anyone buy new cross trainers recently?

fargomom

Cathlete
I know there has been discussion on this topic fairly recently, but when I searched I wasn't satisifed, so I guess I'm throwing this question out there again. :D :eek:

I'd like to know what brand of shoe you are wearing and if you like it. I'm in dire need of a new pair of cross trainers (aerobics/lifting) and am torn about what pair to buy.

These Asics ones from Lady Foot Locker look ok ... http://www.ladyfootlocker.com/catal.../model--101405~58634190/mvpid--prod_tp~54436/

As do these New Balance ones, also from that site ... http://www.ladyfootlocker.com/catal...es/model--97757~7622013/mvpid--prod_tp~54436/

Please "un-confuse" me if you can. Insight is appreciated! :)

Hi Kara!

I fell in LOVE with Under Armour's Women's Proto Speed, the first generation not the 2nd (II) that's just come out. You can still find the 1st one on some online stores and on Ebay. They are absolutely awesome cross trainers! They are lightweight have fantastic support and cushioning, and spring all over and in the forefoot. And they have that cushioning and spring where you need it for aerobics like stepping and plyo and other types of aerobics that have a toe, ball, heel landing. And they have great side to side support. I have wonky knees so I have to have the best impact protection possible and these shoes fit the bill. These are the BEST cross-trainers I've ever had, and I've been buying them up because now they're onto the 2nd generation which I'm dissappointed in because they shirked on the forefoot cushioning and I've complained to them by e-mail about it. For the Under Armour shoes be sure to buy a half size up as they kinda run small and are slightly narrow, some people may not like this BUT I love this, they fit like a glove. Also, the 2nd generation is wider in the toe box so others may like this better. Always try them on your feet first before buying though.

I wasn't impressed by New Balance's cross trainers at all. I found they didn't have enough cushioning and bounce back to the cushioning in their shoes.

Also, just to let you know my 2nd favourite shoe is actually a running shoe because they tend to have way more cushioning in some of them. It's the Nike's Vomero 3+, they are awesome too!

I hope this helps. And good luck!

New Balance 855

Hi Kara,
I agree that buying new cross trainers can be a daunting task. I went to a local New Balance store and bought some 855s. I wasn't sure I was going to like them because I thought they looked "clunky", but they were easy to work out in and my foot/ankle issues have practically disappeared. I had been wearing some running shoes for my workouts before buying these and I was paying for it. Good luck - there are a million different opinions out there! :confused:
Paula

So I did another search to see what everyone has been wearing for cross trainers. I finally found an old thread that was very informative. I went to Zappos.com, as some of you suggested, and bought a pair of Asics gel. I can't speak for the shoes yet, as I haven't yet tried them on, but man-o-man, talk about great service from Zappos. I ordered my shoes LAST NIGHT and I received them TONIGHT. No kidding! And I live in North Dakota. They gotta have some deal with a local company is what I'm thinking. Anyway. I love Zappos.com now! :D

I LOVE my Under Armour Cross Trainers

Another vote for these Under Armour sneaks. I never even knew they made sneaks, but mine are freaking awesome - about $69, bought them at Dicks. I just couldn't find the right Rykas anymore; New Balance is nice, Asics are okay. But do yourself a favor and try the UA.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.