Any nurses online?

jzsnow

Cathlete
My DD is 9 months and was eating the DHA Junior fish oil caplets. My 3 year old gave them to her...not sure how many she ate. I called the pedi, and am waiting for a call back, but should I be worried??

Jessica

Oh no!

I have no idea the answer to your question, but I hope your sweetheart is okay! Update us when you can, okay?

My nursely advice would be to call poison control. Supplements can be just as dangerous as anything else if taken in large quantities. (and even a little bit of an adult sized supplement is too much for a small child). Best of luck and please let us know how your daughter is.
Valerie :)

Well, no call back last night. She ate them at 10, and I waited till 2am to go to bed. She is doing fine, just had a lot of runny diapers that smelled like fish:)

The caplets are made for children, and she usually gets 2 a day, and my son who is 3, get's 4 a day. I will continue to watch her today, bt I think she is fine:)

Jessica

The only thing that you need to worry about are the heavy metals that can be found in the fish oil. Yes, they are even in the oil. Just give her lots of water today to try to flush it out. There is also a bit of vitamin A, c and E in them as well, just naturally occurring. But these are all non toxic for the most part. The worst that could happen is she'll have a bit of diarhea. Keep a close eye on her, and maybe give a nateuropathic dr a call, they'll know more than a pediatrician when it comes to those kinds of things. Just my 2C

Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.