Anyone do a series at time as a rotation?

jazz

Cathlete
Anyone just pick a series and just do that for a month and then do a different series, etc. etc. for each month?

Just curious - I would assume doing this would certainly provide enough muscle confusion and variety to keep the body on its toes.

I've never really done this, as Cathe's series aren't really created with the intention of being complete rotations (the way P90X workouts are, for example).

While it might work for some series that have more variety in them (like the Intensity Series), some series are too weight-heavy or too circuit heavy for it to work well, I would think.

The only workouts I consider a complete rotation might be Cross Train Express and it is only a week long rotation.

What I did was create my own 11 week rotation, incorporating workouts I avoid like kickbox.

I also am devoting more days to weights only versus circuit training.

I did Hardcore exclusively when it first came out and I did the latest series of videos exclusively for the month of November. While I don't think any are set up to be used as complete rotations with the exception of CTX, I don't think it can hurt to pick a series and stick with it for a while. I don't really do rotations though. I do what I think will be fun for me that day. Having a perfect body isn't my goal, being really fit is.

Thanks guys. I know that whenever a new set comes out, cathe posts a rotation using them.

I'm just looking to keep things fresh.

I have every Cathe except slow and Heavy and I only have CTX upper but I still can't wait for the new workouts.

I think I'm addicted to her workouts.

Hello,

I think it is possible to do a complete series as a rotation and Cathe posted some rotations on her Rotations forumn for each serie she brings out (I think but not 100% sure. You will need to search for it).

I have been thinking of doing this myself using the Intensity series. There is IMAX 2 & C&W, PUB & PLB, Bootcamp & ME. Her cardio is mostly interval for this so I would add one or two of her step only for less intense cardio.

I was thinking of mixing it up like this:

Day 1: C&W cardio only, IMAX 2 blasts, Bootcamp cardio only (for intense cardio training.)
Day 2: ME.
Day 3: Step cardio only like Power Max &/or PUB (either the pyramid up or down only premix or all of it.)
Day 4: PLB or PUB in it's entirety.
Day 5: Step cardio &/or PUB (the other portion.)
Day 6: Step cardio or Bootcamp or PLB.
Day 7: Stretch and relax.

This is just an example of what I could do. This routine is more intense because I want to improve my cardio fitness and strength.

You can do a rotation with the Hardcore and Body Blast. My first purchased with Cathe was her Rythmic Step DVD and Power Hour DVD which I used exclusively for ages. There was enough variety just on those two to get you really fit.

IMO all of Cathe's series can be done as a set rotation.

Yen

This is my rotation for this week:

Day one - Step Fit

Day two - Butts & Guts

Day three - Circuit Max

Day four - Muscle Endurance

Day five - Original Body Max parts one & two (no upper body)

Day six - Muscle Max

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.