Anybody done new Tae Bo Amped yet???

rose2boys

Cathlete
I just got it in the mail today, but I'm afraid of not liking it and wasting my workout time. I got the bar and 5 workouts. I'm hoping to like it as much as Ripped! series...

Is the amplifier bar just another gimmick or is a good tool, like, say, the stability ball?

Just curious what reviews/opinins are out there...

rose2boys

Keep smiling & sweating!

I'm still waiting on mine. I doubt it is like the get ripped series. Billy's new company, Giam, rarely does pure cardio. I am thinking of sending mine back once it gets here nd just getting more cathe!
Oh, I hear the bar is to help with form and the abs.

jessica

rose,

I got mine yesterday - I ended up with 7 DVD's of the amped workout. I tried the Full Throttle one last night. It is hard to say because I need to do a workout more than once to really have a good opinion on it.

I think the bar is good - it is easier to use than the bands were - that is for sure - for me anyways. A few of the moves took a little getting used to with the bar - but most of them were easy to follow. I felt like I did get a great upper body and core workout and my legs too.

They all counted in 8 sets of 8 - my forearms were killing me toward the end. I think I will enjoy this one. It is 55 minutes in length. I am going to try another one tonight.

Cheryl

I have only done Full Throttle and that seems to be cardio for me anyway. The bar only weighs 3#'s but when using it for 45 minutes it did get my arms sore. He does one section of bicep curls but we are in a low lunge position which really taxes the butt and legs - even with the tricep kick backs you get a leg workout in there too.

It was nice to see Shelley with a little more weight on, since she just had a bay in July - she looks really good - but I thought she was a little on the thin side before. Her abs look great!

Cheryl

I'm a Tae-bo fan, so I've ordered the entire Amped series. So far I've received the regular 5 pack. Last night I did Jump-Start Cardio, which is I guess the basic workout, and also Core Express. I found Jump-Start Cardio to be a little too basic for those of us who were hoping for another Get Ripped series. However, I did like the way the Amplifier helped me zone in more on my abs. There are some moves where they go a little too fast (in my opinion) to safely use the weighted bar. In those instances, I just kept going at my own pace. I had done Muscle Max the day before, so I definite was feeling the 3 Lb. bar. I've heard good things about the Full-Throttle workout, so I may just jump to that one next.

There is one workout in another pack (Multi-Pack), that has a 90 minute workout to it. I just ordered last week, and hope it will be more in line with Get Ripped. I will definitely let you all know.

Iris

Iris,

Yes, Full Throttle was a great workout - especially for the core and good cardio. I did Fat Burn Accelerator last night - it was good but slower paced than FT - I must say that he does do some of it (when he amps it up) too fast for the bar. What I did was I kept my feet going at the fast pace, but I did the bar at the slower pace.

It seemed to me to be much too fast with the bar - in other words - unsafe in my opinion. I think I felt it more and did better for my core by doing it at a normal speed.

I know this will be great on the core and for my arms. I felt it was more doable than the band work out he had before. I do think his LIVE Advanced series and his Get Ripped series is the best - but this bar does feel good with many of his moves.

Cheryl

>FUQQQQQQQQQQQQQ BILLY BLANKS AND HIS FRANTIC PACED VIDEOS.

Whoa! Chill out.

That response does not add any value to this discussion.

rose2boys

Keep smiling & sweating!

I have thought about this series but have found nothing I like as much as Taebo Advanced Live. If it gets mixed reviews I will proberly wait for the swaps before I try it out.

Kim

Do you think an Intermediate fitness level could keep up with this new series. I did Taebo cardio circuit 1 and had problems keeping up with the pace. The again collage video rated it as intermediate. It was actually advanced.

I started out with Billy as a beginner. I could not do all his workouts, and stopped many times, but I eventually got it. He has some great workouts. The get ripped series and the advanced live tapes are his best though. I say get them, if you don't like them, you can return.

I started out with Billy as a beginner. I could not do all his workouts, and stopped many times, but I eventually got it. He has some great workouts. The get ripped series and the advanced live tapes are his best though. I say get them, if you don't like them, you can return.

Ok, I did Fat Burn Accelerator today. I liked it a lot. I think it's a good toning workout. I worked up a good sweat, but I would say cardio-wise I was comfortable. On my cardio days I prefer to get my heart-rate up higher, but I like the way the Amplifier worked my entire body, so I could deal with the cardio not being as intense. I plan to do Full Throttle tomorrow.

To the person who asked if these workouts would be appropriate for beginners, I would say absolutely. The good thing about the tae-bo workouts is that you don't have to use the tools, (bands, or the amplifier), so these workouts grow with you, from beginner to advanced. Is all in what you put into it. I have been doing Tae-bo for nearly 4 years now, and I've learned to just modify some moves, or the pace. I no longer feel pressured to keep up with the crew.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.