Anybody fro NJ?

pace1987

Cathlete
I was just wondering if there is anyone from NJ? I am but not that close to Cathe:(. I live about 1 1/2 hour though. I live in New Providence. I wouldn't mind getting together with some Catheholic.

Hi Barbara! What a small world. Growing up I was not too far from you. I lived in the Watchung area. During high school I had two part time jobs.....one at Elaine Powers Figure Salon which at that time was in the Blue Star Shopping Center and the other was working at the New Providence Friendly's:)

Cathe???

Is the reason you worked at Elaine Powers because you had to balance out working at Friendly's?? Yuuum! :9 Just Kidding!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Cathe???

Hi Barbara!
I live in Blackwood Nj! I'm only 20 mins away from Cathe's (as well as Deborah(Fitness Goddess) and I would love to get together! Let me know what day is best for you!
I'm currently only off on Mondays in the winter so I can play in the summer ;-)
(working xtra hours for the holidays , car insurance etc ;-) !
Tues thru Fridays I'm at the racetrack but I can get my Friday covered if that's a better day for you!( Just need some notice ;-)
email me at [email protected]

Sheesh! I'm originally from the northern part of NJ & have never heard of New Providence. Where is that? LOL

I live about 30 minutes from Cathe, in Mount Laurel. Francine & I have gotten together a couple of times at Cathe's. WHAT A BLAST TO WORK OUT WITH HER IN PERSON!

When you e-mail Francine, cc me & we'll all get together.

By the way Francine, I got your email. Thanks, I've got to call you & catch up! E-mail me what you're doing Saturday AM & I'll give you a call before my day gets crazy!

Wow Cathe!! It is a small world. My sister use to go to the Elaine Powers there years ago. I can't believe that you worked at Friendly's in New Providence. I wish I can get up to your gym one of these days and work out with you.

Hi Deborah, It is in Union County. Did you ever hear of Summit, Berkeley heights, Springfield, Chatham, or Madison? Well Im pretty close to there. How about Overlook Hospital? I will email Francine. This will be fun:) I hope more are from NJ so we all can get together.

Hi Barbara,
I'm not in NJ but I'm close. I'm outside Philadelphia and about 45 minutes from Cathe's gym. I would love to visit the gym and meet other Cathe addicts. ;-) I can tell you that taking a class with Cathe is a super duper experience! I met Francine and Deborah and Cathe last summer for a Bodypump class. You just let me know what you're planning and I'd love to join you!

Liz

Hi Barbara,
I don't live in NJ anymore.(wish I did)My husband and I lived in Chatham boro for 7 years before moving to southern California. I used to spend alot of time in New Providence. I worked out and worked as a trainer at Murray Hill Raquet and Fitness.We used to love that Mexican restaurant not far from the seven-eleven. I also used to take my twins to the mothers morning out at the Presbyterian church on the corner. Is the A&P still across from the Raquet Club? Also there was a great Chinese restaurant in that shopping center.All of my family still lives in the NY-NJ area. I still hope to be able to move back there again. I would definitely go right back to the same area!:) :)

Hi FitJenny, Yes the A&P is still there. I do my shopping there sometimes. I did belong to the YMCA in Summit. The Murray Hill Raquet was way to much!! Now are you talking about Chen's Chinese? We are good friends with Raymond Chen and I get takeout there once a week.

Hey Liz, I just email Francine about maybe getting together for lunch sometime in a few weeks. I was hoping we can all meet half way. Just maybe I will meet at Cathe's gym and take a class with all of you but I have to get a babysitter to pick up my son from school because Im pretty far about 1 1/2 hour and depending on the traffic. My email is [email protected]

RE: Question from a geographic interloper:

Pardon the intrusion from a Non-New-Jerseyite:

One of my secret dreams is to attend one of Cathe's classes live.

What major airport or airports is / are closest to Glassboro?

Inquiring A-Jocks want to know . . .

TIA!

A-Jock

The only one I know is Newark Airport and I think JFK but I think that one would be really far.

A-jock, Cathe's studio is only 30 minutes or so from the Philly airport. If you look up Glassboro on a map, you'll see that it's in the southern tip of NJ, WAY down there.

We live in the suburbs of Atlanta, but my Yankee DH's family all lives in NJ where he grew up (Cathe, I think I mentioned this years ago, but my brother-in-law and wife and kids live in Watchung -- BEAUTIFUL area! :)). We'll be up there for T'giving, as a matter of fact. My in-laws are in Demarest (Bergen County only 15 minutes from the GW bridge) and my sister-in-law and hubby and kids live in Upper Saddle River (upper Bergen County, very near the NY state border).

Just for grins I ran a Mapquest to see how long it would take me to drive down from my in-laws to Cathe's, or from the Watchung crowd to Cathe's. I think a lot of people tend to think of NJ as a smallish state that's joined at the hip to NYC. But it would actually take me a little more than an hour from Watchung, which in turn is an hour or more from Manhattan. And it would take me between 90 minutes and 2 hours, Turnpike traffic depending, to drive to Cathe's from my in-laws' home which is quite near Manhattan. New Jersey's actually a pretty LONG state! :) And, I might add (speaking as a Southerner who grew up with all kinds of NJ stereotypes in my head and then married a Jersey boy and repented :)), many parts of New Jersey are drop-dead gorgeous. Too bad that the Newark - NYC corridor is the most "visible" part of NJ, because it's also the least attractive.

http://e4u.deltait.com.au/sport/sport23.gif Kathy S.

A-jock,
I definitely think Philly International airport (PHL) would be your best bet if you were to fly in. Glassboro is just across the Delaware river and south if my memory serves me correctly.

Liz

Kathy my husband cousin lives in Bergen County and I think it is in Saddle River and he is a cop there. His name is Tom Carriddi.

Guess what ? I have a sister-in-law and brother in New Providence. She exercises sporadically. Maybe she could be converted to a Catheite!

sport23.gif

Judy

Hi guys!

I live in Monmouth county in NJ. I would love to get together! Sometimes it is so lonely here - I know no one else who has ANY idea who Cathe or The Firm or FitPrime is!! Let me know!

Cathy:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.