Anybody else....

wonderwoman

Cathlete
Feeling so unmotivated to do anything especially workout??? I know it's because of all this cold and snow...and it's going to snow yet again tomorrow another 2-5 inches.
I just want to hibernate...... Oh and eat too!

Yes I've been in the same boat. Is spring ever going to come..lol. I ordered P90x3 last night hoping it will revive me.
Amy

Shovel Max is no Fun

I know what you mean. Since I have been doing the shovel max workout lately, I just don't have the energy or motivation to lift any weights or step at all.

Cally

I'm in the Philly area and we are now registering our 3rd highest snowfall in history. :confused: I have spent many hours this evening searching the real estate listings in FL. It's time for me to be a snowbird! My mental health depends on it! I just received this email from a friend and thought I'd post it here, as those of us in this situation really need some humor at this point. :p

Dear Mary,

Aug. 12 - Moved into our new home in Pennsylvania. It is so beautiful here. The hills and river valleys are so picturesque. I have a beautiful old oak tree in my front yard. Can hardly wait to see the change in the seasons. This is truly God's Country.

Oct. 14 - Pennsylvania is such a gorgeous place to live, one of the real special places on Earth. The leaves are turning a multitude of different colors. I love all of the shades of reds, oranges and yellows, they are so bright. I want to walk through all of the beautiful hills and spot some white tail deer. They are so graceful; certainly they must be the most peaceful creatures on Earth. This must be paradise.

Nov. 11 - Deer season opens this week. I can't imagine why anyone would want to shoot these elegant animals. They are the very symbol of peace and tranquility here. I hope it snows soon. I love it here!

Dec. 2 - It snowed last night. I woke to the usual wonderful sight: everything covered in a beautiful blanket of white. The oak tree is magnificent. It looks like a postcard. We went out and swept the snow from the steps and driveway. The air is so crisp, clean and refreshing. We had a snowball fight. I won, and the snowplow came down the street. He must have gotten too close to the driveway because we had to go out and shovel the end of the driveway again. What a beautiful place. Nature in harmony. I love it here!

Dec. 12 - More snow last night. I love it! The plow did his cute little trick again. What a rascal. A winter wonderland. I love it here!

Dec. 19 - More snow - couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work in time. I'm exhausted from all of the shoveling. And that snowplow!

Dec. 21 - More of that white shit coming down. I've got blisters on my hands and a kink in my back. I think that the snowplow driver waits around the corner until I'm done shoveling the driveway. Asshole.

Dec. 25 - White Christmas? More freakin' snow. If I ever get my hands on the son of a bitch who drives that snowplow, I swear I'll castrate him. And why don't they use more salt on these roads to melt this crap??

Dec. 28 - It hasn't stopped snowing since Christmas. I have been inside since then, except of course when that SOB "Snowplow Harry" comes by. Can't go anywhere, cars are buried up to the windows. Weather man says to expect another 10 inches. Do you have any idea how many shovelfuls 10 inches is??

Jan. 1 - Happy New Year? The way it's coming down it won't melt until the 4th of July! The snowplow got stuck down the road and the shithead actually had the balls to come and ask to borrow a shovel! I told him I'd broken 6 already this season.

Jan. 4 - Finally got out of the house. We went to the store to get some food and a goddamn deer ran out in front of my car and I hit the bastard. It did $3,000 in damage to the car. Those beasts ought to be killed. The hunters should have a longer season if you ask me.

Jan. 27 - Warmed up a little and rained today. The rain turned the snow into ice and the weight of it broke the main limb of the oak tree in the front yard and it went through the roof. I should have cut that old piece of shit into fireplace wood when I had the chance.

May 23 - Took my car to the local garage. Would you believe the whole underside of the car is rusted away from all of that damn salt they dump on the road? Car looks like a bashed up, heap of rusted cow shit.

June 10 - Sold the car, the house, and moved to Florida. I can't imagine why anyone in their freakin' mind would ever want to live in the God forsaken State of Pennsylvania.

Feeling so unmotivated to do anything especially workout??? I know it's because of all this cold and snow...and it's going to snow yet again tomorrow another 2-5 inches.
I just want to hibernate...... Oh and eat too!

That is exactly how I feel! I just bought the new BB 21 Day Fix in an effort to kickstart myself. I started yesterday and I actually have DOMs today from Total Body Cardio. Comes with a set of cute colorful containers to measure your food with and I plan on using this to lose some winter weight, and motivate myself. The w/o's are all 30 minutes.

I've used the same motivational tool---getting a couple new workouts. Collage has(d) the Brooklyn Bridge Workout (I think that's the title) for under $10 yesterday. Original price was $35 or something ridiculous. So I previewed it and figured, for less than ten bucks, why not give it a shot. It's supposed to be very difficult, but you can easily modify it. It's ordered and on the way. I also ordered another DVD from The Bar and am contemplating trying something from Physique 57, Pure Barre, or Pop Physique. We'll see. I'm loving the results I'm seeing from adding barre work to my leg workouts.

I also have been revisiting workouts I haven't done in awhile, which has been fun, and finally doing some DVDs that I haven't yet tried. :D

Hang in there, everyone.

I needed that laugh. Too funny. I'm sure that I will be plowed in today and then I will be late picking my husband up from work!!

Thanks for the giggle. I've seen it before but it's worth revisiting because it's so true! Snow starts out beautiful.....then....Aaaahhhh crap

It seems being homebound has made shoppers out of us huh?

Please post reviews of the Brooklyn Bridge workout. It looked interesting but I didn't bite. I'm planning on buying a barbell set, weight rack and weighted vest.

If it keeps snowing I'm going to go broke.:mad:

I live in the NW burbs of Philly and I am SO FREAKING TIRED OF THE SNOW. But, I keep telling myself that the bugs will be less this year because they are ALL FROZEN UNDER THE FREAKING SNOW. :p <Sigh>

At least this weekend it'll be near 60 and raining. Flooding is so much better... Guess I better go check the sump pump :)

Ellen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.