Anyone from the Pac. NW in WA?

Hi Janie! I live in Kent, but closer to Black Diamond. I have been enjoying Cathes' workouts for about 5yrs now. I just love Cathe! Between Cathe and AdvoCare I have the body I never knew I could have. I am in my later 30's and loving life! I have a wonderful husband Troy with two awesome boys Killian 10 and Damon 7. For work I have two jobs. I work at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle a couple days a week, and I am a wellness coach with AdvoCare International on a part time basis. I am glad to see othe Cathe fans in the area.

Have a great day!

Melissa:)

I live outside Arlington just north of Everett.

"I went to Mount Si High school and graduated from there."

My dh grew up in Fall City and graduated from Mount Si in '82. He thought the herb farm burned down and wasn't operating now. Will have to check it out.

Diane

>I live in Sherwood, Oregon - suburb of Portland :)
>
>Travis

I'm in Portland, OR.
(pretty close to Hillsboro).
jujunethansmom, I have a son named Ethan, too!

Linda

>>I live in Sherwood, Oregon - suburb of Portland :)
>>
>>Travis
>
>I'm in Portland, OR.
>(pretty close to Hillsboro).
>jujunethansmom, I have a son named Ethan, too!
>
>Linda

Hi Linda!!

It's nice to meet another area Cathe lover :) and another Ethan's mom ;)

Travis

Born and raised in Bellingham -- still here, although I lived in Texas for 4 years. I graduated in 1992 and went to WWU -- majored in Exercise Science of all things... :)

Charlene

Hi Linda and Travis--I'm in Portland too and familiar with Sherwood. I'm not all alone out here:p

Maggie:)

>>>I live in Sherwood, Oregon - suburb of Portland :)
>>>
>>>Travis
>>
>>I'm in Portland, OR.
pretty close to Hillsboro).
>>jujunethansmom, I have a son named Ethan, too!
>>
>>Linda
>
>
>Hi Linda!!
>
>It's nice to meet another area Cathe lover :) and another
>Ethan's mom ;)
>
>Travis

Yes it is!!
How did that frowning face get placed next to my post??
Nothing is wrong with Hillsboro!!
I put smiley faces here, but, I don't know if they will show up now!
:7 :7
obviously I don't know what I am doing!

>Hi Linda and Travis--I'm in Portland too and familiar with
>Sherwood. I'm not all alone out here:p
>
>Maggie:)

That is cool there are a few of us in the Portland area.
A couple of weeks ago there was a guy on Craig's list selling 17 steps and risers (used) for $20 a set. They were in storage at his church. So, I bought 4, but, not all for myself. I mainly wanted them for the risers, so I could raise my step and use this in place of a high step. Sees to work well.
He delivered them to me for free 1 hour away in Clackamas.
They are not on Craig's list anymore, as I was going to post about that deal. Oh well!

Do you Portlanders have a good source for a Troy Lite barbell set? I am too cheap to pay for shipping from somewhere. I didn't see any of these Troy Lites or substitutes at Walmart in Troutdale a couple of months ago when I was there. I have a Danskin one right now(which I like), but, I am ready to add more weight to what I can lift. I only have 32 pounds on it, then I hang 2x 2 lb ankle weights on it for a total of 36 pounds. Can't put anymore on this, because the bar is starting to bend!

Hope you are all adjusting to the daylight savings time!

Linda:7

How cool there are so many of us here in the PDX area!!!!!

What a wonderful deal you got on those risers!! I wish I had seen that! I have six risers but I want more to raise my step up further for bench work. I'll have to keep my eye on Craigslist! :)

I have not found a troy lite barbell yet. I wish I could, it takes me forever to change my weight on my barbell -- and Cathe is always way ahead of me (of course I pause her to slow her down!) I searched the internet and the troy lites seem to be more spendy than I'd like to spend. I got my barbell set at Target of all places. The bar itself weighs 15 pounds and the plates that came with it can total 100 pounds. I don't need to change, because the most I can do squats with is 65 pounds but I just crave the "quick change" of the troy lite. I can dream. :)

Maggie, you said you're familiar with Sherwood -- do you come out this way? I work in the Tigard/Tualatin area -- we just moved to Sherwood 4 years ago from L.O. I love Sherwood though and refuse to move. And Linda you're right, nothing wrong with Hillsboro!!

