Anyone BELLYDANCE?

Alana_as

Cathlete
I am interested in learning how to belly dance. Does anyone have any suggestions on any belling dancing DVD??? I think the dances are beautiful and it would also be an added "workout" (lol) to build up some better core strength!

Please let me know!! Thanks ladies!!;):D

gosh i don't have any specific recommendations but if you have fittv there is a show called shimmy that breaks down the moves slowly then builds up to a dance. its not really intense or anything but fun to learn. i am also learning with rania bossonis(sp) dvds. she isn't exciting but at this point i am just looking for form and basics otherwise i just follow youtube vids and try to work it LOL.

kassia

Well I'm off to buy a belly dancing scarf! woo! they are really cheap! well, at least where I'm going...15$! I dipped into savings a smidge for this, hehe:p. I'm gonna go look at best buy and see what they have on BD. But, I think I'll just youtube it and learn from there...at least that's free! hehe!:D

i think kathy smith has one, but i don't know anything about it.:confused:

actually thanks for reminding me.i have only done this one twice. the first workout is slow and sensual it does break down the moves but she doesn't go over technical stuff and the fast cardio paced workout has moves not gone over in the slow and sensual. its a good one to get cheap but better if you have some more knowledge of form. i hear the twins neena and veena are really good but i haven't gotten any of their stuff yet. i am trying to get trades on VF for some more bellydance.

kassia

Hi Alana!

Unfortunately, I'm spoiled rotten! I had the greatest bellydance instructor and she moved! So, I have not been able to get myself to try any dvds. She was amazing!

What a workout too! You don't feel like you're doing anything until the next day! I hurt in places I thought COULDN'T possibly hurt! It is so much fun! Me, I'm looking for a new instructor, to no avail yet.

Ok, I bought a belly hip scarf, and a simple belly dancing workout routine (very technical and sexy, woohoo!).:eek: it was easy and some moves...well..lets say...made me feel LIKE A WOMAN!! Damn..i didn't know my hips could move! haha...

The dvd I got is "Dance Off The Inches Belly Dance". Instructors name is Kili Marti I can tell it's not the "gooood" stuff, but its getting me started!

I ACTUALLY BUSTED A SWEAT!!! :eek::eek::eek:

alana i wanted to look into this one b/c it looks like bellydance and some other dance cardio moves. i am a sucker for fusion type workouts that are fun.

i used to have the goddess workout with dolphina and routine was really good but she was annoying and the camera work wasn't that good so i am trying new things now.

like i mentioned before i am actually watching a lot of vids on youtube(and like i did with kettlebells) i tried the moves and kept practicing. still trying to get the belly roll like tribal bellydancer rachel brice but practice makes perfect.its not for a workout in a sense but i really want to learn. i am also trying other dance styles like latin style and some hip hop. just makes me feel good

kassia

As long as you enjoy it, it's a good dvd/workout! Have fun with it!

Ok, I bought a belly hip scarf, and a simple belly dancing workout routine (very technical and sexy, woohoo!).:eek: it was easy and some moves...well..lets say...made me feel LIKE A WOMAN!! Damn..i didn't know my hips could move! haha...

The dvd I got is "Dance Off The Inches Belly Dance". Instructors name is Kili Marti I can tell it's not the "gooood" stuff, but its getting me started!

I ACTUALLY BUSTED A SWEAT!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I got "Luscious - the Bellydance Workout for Beginners". It sounds really stupid, but I'm telling you, it is just fantastic.

She shows you each move, then breaks it down, then you practice, then you watch them really doing it (and try to do it in real-time).

It's about 2 hours with beginner and intermediate moves, then a complete dance section.

I am a workout video snob and only like 3 instructors on earth, but I really, really liked this. And it's enough to keep you occupied for a long time trying to get it all down.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.