Anybody use a stationary bike workout video?

banslug

Cathlete
I am looking for a wokrout video (DVD) for my stationary bike (not a spin bike). Does anybody have one that you could recommend? I was looking at the Spinervals, but I'd like a recommendation from a crowd I can trust!

Thanks!

Gayle

Gayle,

Here is something that I found that Cathe created some time ago. I'm sure you can subsitute other videos if you wish.

Cathe’s Recumbent Bike/Total Body Workout
1)Two times per week using the recumbent bike. Your workout should be 40 minutes. 7 minute warm up, then 20 minutes on semi-low resistance with high-speed movement, then 10 minutes of interval sprints (one minute heavy resistance/slow speed, one minute light resistance/fast speed), three to 5 minute cool down peddling at a moderate to slow pace. Stretch!

2) Two times per week with a walk/run program. 40 Minute workout. 7 minute moderate walking for warm up, 7 minutes very brisk walking, 7 minutes light running, 10 minutes of intervals (one minute RUNNING, one minute walking), 4 minutes brisk walking, 5 minute cool down walking at a moderate to slow pace. Stretch!

3)Body Max as is.

4)The strength-training portion of The Wedding Video

Total Body

Hope this helps.

FITXME

Hi Gayle!

I am totally addicted to Spinervals! I highly recommend them! I have been using Robert Sherman's new Cycle Challenge too. It actually has a nice core segment at the end of the workout.

Aila

ETA that I use an upright stationary bike & it works just fine:)

Thanks, guys, for the recommendations! I was shopping at the Spinervals sight and another one at www.ridenrun.com. I appreciate your help!

What kind of results ahve either of you seen (if any) from regular use of your bikes?

Gayle

I have purchased a few spinervals at www.nashbar.com & www.trisports.com too. They both have pretty good prices.

My legs really slimmed down & tightened pretty quickly. I am now only doing high rep, light weights only once a week. I use to do my legs 2-3 times a week. I also had some extra fat on my hips which is now gone. BTW, I have only been spinning for about a month and a half.

Aila

Aila-

Thanks so much for your input. So, if I understand you correctly, you do your 'spinning' on a regular basis and only add the hi rep/lo wts lower body 1x each week; is that right?

I really do appreciate your input. I am sort of babying a groin/hip flexor injury and am looking to cross train with some low impact (but HI INTENSITY) cardio work. Looks like the cycling will take care of the cardio AND the shaping/defining of my legs.

THANKS again!

Gayle

I am spinning 3x a week and doing hi rep/lo weights 1x per week. I have really seen a huge difference in my lower half. I honestly could not believe how quickly my legs slimmed down and shaped up! My legs weren't too bad, but I had a few dimples on the side of my thighs. They are gone as well as my trouble area...HIPS! It took me a long time to figure out how to get rid of the extra fat on my hips and spinning is what did it for me.

Aila

Do you own a spinbike? If so how much are they and where can one buy it. I would like to own my own. I am not big on going to the gym. Thanks

Terri :)

I understand that Brenda is in two of the Spinerval workouts. I know one was with a VF crew. Can't remember the other one. Can someone help me with the names?
Lorrayne

check out cardiocoach.com

I have a few spinervals. They were my favorite until I tried cardiocoach.com. Vol 4 is the hardest. Vol 3 is also pretty challenging. Cardiocoach puts out audio cd interval workouts that can be used on any cardio machine.

The music in cardio coach is much better imho. I found myself never watching the tv in spinervals anyway.

Lisa

www.cardiocoach.com

RE: check out cardiocoach.com

Just to tide you over, I often ride my stationary bike to Boot Camp All but Core premix. I do an interval on the cardio, then a brief recovery then aerobic steady for the lower and upper body, then another interval. Time flies. And 8 intervals is perfect. The whole workout takes 40 minutes.

Other workouts that are good to watch are HSC (for about 4 circuits), Gin Miller's Intense Moves and any of the Imaxes.

WOW! Lots of good suggestions! Thanks so much, everyone!

I'm off to try them all out!

Gayle

What kind of bike do you have Aila? where did you get it?

What is the difference b/t a spin bike and a stationary or recumbant?

jes:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.