ANYBODY THINKING OF ORDERING CHALENE JOHNSON'S TURBO FIRE?

js70

Cathlete
I'm tempted to order it. I watched the clip and it does look fun and intense. I've yet have to try Insanity. What do you all think about this workout?

I'm considering it too. Did they announce the release date/cost yet? I just bought one of her Turbo Jam workouts and it's really fun; I love the Sculpt DVD and use it as an add-on to Cathe's leg workouts.

I think the release date is June 18th and the price is probably, I think, $119. So you did enjoy Turbo Jam? I never tried it. I'm doing Chalene Extreme right now. I like it, but I don't see much change in me. My husband told me that the way I'm eating, I'm lucky enough that I'm not as big as a house :) i guess if I follow the nutrition program, I might see differences in my body. Did you see good result with her other workout?

Jera

I just got it last week so it's too early to tell if it's working, haha. The disc has 5 workouts and I've only done the 20 min intro one and the sculpting one. The sculpting one KILLS my legs and I have killer DOMS the next day. I still have to try the full-length 45 min Turbo Jam but I'm sure I'll like it since I like the other 2 variations.

I'm thinking about it. But with the KCM's, Amy Bento and Tracey Staehles new releases I don't know. So many new workouts so little $$.

I have the learn and burn intro Turbo Jam workout and I love it. It is fun 20 minutes of work, I like the sculpt workout also.

I waiting for punch, kick and jam to come in the mail and hoping that one is just as fun.

Jenn

I am in as well. Not sure on the final price yet. I thought I read that the $119 is for the basic kit. As usual with Beachbody, there is a basic and a deluxe. I will, of course, have to have the deluxe!

Carrie

This will probably be one of my next purchases. I'm in the middle of an Insanity hybrid of sorts where I do the workout for the day, but I usually follow it with more cardio from Cathe or some sort of weight training with Cathe. Today it was the upper body portion of Body Max 2. So right now I'm not sure if I want to buy P90X, STS or Turbo Fire. I guess I have a good month to decide since I'm only in week 4 of Insanity.

Yup, I'm buying this one, I really want to like Insanity, but I have too much dread factor with them, I'm hoping these are a similar style with a little less intensity and a lot more fun :D . I was reading on their boards the regular package will be $119, but pricing was not provided yet for the deluxe package. Also, they actually moved the release date up, a couple weeks ago they said 6/18 was the release date for coaches, but just recently they changed it so anyone can order it on 6/18.

I totally have to have this. And the deluxe package at that. I hope that anyone can order it on 6/18. My birthday is 6/19 and if Turbo Fire is available it will be an awesome gift to myself :D

Hi,

I totally plan on getting Turbo Fire and leaning toward the Deluxe but I don't want any recovery drink included in it, just the dvd stuff. I'm really excited about Turbo Fire I have all of her beachbody Turbo jam workouts and love them. They are so huge on the fun factor.

I have 4 days left of insanity to finish and I've already completed P90X. I have P90X+ but haven't started that one yet. I do own all of STS and STS Shock Cardio and done all of those. If anyone is a little intimidated about Insanity just know that you can modify the moves making them smaller, not jumping as high and just doing as much as you can not worrying about how fast or how many the people on the DVD are doing. That's what I've been doing, and it works for me. I have MS and knee issues but I take precautions wearing good shoes, I have puzzle mats in my workout area to help absorb impact, and on impact moves always keep knees soft and try to land soft. Those things have made insanity a fun and safe workout for me. Also, you don't have to do Insanity as the workout calendar shows. I've heard some are using it as a workout to add into their weekly workout rotation using it one or two days a week along with those in any rotation.

Anxiously awaiting Turbo Fire's release!
:cool:
Hugs!

Nora

Hi,

I have 4 days left of insanity to finish and I've already completed P90X. I have P90X+ but haven't started that one yet. I do own all of STS and STS Shock Cardio and done all of those. If anyone is a little intimidated about Insanity just know that you can modify the moves making them smaller, not jumping as high and just doing as much as you can not worrying about how fast or how many the people on the DVD are doing. That's what I've been doing, and it works for me. I have MS and knee issues but I take precautions wearing good shoes, I have puzzle mats in my workout area to help absorb impact, and on impact moves always keep knees soft and try to land soft. Those things have made insanity a fun and safe workout for me. Also, you don't have to do Insanity as the workout calendar shows. I've heard some are using it as a workout to add into their weekly workout rotation using it one or two days a week along with those in any rotation.

Nora

Thanks for adding the tips on Insanity, I know it's a great workout, maybe I'll try adding just one a week and see if I learn to enjoy them more.

OMG...I just heard about Turbo Fire and I'm totally going to get it! I am fairly new to Chalene and Turbo Jam, but already have two cardio parties and the Kick, Punch Jam --- they are all great fun and a pretty darn good workout. If Chalene can combine that great music with challenging intensity, she will have me hooked!

I also LOVE the insanity series. If it had great music in it, it would be even more fun, but it's great without it anyway. There will never be a day that Shaun T doesn't have me sweating buckets and rethinking whether I will finish a workout! hahah. It will always be a challenge. I agree that you can modify the workouts to be easier too. Shaun T is genious in these videos.

I must say that I love having a variety of instructors/videos in my arsenal. I change up from day-to-day and always go to Cathe first! I love her Shock Cardio series too.

I definitely want this! I love Chalene and her Turbo Jam workouts and CLX...but I've got so many workouts now that I can't get to. So many workouts, so little time....:D

I just recently re-started STS, so I may hold out on Turbo Fire until later this year/next year, when I can get the deluxe version without all the drinks, etc that Beachbody always throws in...

Can't wait!

I have Insanity and it's definitely intense! They are pretty quick workouts and I am literally dripping sweat after each of them.

I used to do Turbo Jam, I have all of them, and they are really fun and a great workout. I can't wait to try Turbofire!

Turbo Jam Question

Hello, for those of you that have tried Chalene's Turbo Jam - which one is more advanced? Turbo Jam or the Turbo Jam Elite? I want to get one of the Turbo Jams but don't want it to be easy - as a Cathlete, I need an advanced workout. Thanks for any information to help me decide which one to get.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.