Anyone else have a hubby doing STS with them?

jsutera

Cathlete
My husband started STS with me on Monday and it's been hilarious to watch, I have to admit. He totally underestimated the pain that Cathe instills through each of her workouts! I came home on Monday night to the sounds of my husband grunting and yelling at the TV. I came upstairs to check on him and his first comment: "this woman is crazy!!" He couldn't believe her with all the pushups in STS meso #1, disc #1. For me, it's awesome to see - now he knows why I've been so obsesssed with Cathe and with STS this whole time! She knows her stuff and it WORKS! Just had to share...we're taking our "before" pics tonight. That should be interesting!

Anyone else STS-ing it up with their husband/boyfriend, etc? Would love to hear!

No picking on the Hubbies!!!!!! Me and my wife are doing it together! We did P90X over the summer. I think this will be less boring given the workout variety. We are having a % of body fat loss bet to make it more interesting.

Sam

PS. I just got out of my Epsom salt bath!

I think it's fantastic that husbands are joining. It's a workout that is appropriate for either gender.

My husband does not care for DVD fitness. He's rather do it on his own. However, I'm hoping that maybe I'll have decent results and he might be interested enough to try it himself. :)

Ohh a % body fat race, now that's pretty cool. We're just basing it on our before/after pics more than anything. But now you got me thinking, we gotta amp up the competitiveness here!

Yes, mine is!! But my husband has joined me off and on working out with Cathe for years now, so he knows how hard Cathe can be. I admit, it is amusing to see him do the warmups, trying to get moves like grapevines, etc.! My husband already had me take several before photos and he has been taking measurements everywhere. I think he's about as excited as me to begin! It's great to hear about couples doing these together.

Diane

My husband will be joining me too. We are starting next Monday (2/8) and I can't wait. I think he is dreading it ;)! He did Legs & Glutes with me yesterday and only lasted about 30 minutes. Legs are his weak point, but I think he'll be surprised with the upper body work as well. I am worried that we're not going to have enough dumbbells, as we are planning to work out at the same time. I bought him a full-sized step and barbell. I think we're going to look at a Play It Again sports to see if we can find some used hand weights. Bad time of year for that!
Paula

No my husband will not do video workout but he is a die hard weightlifter. He is however supporting me asking a lots of question about the workout I am doing and saying that this program is good for me;) the other hand I was trying to get my 13 and 20 year old sons to do it but they're not interested.

My husband has been hooked on Cathe since I *made* him try the Gym Style series (well, not the cardios, but the weight DVDs for sure). He and I are going to do STS together next week, it should be interesting to see how it goes!

My Joey and I started the STS Series yesterday. We both couldn't believe all the push ups. Of course we had to modify, but hey we're doing it! This is going to be so good for us. We may do this month twice so we can lose the extra weight we put on. By the time we are done with STS, we should look darn good. Also thinking about doing a second one after a recovery period.

There really should be more husbands involved in this series. They are missing out.

Janie

avarar_4359.gif

I've talked my 13 year old son into doing it with me. He has a weight class this quarter in school, but he said he'd do it this summer with me. He did his 1RM tests with me, and he kept trying to match my weight and reps, he was getting very competitive... I just laughed and thought to myself, "You're going to be sorry you pushed yourself so hard on the 1RM, you're going to die when you do the workout!"

PS... Don't tell his friends he's working out with girls, and when they start asking how he's getting so defined, I'm sure he won't confess!!!

I was very impressed with my Hubby when he agreed to do one workout a week with me, Then after the first one {Disc 1}, I made a joke about we could do two a week and he agreed! This Sat we will do Disc 3, and Mon we will do Disc 4, an so on.

I was surprised that HE was pushing ME to do all the pushups. {I wanted to skip some of the segments.} I think I still did a few more than he did. He didn't/won't do the 1RM's, which I did several months ago.

My DH said he was going to do STS with me, but he hasn't started. I'm going to prod him some tonight and maybe I'll get him to start. He was happy when I told him there was a music off option.

He's been proud of doing his 3 sets of 10 push ups in the morning. I can't wait till he does Disc. No. 1. he-he-he.

sonja

Before I met my wife, I knew nothing of Cathe or her workouts. She has almost all of Cathe's tapes/DVD.

I still didn't really care for DVD workouts at all. I thought there was to much "dancing" and I prefered heavy weight workouts and doing outdoor exercise like Biking, running and team sports.

However, she got me into P90X. I lost 30lbs doing that program a couple of times. So when STS came out even I was anxious to get it.

This past summer she went to one of Cathe's road trips. Though I wasn't in the road trip, I went to Jersey with her and visited the Gym. I thought the entire Cathe program was was great!

Now, I've started STS this past monday before SHE is! She still finishing out a rotation she's been working on.

I think STS lives up to its hype. I love the gym style weight workout. It moves along at a good pace. I get a great pump out of it!

I hope my wife (Cathy) will join me soon ;-)

I wish I could convince mine to do it with me but he is a die-hard couch potato (ectomorph). *sigh*

I'm with you girl, my DH has so many shows on the DVR each week and hates to be "sore" as he says so he won't do anything....I can sometimes get him to run on the treadmill, but weights are out, and so far, he hasn't been on that treadmill since Thanksgiving.....

My couch potato will do it, but he needs some prepping first. A 48 year old couch potato who has done nothing for 20 years just cannot jump into STS in my opinion. So I have started him on CLX because the length is shorter, so more attractive to him. He did Burn 1 last night, and tonight for cardio we did the first 30 minutes of Kickmax. I am on CLX too, but am ahead of him in the rotation, plus I am giving him more rest days than I. So by the time I am done with the 3rd stage, he will be done with the second stage. At that point I think he will be ready to switch to STS. Wish me luck in pushing and prodding him! If I can get him past the initial soreness I think he will enjoy how he feels. He prefers Cathe, and at one time did her weight stuff with me, so I think he likes the idea of doing STS.

My husband and I are doing STS together. He and I were a bit surprised that many of the weights the guys were using in the first week leg routine were so light. I consistently used heavier weights than the guys. They can not be using 60% of their one rep max. My husband was a little turned off by that. Some of the guy's weight selections were ridiculously low.

My husband and I are doing STS together. We started this past Monday, 2-2 and plan on doing a 6 month rotation. We did ALL of our 1RM maxes and hubby took the time to make our workout cards even nicer than Cathe's. He even took her pic from the home page (like the one on the STS cover) and where it used to have the little spot that said something about the preorder, he was able to tweak it and now it states "Brian and Denise are going to look hot". That picture is now the cover to our own STS guidebook--we purchased a 3 ring binder and divided it into my section and his and then into each mesocycle. Then we put each mesocycle's workout cards in it for future reference, etc. We are pumped! I like working out with him--we both can grumble out loud at Cathe! (hee hee)

Denise

DH is planning to do STS with me. Unfortunately, he broke a rib two weeks ago, so we have to wait until he's healed (at least 4 more weeks). He had been planning to start his 1RM tests that day. He's down in the dumps about not being able to work out, poor guy.

Normally DH prefers to work out at the gym, and doesn't do too many DVD workouts. He and I did a Slow and Heavy rotation together last year. At the time he was surprised at how hard it was. So now I think he has a pretty realistic idea of what to expect with STS. I think he's happy that there are guys in the workout, and that they warm up using the bike...choreography is not his strong point! (But you should see him play DDR!!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.