Anyone else have a crazy life and trying to fit exercise in?

LadyUnix

Cathlete
Anyone else feel like there is no room for one more thing in their life! I'm working between 75-80 hours a week at 1 1/2 jobs, I have a lot to learn on my own time at one of my jobs, both jobs are stressful, I have an 18 year old going off to college next year and a 17 year old, and a long distance relationship with the man I love who is from England but temporarily in the states. I feel pushed to the edge!

I can't keep up with daily chores. My condo is an ungodly mess more often than not. But I am committed to maintaining some amount of exercise (hopefully 3x a week) into my life...at the expense of house cleaning, of course! When I'm 80...what will I wish I had done? Exercise or cleaned the kitchen?

I can't dedicate the time or the intensity I used to though. With my 14 hour work days, the energy I have to devote to it...just isn't what I wish it were.

I don't have time or motivation to read about what I shold be doing, quite frankly. When I lost my 90 lbs, I was all about reading everyday what is healthy eating, etc. I just can't be as hardcore as I was then. I don't have the motivation to figure out what my target heart rate is and make sure it's there. I just want to enjoy the time I have exercising! I am not obsessing about the splits I do, anymore, or the amount of weight I can or can not lift, etc.

Anyone else like this? Hopefully, I'm not alone out there. :) Although my time is so limited...I figure the most important thing at this stage in my life is to keep on keeping on, even if I can't do it 100%. Right? :)

I hear you sister! I have a full time job with 2 kids. The one thing I did have to do was to say I am going to get 30 minutes no matter what is going on around me. A quick, no thinking, 25 minute workout I swear by is Billy Blanks Tae Bo Cardio Circuit 1. It helped me to lose 20lbs, I swear. Good LUck

I haer you, too! 2 kids, full time job.... messy house!! I have committed to 3 miles per day. Some days it is 20 minutes on the treadmill in the morning and 20 minutes at lunch and then 20 minutes later in the day. Some days I run it all on the treadmill at once and even a little more.

I find that the more I exercise the better I feel, the better I eat and the more energy I have!

Pick a small goal and stick with it!
Good luck!
Jenn

Yes you moms of young children who still manage to find time to work out....you amaze me! Keep up the good work! :)

hang in there. i have some long days. two days a week, i work a 12 1/2 hour days. even then, i try to fit in a workout. either taekwondo or something not too heavy. the other days are lighter, but i still work many hours. seems to be a part of life for many people these days. my boyfriend lives around 50 minutes away- when there is no traffic. that is rare.

take each day as it comes, but try to plan ahead. i used a calendar and it helps to see where i have some time, even if it means getting up at 4:30 to go walking for an hour or so. i havent been working out as much or hard as i used to, but i have no choice. i try to make the best of each day. even though i sometimes feel like i am going to fall over, i try my best to get a workout in. if i need a day off, i dont get crazy. i just rest and look forward to the next workout. keep in mind, that you sound like you are still getting more workouts in than the general population. most of my friends dont even work out. they are tired just hearing about my day.

suri

On nights when I know I have a tight schedule because I have to run out of the house practically as soon as I get home and make dinner, I will sacrifice my dinner and looking like a supermodel when I go out. I will make dinner for everyone and then pop my DVD in. About 5 minutes before I have to leave, I take a quick peek in the mirror to make sure I don't have mascara all over my face and change my sweaty shirt and go. I figure if I smell then no one will bother me. This is the only way I get my workout in! I know that the kids and DH can survive at least 30minutes w/o me. If they try to interrupt I tell them that I can't hear them and keep on working out. My house looks like a mess most of the time but at least I can fit into new jeans so who cares! BTW it took me a long time to get over the "clean house" worries and the fact that I was "neglecting" my family for 30minutes - 1 hr a day.
Good Luck!

I've been raising my 3 Kids alone 24/7 for over 9 years, in that time I've relocated to new cities twice, been to college for 3 years while working 2 jobs. The last move was THE LAST move, a fresh start with a new career. I worked 3 jobs for 2 years while establishing a clientele. I now have 2 jobs and a wonderfully full life that, somedays, doesn't really feel so wonderful. I NEVER eat fast food, always cook for my family (better nutrition, better budget). I get up with the Kids to make their lunches, throw some laundry in and workout, this is non-negotiable. After that we're flying by the seat of our pants. I feel like I'm on top of things if the laundry hamper and dishtray are empty, everything else gets done.....whenever.....You are definitely not alone. Feeling like it's all just hanging by a thread is 'business as usual' for me.

In the past 18 months my attitude towards fitness has definitely shifted. So bloody what if I am carrying a bit of extra body fat, my heart is strong, my stress controlled. I used to obsess if my weight went over a certain number now, not so much. I think this is good for me. I will always be healthy and fit, just not the lean mean aerobic machine that I used to be and I am fine with that :)

You are doing great, embracing challenge and taking care of your family and yourself. You just keep on keepin' on Honey :)

Take Care
Laurie:)

I don't have it quite as rough as you, but I am a stay at home mom to a 2 year old and a 3 month old. My DD doesn't nurse, so I spend 6 hours a day with a pump attached to me. Then I feed her through a bottle. My days work in 3 hour increments. I pump for 45min, feed her for 45 min and then have 1.5hrs to enjoy them before I start over! My son is in speech therapy so I have to drill him daily with his words. I am extremely busy during the day and often push my workouts aside. However, I have recently been making myself workout during nap time instead of cleaning house. My husband says that I am in a MUCH better mood when I workout, and I agree. My house is awful...as you can imagine with 2 small kids! I wake up earlier some morning, other times I do it during nap time. If the kids don't nap together, then I stay up later. It must get done!

Good Luck!
Jessica

Yes!! I feel the same way...I have 4 month old twins and if I don't workout in the very early morning...I am too tired by the end of the day to do anything but sleep. But, I am still dedicated to being healthy and taking care of myself and I know that time will come back to me. Just right now, my priorities have been different...like constantly feeding, changing, and hopefully washing my armpits everyday:D
hang in there and take care of yourself@

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.