Travis:7

>How cool there are so many of us here in the PDX area!!!!!
>
>What a wonderful deal you got on those risers!! I wish I had
>seen that! I have six risers but I want more to raise my step
>up further for bench work. I'll have to keep my eye on
>Craigslist! :)
>
>I have not found a troy lite barbell yet. I wish I could, it
>takes me forever to change my weight on my barbell -- and
>Cathe is always way ahead of me (of course I pause her to slow
>her down!) I searched the internet and the troy lites seem to
>be more spendy than I'd like to spend. I got my barbell set
>at Target of all places. The bar itself weighs 15 pounds and
>the plates that came with it can total 100 pounds. I don't
>need to change, because the most I can do squats with is 65
>pounds but I just crave the "quick change" of the troy lite.
>I can dream. :)
>
>Maggie, you said you're familiar with Sherwood -- do you come
>out this way? I work in the Tigard/Tualatin area -- we just
>moved to Sherwood 4 years ago from L.O. I love Sherwood
>though and refuse to move. And Linda you're right, nothing
>wrong with Hillsboro!!
>
>Travis:7

Hi Travis-
Wow! 65 pounds. I think I would need a squat rack that people on this forum are talking about to ever get to that level! I will PM you the info on the guy from Craigslist. Perhaps he will have more steps/risers left.

I lived/worked in Tigard in the early 80's then started a job in Hillsboro, so that's why we moved away from the Tigard area. There were very few lights on Pacific Hwy at that time, and it wouldn't take any more than 5 miutes to get from King City to 217; now that takes 15+ minutes sometimes! My sister lives in Tigard...

linda

:D

Fun to see all the NW'ers here... Esp with the Portland Gals chiming in since I live in Vancouver.... Very fun!!

>Fun to see all the NW'ers here... Esp with the Portland Gals
>chiming in since I live in Vancouver.... Very fun!!

Living in Vancouver makes you a Portland Gal in my mind :) And I clicked through and checked out your pictures Anne, and I see we have something else in common. . . I am mom to two boys AND they both play football. My oldest son is 14, 6'1 and 240 pounds. He lives and breaths football - my youngest son is 8 and he plays too, but this coming season will only be his 2nd year so he's kind of timid about it :)

Travis

>Hi Travis-
>Wow! 65 pounds. I think I would need a squat rack that people
>on this forum are talking about to ever get to that level! I
>will PM you the info on the guy from Craigslist. Perhaps he
>will have more steps/risers left.
>
>I lived/worked in Tigard in the early 80's then started a job
>in Hillsboro, so that's why we moved away from the Tigard
>area. There were very few lights on Pacific Hwy at that time,
>and it wouldn't take any more than 5 miutes to get from King
>City to 217; now that takes 15+ minutes sometimes! My sister
>lives in Tigard...
>
>linda
>
>:D

Thanks for the PM Linda --

My husband was raised in L.O. and when we moved out to Sherwood he would say "I remember when there was nothing out here and we called it 6 corners" or something like that. . . . it's certainly grown up quite a bit. Truthfully though, Sherwood still feels like a small town. I like that.

Hi Janie -

I'm also in Pacific NW - I live in Sammamish WA - which is about 20 miles east of Seattle. :)

Kathy

Hi Linda--I try Play It Again Sports for all my equipment first, before I buy retail. People are always getting rid of weight equipment. Also the Oregonian has a thrifties section and you might find a good bargain there.

Maggie:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.