Any suggestions for somebody new to Cathe's tapes?

April

Hi,
I read all the raving reviews about Cathe's tapes. I now have to try them...The 4 videos deal seems to be the best, but I need some suggestions from Cathe veterans,
(I am an intermediate exerciser doing FIRM and ES and am intimidated by complex choreography)
1. MIS or PS - for a good upper body w/o?
2. 3 cardio tapes which are fun at the same time not too complex to learn.
3. Body Max seems to be the best, but is the upperbody work here similar to PS or MIS?
Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply.

Recently in the same boat

I'm a new Cathe-ite with the step tapes, but have been using her weight training tapes for about a year. If you are new to weight training, you may want the start out with "How to get in Shape for your Wedding." It has a step segment and a weight training segment. If you have been lifting weights, I'd start out with the MIS tape.

I'd never used step tapes, so I started out with MegaStep Blast. The "Wedding" Tape is similar as far as the step section is concerned. Then after I'm familiar enough with Mega Step, I'll do Step Heat, Step Jam, and Step Max. THEN, I'm going to be gutsy and do BodyMax.
happy.gif

Just be sure to review the tapes before you try to do them, and practice the stuff you're shaky with.
And, hey, look at me Ma, I'm a stepper now!
happy.gif

Thanks for your suggestion

It's just that I saw Collage's catalogue and Body Max was marked as staff favourite. Besides it seems similar to Energy Sprint in that it has both step, upper body and ab workouts and more or less the same duration.
Since I liked Energy Sprint I thought I would try this.

To April

April,

I think MIS is an excellent total body workout. I did it last p.m. with very heavy weight and was impressed at how sore I am today (sore in a good way)
happy.gif

I think that the upper body in "Body Max" is similar to that of MIS, although it moves a little more quickly between sets and the stretches are briefer. Body Max, IMO, is one of the best fitness videos ever.

I have both Energy Sprint & Body Max

I think you will like Body Max. It will take you to the next level especially if you can do ES on the 8 inch step. The weights are much heavier and the step routine requires more energy and stamina. But it isn't too complex. You should do great with that choice. It's allot of fun, you will enjoy it. Lora

Thanks Lora and Amy

Thanks for your inputs. With all of your suggestions, I have decided to go in for
1. MIS
2. Bodymax
3. Mega step Blast ...I still have to decide on the fourth tape.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.