ANYBODY WEAR PERFUME?

desertambrosia

Cathlete
Anyone have a signature scent? Something you wear all the time. For myself, what I wear to work is totally different, than what I wear when I'm going to dinner with my husband. Most the time I don't wear a fragrance, I like the smell of clean skin. Sweating, and fragrance, just don't mix, so never when I workout. I can't commit to any fragrance, so I usually buy samples from luckyscent.com. Any thoughts?

I like "Heavenly" from Victoria's Secret. I prefer light clean scents. My scent changes with the seasons too. I just can't wear something heavy in the summer. As for working out.....lets just say I'm not winning ANY beauty contests at 530 am. I used to wear Anais Anais from Macy's but I haven't found it anywhere for years! Loved that one.

My scent is Opium but I don't wear it to work cause I work in a jail.

One of my very good friends, works for a state court. She wishes someone would wear perfume to court, when they transport defendants from jail. They must be very ripe. I commend you Katie Lee, evidently the smell can be over the top. Kudos!!

I have female family members who have never known when to say "enough is enough" when it comes to perfume, so since I grew up gagging on excessive floral fumes I've always relied on lotions for my scent. I like subtlety (like I said, I was traumatized) so I will apply a scented body butter after I shower. It never affects my workouts because the scent has dissipated by the time I do my morning workout the next day.

I gravitate to vanilla scents but do experiment based on what body butter is on sale at Bath & Body or Body Works or wherever. Guess I'd rather smell like a baked good than a flower, but that's a topic for another day... :p

Lisa

I have female family members who have never known when to say "enough is enough" when it comes to perfume, so since I grew up gagging on excessive floral fumes I've always relied on lotions for my scent. I like subtlety (like I said, I was traumatized) so I will apply a scented body butter after I shower. It never affects my workouts because the scent has dissipated by the time I do my morning workout the next day.

I gravitate to vanilla scents but do experiment based on what body butter is on sale at Bath & Body or Body Works or wherever. Guess I'd rather smell like a baked good than a flower, but that's a topic for another day... :p

Lisa

I know what you mean, I have family members that think more is better. Can't be in the same room with them. Yes, isn't it always loud screeching florals?

I am one who is very sensitive to fragrance (asthma and allergies). Just want to raise your awareness that it does make some people literally ill. If you wear it, keep it light -- please. I used to love to wear fragrance, but just cannot any more.

I am one who is very sensitive to fragrance (asthma and allergies). Just want to raise your awareness that it does make some people literally ill. If you wear it, keep it light -- please. I used to love to wear fragrance, but just cannot any more.
I am with you. I used to LOVE fragrance, but then I learned that fragrance is highly toxic, so I ditched EVERYTHING I had.....and I had a LOT. Now I only use natural, organic skin care products, shampoos, conditioners, and essential oils. Essential oils are so pleasant and they are naturally therapeutic. My husband wears synthetic fragrance and the smell is actually nauseating to me. :oops: Check out the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep Cosmetics Database. Eye-opening. :confused:

I am sensitive to smells as well b/c of my allergies, cannot stand anything floral or woodsy makes me literally sick or a serious headache. I have found a couple that do not bother me and are light:

Paris Hilton Can Can
DKNY Green Apple

Someone else had mentioned lotions and I will use that to, the ones from Bath and Bodyworks. During the holidays they have one call Peach Bellini and Strawberry Bellini that are fantastic.

My signature scent is Chanel Chance, all three versions: the original, Eau Fraiche and Eau Tendre. I don't wear it when all I'm doing is walking to the stores and back, but out to a concert or to see friends or to dinner or to teach, then yes, because it completes my outfit and makes me feel good. Also, the scent lingers: it lingers as a trace on my coats and scarves that I wear daily, so it's nice when I put them on again. This perfume reacts well on my skin and I get many compliments on it, so I do not think it is giving people headaches or making anyone I know feel ill.

I never want to walk around smelling like I just took a bath in 3 feet of air freshener.....

I have just discovered Chloe Love Story so as soon as I can afford it, I'm buying some of that too. Ebay has the best prices.

Often, my favourite scents are actually men's eau de cologne: L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent, Aqua de Gio and Bleu de Chanel. Wish my hubby would wear them, sigh........

Clare

Last edited:
I can't wear anything whilst I'm dealing with my animals - my dogs (working dogs) need to use their noses, my pigs get a bit tetchy if they can't smell who I am (pigs have rubbish eyesight, but a better sense of smell than dogs) - but really it's my bees who LOATH any artificial smell. I can't even wash my beesuit in detergent! I really don't want to upset a hive full of bees ;)

Occasionally I'll wear a Joe Malone fragrance - grapefruit and lime blossom being my favourite. She uses simple essential oil blends, and her scents always appeal to me.

Last edited:
I love luckyscent.com, nothing is listed as a scent for women or men, some are listed as unisex. Their idea, is if you like it, and it works well with your chemistry, go for it. Some of the fragrances leaning toward the masculine, are to die for. Their fragrances can be expensive, so samples are available. I also love to combine Jo Malone fragrances. I like fragrance, definitely some more than others, and never spritzing until the bottle is empty.

Last edited:
I used to wear "Tova" perfume all the time when I worked. Now I just use Bath and Body lotion " Cotton Blossom". It smells like you just took a shower. I love a clean smell.

Pine-Sol if I want a "woodsy" scent, or Lemon Pledge for that sunshiney aroma...o_O
Okay...I'm just havin' fun here :p!
For the last month I've been wearing Vermont Soap's Sage & Lime deodorant and I've been too afraid to wear anything else that's scented for fear of clashing :oops:! Like most of you, I prefer a light, airy, clean scent...I STRONGLY dislike when people wear patchouli or musk...STRONGLY DISLIKE!!!!!

I have to work with no scent (nursing) When I'm off I like bath body works scented lotions. I have several and have favorites depending on the season. My perfume that I like are Juicy couture , Givenchy very irresistible (my favorite now) , ralph lauren romance just to name a few. My dh likes "smelly" stuff so he is always buying me locations and perfume. My sons also really like scents. They are so funny I'll walk across the living room while they are watching some cars how. They all make a comment "you smell good mom" and my dh is what's the scent "come have a seat in my lap" :rolleyes:

as a afterthought I think that everything that I smell at work I'm really big on everything smelling good when I'm off. I'm always spraying some type of air freshener or lighting scented candles. There are some smells that you never forget and they tend to linger on me "it seems that way" when I get off work LOL

Last edited:
I'm in the camp of no scents. I used to wear "Fantasy" by Britney Spears and one of my friends said he could tell whenever I was anywhere in the vicinity. I have gone the natural route and try to use only natural soaps, lotions, etc. I feel much lighter!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.