Anybody use the iFit cards?

princessbear

Cathlete
BUMPING TO SEE IF ANYONE HAS AN ANSWER FOR ME ... PRETTY PLEASE!

My new treadmill came yesterday, and I'm having it put together today. It is a Nordic Track and has the ability to use iFit cards. I can't seem to find any "clips" or contents of the cards ... have founds some reviews ... I wanted to try Jillian Michaels Bootcamp card, or some other Jillian cards, but am not sure if they are worth the $$$.

Also thinking of Cardio Coach and would love some input on that as well.

TIA!

Last edited:
I have the NordicTrack X3 incline trainer. I have used two of the Jillian Michaels Power Walking ifit cards so far. They really make me work harder than I would if I picked the speed and incline myself. I used them three times per week for a few months starting last August and it really improved my endurance. I slacked off after a death in the family. I need to get back to it again.

Each card has 24 workouts so you can do three per week for eight weeks. They get progressively harder.

I also use the iFit cards with my incline trainer (FreeMotion) that I bought from Costco last fall. The cards change the incline and speed for you and have "canned" Jillian phrases. Each card usually has 24 workouts on it. When you put the card in and "scroll" through the workouts the maximum speed & incline plus the time will flash on the console screen for each workout. This is the only "description" I've found of the workouts.

They usually progress in intensity so if you start at the first workout you should be able to slowly improve your endurance. Hope this helps. I really enjoy the iFit cards because they're "no brainer" workouts (that I can put in and watch TV while I sweat with out thinking too much). ;)

Kathy G

Thanks so much for your input. My treadmill has 12 pre-programmed workouts - but I thought it might be fun to try the ifit workouts - and I love Jillian so I guess I'm off to spend more money!

Oh, go spend some more! I've never used iFit, but I do have Cardio Coach and can tell you, they are kick butt workouts! You can use them on any type of cardio machine and mix and match the workouts to create your own mixes as well!

So, when you try one of the iFit cards, you should also try a Cardio Coach workout, too and see how you like it! I'm sure it would give you a good variety to keep you going!

Maybe I WILL try Cardio Coach once I get iTunes back on my computer. Everything crashed yesterday and I everything..and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get iTunes back. Thanks for the tip!

Sorry about your computer! I've been hearing a lot of people complaining about their systems crashing lately! Do you have a PC or a Mac? I may be able to get my DH to give you some ideas for getting iTunes back up!

Sorry about your computer! I've been hearing a lot of people complaining about their systems crashing lately! Do you have a PC or a Mac? I may be able to get my DH to give you some ideas for getting iTunes back up!
Tricia - Aren't you SWEET! Thanks for that offer and I may reach out to you/your hubby for help. I'm not sure what happened - I did inadvertently downloan Internet Explorer 8 - and once that happened, I had trouble getting into my Outlook emails, lost all my contacts, and ALL my favorites.... ugh. So now I downloaded the iTunes again, but it isn't my account - just the general box ... and I'm afraid to sync my iPod lest I lose all the music on my iPod. Have to read the instructions for the iPod I guess... hopefully this weekend once I get some free time.

Again, thanks for the suggestion on Cardio Coach and a HUGE thanks for the offer of computer help. Have a great day!

Ok this is a little off topic but I had a question about the iFit cards vs. iFit live. I understand how both work, but is it an either/or? I really want to get a treadmill with the iFit cards, but could care less about the iFit live (I'm not that tech savvy!). I can't seem to find it anywhere on the iFit site either.

Nicole,
The treadmill either has iFit Live (which requires a separate purchase of a module), an SD slot for iFit cards, or an input for iFit via your computer which is the oldest technology.

So the newer treadmills will have iFit Live, the 3 years or younger treadmills will probably have iFit cards, and the older treadmills 4+ years will have the iFit technology that requires you to connect your computer (via a stereo cord input). Hope that makes sense. They only have one "technology" on each treadmill. I wish they would've made the new treadmills with both iFit card slots AND iFit Live capability (but that wouldn't give them a monthly revenue from you that way....you will have to sign up for iFit Live with a subscription). :(

I have a treadmill that's 4.5 years old that has the old iFit technology that requires me to connect my computer to it. I have an incline trainer with an iFit card slot (and love it). I guess my next treadmill purchase will have iFit Live, lol.

Kathy G

Anytime Mary!

We'll be around this weekend if you have any questions about synching your iPod again! Good luck! :D

Tricia - Aren't you SWEET! Thanks for that offer and I may reach out to you/your hubby for help. I'm not sure what happened - I did inadvertently downloan Internet Explorer 8 - and once that happened, I had trouble getting into my Outlook emails, lost all my contacts, and ALL my favorites.... ugh. So now I downloaded the iTunes again, but it isn't my account - just the general box ... and I'm afraid to sync my iPod lest I lose all the music on my iPod. Have to read the instructions for the iPod I guess... hopefully this weekend once I get some free time.

Again, thanks for the suggestion on Cardio Coach and a HUGE thanks for the offer of computer help. Have a great day!

Like Kath G said - you get one or the other. Although on some of the newer treadmills you can still get the iFit card option, which I did. My treadmill was last year's model (the new models came out I think at the end of 2009). I didn't see much sense in paying that much more money (a few hundred dollars more) for iFit live when I wasn't sure if I was even going to use it.

Thanks ladies!! Off to do some treadmill shopping...:)

So far, I'm loving my NordicTrack T9ci. It has everything I need/want! And it was on sale at Sears cuz it was last years model. I paid $799 and it originally sold for $1399!! Good luck withyour shopping.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.