I think the newer models are lighter.

I would definitely recommend a Dyson!

I have an Animal too. I absolutely love it! It does a great job of picking up the animal hair. Since I have 2 dogs and 4 cats, there's a significant amount and I'm constantly emptying the canister. I get some clogs too, but it's very easy to take apart to clear.

I have gone through about 8 vacuum cleaners for the past 15 years and the dyson is the only one that I will use now. It picks up all of the animal fur, and we have a LOT of animals. I would highly recommend it.

Susan

Well it's unanimous. Everyone loves their dyson. Seems I can't go wrong if I go with it. Thanks for all your responses.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.